Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why Mediocrity Is the Worst

Winning big? Everyone is happy.

Losing like crazy? Everyone is mad.

Mediocre? Doogs find something to point to as evidence for next year being different (youth! SRS! bumper crop in recruiting!), and Half Brains are chided for being too unreasonable and impatient for expecting more.

I just want to remind everyone that the doogs have been wrong and the half brains have been right for almost two fucking decades.

Fuck off.

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Thanks more cock

Happy to help.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Winning big? Everyone is happy.

Losing like crazy? Everyone is mad.

Mediocre? Doogs find something to point to as evidence for next year being different (youth! SRS! bumper crop in recruiting!), and Half Brains are chided for being too unreasonable and impatient for expecting more.

I just want to remind everyone that the doogs have been wrong and the half brains have been right for almost two fucking decades.

Fuck off.

The truth is always abundance.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Your frustration is noted ...

But the past, particularly the distant past of say 10 years ago, isn't in any way of an indication of what we will see going forward.
  • Options
    And 2 of those 15 years are tied to Petersen.

1st year was primarily a change in culture and 2nd a change in roster.

I get the frustration of the last 15 years but at maximum only 2-3 of those 15 years have any bearing on the 2016 season.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I get the frustration of the last 15 years but at maximum only 2-3 of those 15 years have any bearing on the 2016 season.

If the Huskies go 7-6 next year, you will start the year by saying "10 wins or its time for a change", and at season's end you'll be equivocating like crazy. That's the script. It's what you like to do.
    Are you suggesting an #AuburnDoogPOTD ?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

If the Huskies go 7-6 next year, you will start the year by saying "10 wins or its time for a change", and at season's end you'll be equivocating like crazy. That's the script. It's what you like to do.
    That's a complete BS statement and you know it.

You always need to look back at a year in retrospect and understand what happened and how what happened differed from the underlying assumptions you had in your forecast. Sometimes what happens is very explainable. Sometimes it is just a flat out miss in the underlying assumptions.

Last year I was about as spot on on my season predictions as you could get calling 7-6. The only area that I missed was being optimistic with a 5-4 conference record and a bowl loss while stating that I thought that 4-5 and a minor bowl win was probably more realistic. I also stated that the high end of what I thought was possible was in the 8-9 range.

Unlike a lot of people around here, I don't back down from my predictions. Pointing out what was different about what happened and my underlying assumptions isn't dooging it up or whatever other BS others say. Failure to adhere to my assumptions isn't necessarily grounds for an automatic firing like others would have. I very well understand that I am aggressive in my goal setting and by making stretch goals make it far more difficult to achieve them than not.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You always need to look back at a year in retrospect and understand what happened and how what happened differed from the underlying assumptions you had in your forecast. Sometimes what happens is very explainable. Sometimes it is just a flat out miss in the underlying assumptions.

Last year I was about as spot on on my season predictions as you could get calling 7-6. The only area that I missed was being optimistic with a 5-4 conference record and a bowl loss while stating that I thought that 4-5 and a minor bowl win was probably more realistic. I also stated that the high end of what I thought was possible was in the 8-9 range.

Unlike a lot of people around here, I don't back down from my predictions. Pointing out what was different about what happened and my underlying assumptions isn't dooging it up or whatever other BS others say. Failure to adhere to my assumptions isn't necessarily grounds for an automatic firing like others would have. I very well understand that I am aggressive in my goal setting and by making stretch goals make it far more difficult to achieve them than not.
    You're a bit delusional. With one or two exceptions, I have never seen a poster equivocate as much as you do.
    Find the delusion in what I stated for my season prediction for 2015: http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/21619/time-to-embarrass-yourself-again-predict-uws-2015-team-record/p1

2-1 OOC

Win: Oregon St, and Wazzu
    Win: 2 of 3 of Cal, Arizona, and Utah at home
    Win: 1 road conference game not named Oregon St

I'm being optimistic that we finish 5-4 in conference and lose a bowl game. Would not be surprised if it was 4-5 in conference with bowl win.

Either way it will be interesting

As for equivocating, tells me that you either a) read into my comments what you want to, b) aren't paying attention to what I'm saying, and/or c) aren't realizing that very few things in this world are absolutes where it is either black or white.

Moreover, you should probably realize that being measured and understanding circumstances doesn't make you equivocating.

Take TCU's season this year for instance at 11-2 with an Alamo Bowl victory. You put that out there before the season for a preseason #2 team as what they'd end up with and many here would fire Gary Patterson on the 50 yard line. If you paid attention to what went on during the season and read most accounts, many are saying that this is his best coaching job. What's the truth?

But then again, I must be equivocating again.
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

So you predicted 7-6, 8-5 and 9-4? AND you were spot on? Congrats. Orange slices for the special Olympian.

Guessing from this comment that you don't forecast for a living
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

So you predicted 7-6, 8-5 and 9-4? AND you were spot on? Congrats. Orange slices for the special Olympian.

Guessing from this comment that you don't forecast for a living
    Huh?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

What does equivocate mean?

It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.