Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

When was the last time...

CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,145 Founders Club
a Sark-coached UW team came back from an 18-point deficit?

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Not 18 points. But how about the come back wins over Arizona and Cal? And he has won several games on the last drive.

Sark has had his moments. It just hasn't been consistent.

So the correct answer it the question posed is "never"
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    UW's biggest comeback under Sark is from 13 points behind against Arizona in 2009:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=292830264
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club

2009? Fuck

Progress was made that year.

• fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Coming from behind is a gift.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Coming from behind is a gift.

Danielle Lawrie! True?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,145 Founders Club

Not 18 points. But how about the come back wins over Arizona and Cal? And he has won several games on the last drive.

So Arizona in 2009 at home and I'm guessing you're talking about Cal in 2010 on the road.

The Arizona comeback is impressive but the Cal game was pretty much a back and forth game.

Would Sark ever be able to lead a victory like UCLA's last Saturday, on the road, down 18 and getting their asses kicked around. With Sark, I feel like if that had been UW, Nebraska wins rather easily, say 55-10
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499

UW's biggest comeback under Sark is from 13 points behind against Arizona in 2009:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=292830264

It's hard to give Sark a ton of credit. UW won that game because of a freak play.
  • Not 18 points. But how about the come back wins over Arizona and Cal? And he has won several games on the last drive.

So Arizona in 2009 at home and I'm guessing you're talking about Cal in 2010 on the road.

The Arizona comeback is impressive but the Cal game was pretty much a back and forth game.

Would Sark ever be able to lead a victory like UCLA's last Saturday, on the road, down 18 and getting their asses kicked around. With Sark, I feel like if that had been UW, Nebraska wins rather easily, say 55-10
    The only team of Sark's that seem mentally tough enough to have a comeback was his first team full of Ty players.

The more he got his "own guys" the softer the group has become. I don't think this year is any different either. I mean they damn near blew a 21 point lead in a game where they had 300 more yards to a team who went 2-10 last year.

Sark has no problem blowing big leads, but making huge comebacks? Nope.

BTW when was the last time UW came back from an 18 point deficit? Cal in 1993 would be my guess when we were down 23-3.

The only team of Sark's that seem mentally tough enough to have a comeback was his first team full of Ty players.

The more he got his "own guys" the softer the group has become. I don't think this year is any different either. I mean they damn near blew a 21 point lead in a game where they had 300 more yards to a team who went 2-10 last year.

BTW when was the last time UW came back from an 18 point deficit? Cal in 1993 would be my guess when we were down 23-3.
    The greatest comebacks in UW history were under soft Slick Skippy Neuwiesel
  • Not 18 points. But how about the come back wins over Arizona and Cal? And he has won several games on the last drive.

The greatest comebacks in UW history were under soft Slick Skippy Neuwiesel
    I still think the Cal comeback in 1993 was a larger deficit.

Although given the circumstance trailing 25-10 against AZ at home in 2000 coming back was amazing. That year you almost expected it as that team didn't start playing until the 4th quarter.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    edited September 2013
    WHO.IN.THE.FUCK.CARES. I guess Chip came back from 21-3 against Stanford in the 12-0 (LOL) year, but in most cases good coaches and teams generally don't fall behind by 18 points in the fucking first place.
  • WHO.IN.THE.FUCK.CARES. I guess Chip came back from 21-3 against Stanford in the 12-0 (LOL) year, but in most cases good coaches and teams generally don't fall behind by 18 points in the fucking first place.

On the other side I saw Nick Saban blow a 24-0 lead at home just a few years back at Bama. I try not to put a lot of stock in these things.