Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Byron Murphy

Lake mentioned several times tonight that when he woke at 5am this morning, he still had work to do on Murphy. He almost flipped?

It was brought up several times at the TBS banquet.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    TommySQC said:

Lake mentioned several times tonight that when he woke at 5am this morning, he still had work to do on Murphy. He almost flipped?

It was brought up several times at the TBS banquet.

You shit, why didn't you tell me you were going?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I went with @section8. Second straight year and I don't think I'll miss another. Well done
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Best recruit in the class. I love Long because of his attitude and tuffness, but Murphy is the best athlete in the class and I'm not sure it is even close.

I hate to say it, but I hope he plays offense.

Strange doings, but I agree. Dude could be a difference maker at WR next year.

Also, I was looking at the 'positions' for our recruits last year and they weren't really announced at the positions they ended up at.

From the videos, I think Murphy might be a WR and Gilchrist is a S.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Best recruit in the class. I love Long because of his attitude and tuffness, but Murphy is the best athlete in the class and I'm not sure it is even close.

Wow.....am I on the right board???
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

From the videos, I think Murphy might be a WR and Gilchrist is a S.

I got the same impression.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Pete seems to like small receivers for some reason, so it wouldn't be crazy to think that it'll happen. Ross and Murphy on the outside would be hard to stop on deep balls.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Not sure how you define "athlete" (size, quickness, speed, strength, agility, power, etc.), but I think Brandon Wellington is in the discussion. Murphy is probably the best ATH, but Wellington is up there.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2016
    No small receivers
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm really curious as to how good at basketball he is. Couldn't find any video but he told all the TBS reporters he wants to play both up here.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    NEsnake12 said:

I'm really curious as to how good at basketball he is. Couldn't find any video but he told all the TBS reporters he wants to play both up here.

Wasn't ET the number 2 or 3 ranked point guard, and he couldn't play both. ASJ was a freak, and he could barely do it. There is a lot of talent on that team, hopefully he can be an all pac 12 corner and replace King, and hopefully take 10-15 snaps a game on offense
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

Wasn't ET the number 2 or 3 ranked point guard? There is a lot of talent on that team, hopefully he can be an all pac 12 corner and replace King, and hopefully take 10-15 snaps a game on offense
    Keep him the fuck away from that injuryhobby.
  • Options

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

Wasn't ET the number 2 or 3 ranked point guard? There is a lot of talent on that team, hopefully he can be an all pac 12 corner and replace King, and hopefully take 10-15 snaps a game on offense
    Agree, especially with the new Romar talent
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Not sure how you define "athlete" (size, quickness, speed, strength, agility, power, etc.), but I think Brandon Wellington is in the discussion. Murphy is probably the best ATH, but Wellington is up there.
    This wasn't a perfect class, but Wellington is another guy who is easy to be excited about. There are quite a few guys like that. I just wish we signed another 1-2 OL, a DT, and an actually good, decent sized WR.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

This wasn't a perfect class, but Wellington is another guy who is easy to be excited about. There are quite a few guys like that. I just wish we signed another 1-2 OL, a DT, and an actually good, decent sized WR.
    This.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Passion said:

Striking out with elitese and a decent wr were the only things that hampered this class. it sucks that we took fuller, chin and Harris but I don't know where else you replace anyone. I am probably forgetting someone that sucks.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

NEsnake12 said:

Wasn't ET the number 2 or 3 ranked point guard, and he couldn't play both. ASJ was a freak, and he could barely do it. There is a lot of talent on that team, hopefully he can be an all pac 12 corner and replace King, and hopefully take 10-15 snaps a game on offense
    He wasnt' anywhere near that high as a point guard, I think he was at the lower end of the top 100. Still, you're poont is a good one, I can't see him playing both.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

I wouldn't want him playing it either, but apparently it matters to him a lot. Enough to make it a focal point of ASU's last second desperation pitch to flip him. Which is why I'm wondering how good he actually is for that to be so high priority for him.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

He wasnt' anywhere near that high as a point guard, I think he was at the lower end of the top 100. Still, you're poont is a good one, I can't see him playing both.
    "Charles Frederick

POPE JOHN PAUL II HIGH SCHOOL

Averaged 19 points, five rebounds, eight steals and 4.2 assists per game his senior season at Pope John Paul II High School in Boca Raton, Fla. ... A consensus national top-50 recruit in both football and basketball ... Ranked No. 8 nationally among point guards by Rivals.com ... Listed as the nation's No. 47 overall prep basketball player by The Sporting News ... A 1999 USA Today All-America honorable mention selection in basketball ... Named to the Palm Beach Post's 2000 Preseason Fab 5 in basketball ... One of 100 finalists nationally for the 2001 McDonald's All American Game"