Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH article: Pleasant Surprises Emerge while Awaiting Tougher Competition

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited September 2013
    I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by Sankey. It was obvious what he could do last year when used correctly. The offense will put up 30ish points per game against pretty much anyone...the issue...once again...wait for it..... is the defense. Against decent pac-12 offenses this D will give up 30ish a game. Oregon will be in the 40's or 50's. The interior DL just isn't able to control the line of scrimmage and that puts too much pressure on the DBs against fast teams like Oregon and UCLA. Stanford will have their way with them.

The question is: will the offense be able keep up in high scoring games? And then there are always the games where everyone stays on the bus and a team like Arizona (2012) or Ore St (2011) that should be sure wins end up being embarrassing losses.

I still see this as a 7 win team. I don't think we need to play the "we won't know until they play team X to find out how good they are" game. We know. Above average to very good offense. average defense, average coaches...combined will yield a special average 2013 season.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam
    Very pleasant, indeed
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,877 Founders Club

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by Sankey. It was obvious what he could do last year when used correctly. The offense will put up 30ish points per game against pretty much anyone...the issue...once again...wait for it..... is the defense. Against decent pac-12 offenses this D will give up 30ish a game. Oregon will be in the 40's or 50's. The interior DL just isn't able to control the line of scrimmage and that puts too much pressure on the DBs against fast teams like Oregon and UCLA. Stanford will have their way with them.

The question is: will the offense be able keep up in high scoring games? And then there are always the games where everyone stays on the bus and a team like Arizona (2012) or Ore St (2011) that should be sure wins end up being embarrassing losses.

I still see this as a 7 win team. I don't think we need to play the "we won't know until they play team X to find out how good they are" game. We know. Above average to very good offense. average defense, average coaches...combined will yield a special average 2013 season.

I was quite surprised when Kyle said Sankey too. To me, Sankey was one of the sure things heading into this season.