Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Goes without saying, but...

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
...this Idaho State game is a damned disgrace:
One season ago, the Idaho State football team boarded a plane bound for Omaha, Neb. There, a bus waited to take the Bengals to Lincoln where they would face a nationally-prestigious Nebraska squad. The result was a 73-7 smothering at the hands of the Cornhuskers, plus two torn ACLs, one that ended the season for starting free safety Tanner Davis. Head coach Mike Kramer has said that his team never recovered physically or mentally from what happened in Lincoln. This Saturday, ISU faces Washington, a team that is currently ranked 17th in the nation. The Bengals hope to leave Seattle with their health and confidence intact. “I think the greatest growth in our program will be on the flight home Saturday night because we’ll have played against one of the nation’s elite programs,” Kramer said. “We’ll have played well at times, and we’ll have made mistakes at times.” Why, other than the financial impact, do FCS teams put schools such as Washington on their schedules? Kramer says it will teach his team to play fast, something that will help when it faces Big Sky opponents this season. “The game will slow down for us as we play the bulk of our schedule, outside of BYU down the road,” he said. “The Big Sky Conference just will not be as fast as the way the Huskies will play against us Saturday afternoon.”
Redshirt senior linebacker Trevor Spence was asked what Kramer meant when he said, “the greatest growth in our program will be on the flight home.” “After you lose a game, it’s not always a joyful experience,” Spence said. “We want to have fun on the way home, meaning that we came home with a victory; we learned from the experience; we got better as a team; not very many guys got injured. We want to come back healthy, ready for conference. We want to build from this experience.”
Story. We can thank Scott "WWOD?" Woodward for turning UW's once dignified schedule into a dreckfest.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    That wasn't even Idaho State's biggest loss last year:

Quarterback Kieran McDonagh accounted for six Portland State touchdowns as the Viking football team put on a 77-10 rout of the Idaho State Bengals in a Big Sky Conference game at JELD-WEN Field.

With 77 points, Portland State scored the most since Mouse Davis trod the sidelines in a 105-0 defeat of Delaware State on Nov. 8, 1980 - at then-Civic Stadium. The Vikings also rushed for 437 yards against the Bengals, breaking the school record of 436 set against this same Idaho State team one year ago in Pocatello. PSU's 758 yards of total offense was second most in school history.

http://www.goviks.com/news/2012/10/6/FB_1006122449.aspx

This game is a F--------.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    So well look stupid unless we drop a Hindu on them or blindfold our players ..

.. Or we can let sark call the plays...?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,695 Founders Club

That wasn't even Idaho State's biggest loss last year:

Quarterback Kieran McDonagh accounted for six Portland State touchdowns as the Viking football team put on a 77-10 rout of the Idaho State Bengals in a Big Sky Conference game at JELD-WEN Field.

With 77 points, Portland State scored the most since Mouse Davis ROAMED the sidelines in a 105-0 defeat of Delaware State on Nov. 8, 1980 - at then-Civic Stadium. The Vikings also rushed for 437 yards against the Bengals, breaking the school record of 436 set against this same Idaho State team one year ago in Pocatello. PSU's 758 yards of total offense was second most in school history.

http://www.goviks.com/news/2012/10/6/FB_1006122449.aspx

This game is a F--------.

• I hate games like these and only reason we are playing these games is because Sark is average. Pool Boy had to find a way make his crappy hire look better.

UW was supposed to have played a home and home with BYU in 2011 and 2012. Good chance UW splits that series meaning one of those 7-6 seasons would have been a 6-7 season and Sark would have more pressure on him.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    At least I learned the Huskies are "one of the nation's elite programs". Been awhile since I heard that. Thanks, Idaho State coach whatever your name is. Oh yeah, Kramer...
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Go Bengals! I was there when Eastern beat up on Sarkesian. They fucked it up with a dropped punt -- otherwise dominated the huskie squad on both sides of the ball. Of course, Idaho St is no Eastern.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    If Washington doesn't send one of their boys to the hospital, and hang 70+ on these turds, while holding them to less than 7 ... it will be considered a loss.

Sankey should be given the opportunity to break Dillion's first quarter record.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    Consider:

If Oregon doesn't sleep walk through the first quarter, and Josh Huff stops being a penalty machine, the ducks could have dropped 77 on Tennessee. Fact, even with that shit, I think they could have.

I couldn't watch it Sat but recorded it - they have not skipped a beat. fuck.

Tennessee isn't 1998 Tennessee, but they have players, and their O line is one of the best in the SEC (most all conference selections). And they looked junior college out there.

It's time to ball up. Does Sark break the streak?

Also, we all know that Chip is a twink and felt firmness when around Sark - we also all know that the last time he played in Husky Stadium, he took his foot off the gas.

If this new fucker, who I think is not a twink, gets up on Washington, does he floor it?

Fuck I'm not looking forward to that game, and I'm going.
  • Tennessee hasn't been shit for a while now. Tired of Quooks acting like they killed a good team.

Having said that, this looks like Oregon's best team they've ever had.
  • Go Bengals! I was there when Eastern beat up on Sarkesian. They fucked it up with a dropped punt -- otherwise dominated the huskie squad on both sides of the ball. Of course, Idaho St is no Eastern.

They had 505 yards offense to UW's 250. Difference was EWU had 4 TO's to UW's zero.

I remember Doogs going "can't we just enjoy being 1-0 for the first time since 2007"
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

Tennessee hasn't been shit for a while now. Tired of Quooks acting like they killed a good team.

Having said that, this looks like Oregon's best team they've ever had.

They may not have been shit, but that was no cup cake they walked through out there.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and look up Tennessee's historical scores and count on your chimp hand the number of times anyone's been close to hanging 60 on them.

Quook. Really. Where'd you pick that up?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Oregon will hang at least 50 on UW. It's gonna be ugly.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,584 Swaye's Wigwam

Thanks nostradamus
  • DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 705

The first 30 points will be consensual.

Dawgtona said:

The first 30 points will be consensual.

Disagree. Sark loves bending over for all the points.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,695 Founders Club
    If it goes without saying why is this thread so long

If it goes without saying why is this thread so long

Hot Portland State Vikings talk drives the bored during the NBA offseason.
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    topdawgnc said:

If Washington doesn't send one of their boys to the hospital, and hang 70+ on these turds, while holding them to less than 7 ... it will be considered a loss.

Sankey should be given the opportunity to break Dillion's first quarter record.

2nd is spelled "second" not "first"

Or perhaps you are speaking of some obscure record of which no one has ever heard.

• RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846

Go Bengals! I was there when Eastern beat up on Sarkesian. They fucked it up with a dropped punt -- otherwise dominated the huskie squad on both sides of the ball. Of course, Idaho St is no Eastern.

They had 505 yards offense to UW's 250. Difference was EWU had 4 TO's to UW's zero.

I remember Doogs going "can't we just enjoy being 1-0 for the first time since 2007"
    And 85 scholarships allows you to have a scholarship kicker, while 63 does not.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

And 85 scholarships allows you to have a scholarship kicker, while 63 does not.
    They don't allow kickers to be on scholarship? Since when?