Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Would you like median income to grow $22,000 and 3.8% unemployment?

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    There you have it. Everybody wins. That is until you actually bother to look at the bottom line of free healthcare, medicare and free school. If I didn't have to pay my bills every month, I'd be living pretty high on the Hog too.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Friedman, however, argues that Sanders' plan would be more stimulative because it is pouring money into the economy, as opposed to cutting taxes. Several of Sanders' proposals -- such as spending $1 trillion on infrastructure -- will happen in the first few years of his administration.

The thinking goes: This enhanced government spending would increase demand on businesses, who would then hire more workers to meet their needs. The increase in employment will prompt people to buy more, leading other businesses to hire.

"If there is more spending, people will have more to do," Friedman said, noting that the share of the population with jobs could be restored to its 1999 level of more than 64%, up from its current 59.6% rate.

Obama's shovel ready jobs and I got a good chuckle out of this

You are aware that our best economy is during war when government spending is out of control right? From a fundamental perspective, government spending reduces unemployment and increases corporate profits in the short term. Long-term effects of massive deficits or tax increases are another matter.

That being said, even if Bernie does get elected, none of the shit he's proposing will actually pass.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Friedman, however, argues that Sanders' plan would be more stimulative because it is pouring money into the economy, as opposed to cutting taxes. Several of Sanders' proposals -- such as spending $1 trillion on infrastructure -- will happen in the first few years of his administration.

The thinking goes: This enhanced government spending would increase demand on businesses, who would then hire more workers to meet their needs. The increase in employment will prompt people to buy more, leading other businesses to hire.

"If there is more spending, people will have more to do," Friedman said, noting that the share of the population with jobs could be restored to its 1999 level of more than 64%, up from its current 59.6% rate.

You are aware that our best economy is during war when government spending is out of control right? From a fundamental perspective, government spending reduces unemployment and increases corporate profits in the short term. Long-term effects of massive deficits or tax increases are another matter.

That being said, even if Bernie does get elected, none of the shit he's proposing will actually pass.
    We already tried what Bernie is advocating which is the point that flew over your head.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

We already tried what Bernie is advocating which is the point that flew over your head.
    And by the most conservative estimates, 600,000 jobs were gained by the stimulus package. Your head has to be firmly lodged into your ass to try to deny that that bill achieved what it set out to do.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

And by the most conservative estimates, 600,000 jobs were gained by the stimulus package. Your head has to be firmly lodged into your ass to try to deny that that bill achieved what it set out to do.
    Obama himself joked that the jobs weren't a shovel ready as he thought. Real funny

But if you would like to link to your stats in the face of a failing economy still under Obama we can take a look.

The economy still sucks and the money was used to prop up state government unions
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    2001400ex said:

Another pussy defeatist dem.

First Bernie couldn't beat Hilary, now it's a race. Then he couldn't win the general, except he polls better than the top 3 republicans. Now I'm supposed to listen when you say he'll never pass anything. No.

It is not Bernies fault you were burned by Obama. Stop projecting the community organizers failures on to him.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It's great to tout about how much median income is ... everything thinks that that is great until you remind them that costs will probably go up in a similar amount.

I really laugh anytime I decide to go to McDonald's to get breakfast and realize I just spent $10. Where in this world is a McDonald's breakfast worth anything close to $10?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    As a Democrat.....F-me sideways.

He doesn't really have a chance of winning does he?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm bernin I'm bernin I'm bernin for you
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Oh Race. I know what point you were making. You just failed to do it. Cause America hasn't done what Bernie is proposing.

But you know that. Or maybe you don't get it.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

First Bernie couldn't beat Hilary, now it's a race. Then he couldn't win the general, except he polls better than the top 3 republicans. Now I'm supposed to listen when you say he'll never pass anything. No.

It is not Bernies fault you were burned by Obama. Stop projecting the community organizers failures on to him.
    Lol Obama got medical insurance passed and the stimulus, but both were much different that what he campaigned on.

There isn't one candidate that will actually do what they say. You think any Republican will kill obamacare and defund all of planned parenthood?

It's called reality.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Oh Race. I know what point you were making. You just failed to do it. Cause America hasn't done what Bernie is proposing.

We had a trillion dollar stimulus that became a standard budget item. 9 trillion of debt, 19 total. Our growth rate should be 8% not teetering on another recession
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Lol Obama got medical insurance passed and the stimulus, but both were much different that what he campaigned on.

There isn't one candidate that will actually do what they say. You think any Republican will kill obamacare and defund all of planned parenthood?

It's called reality.
    Oh yeah, as a liberal I'm super pumped that we got Romneycare through. I mean thank god. Any time your hope and change candidate can pass a republican healthcare law you have to be thrilled.

Plenty of presidents have actually gotten things done. The loser in the White House now has turned you into a fucking doog. Youre all about the moral victories because you can't expect more.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

We had a trillion dollar stimulus that became a standard budget item. 9 trillion of debt, 19 total. Our growth rate should be 8% not teetering on another recession
    Did you even read my post? Holy fuck you are stupid.

And no that spending didn't become a regular budget line item. Another lie.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Obama himself joked that the jobs weren't a shovel ready as he thought. Real funny

But if you would like to link to your stats in the face of a failing economy still under Obama we can take a look.

The economy still sucks and the money was used to prop up state government unions
    By what metric does our economy "suck"? Unless your retirement portfolio consists of 90% oil and gas securities, I'm not sure how one would arrive at that conclusion.

A reasonable person might argue that our economy isn't as robust as it could be, and that our economy is merely average. Or they would make the argument that Obama and the dems' policies have done very little to help the economy, instead we're just seeing the result of the natural uptick of the business cycle. Or perhaps they'd instead credit the Fed's monetary policy and the quantitative easing from 2009-2014 as being far more instrumental in the economy's recovery than any of Obama's fiscal policies. Hell, you'd make a lot more sense if you tried to make the argument that had Congressional Republicans actually allowed a number of Obama's economic proposals to get passed (the American Jobs Act being the most significant example of Obama's economic defeats), our economy would be in much worse shape than it is.

But why try to make any of those arguments when you can just rest your case on "Obama sucks".

The bumper-sticker-politics generation can't die soon enough.

• Options
    Tequilla said:

It's great to tout about how much median income is ... everything thinks that that is great until you remind them that costs will probably go up in a similar amount.

I really laugh anytime I decide to go to McDonald's to get breakfast and realize I just spent $10. Where in this world is a McDonald's breakfast worth anything close to $10?

Inflation hasn't gone above 4% since 1991. What the fuck are you going on about?

And as a frequent hungover connoisseur of McDonald's breakfast, you must be nearing your fourth heart attack if you're spending anything close to $10 there.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

Makes it all the more incomprehensible that people buy that shit when a bougie af sandwich and coconut water from whole foods costs the same amount.