Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    Wisconsin should have won that game. Pac-12 refs still suck.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    Dufresne's column says under a new rule you can't spike the ball with under :03 left. So there was no way Wisco was going to get another play off. Just a bad call, badly executed. Badgers did it to themselves.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    TTJ said:

Dufresne's column says under a new rule you can't spike the ball with under :03 left. So there was no way Wisco was going to get another play off. Just a bad call, badly executed. Badgers did it to themselves.

Except for the part where ASU laid on the ball for 10 seconds and the officiating crew let them get away with it.

It shouldn't take 15 seconds to spot a ball after a kneel down.

This one is all on the officiating crew, and I'm normally the LAST guy around here to blast officials.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    You can't spike the ball with under 3 seconds? Is that new?
    section8 said:

You can't spike the ball with under 3 seconds? Is that new?

Yes. It's moronic.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,163 Founders Club
    Are you knew here?

TTJ said:

Except for the part where ASU laid on the ball for 10 seconds and the officiating crew let them get away with it.

This one is all on the officiating crew, and I'm normally the LAST guy around here to blast officials.
    You don't fuck around with kneel plays with no TOs and only :18 left. Least of all for the marginal benefit of moving the ball from the hash to the middle of the field. Just kick the fucking ball.

And you sure as hell don't run a kneel play anything like what Stave did. Get down, stay down, then hand the ball to the ref. If you're not willing to lose five yards in the process, then once again YOU SHOULDN'T BE FUCKING AROUND WITH A KNEEL PLAY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Diving on that ball was a heady play by the ASU defense, who never saw Stave's knee hit the ground. I understand there are photos on the twitters showing his knee was down, but I sure couldn't tell from ESPN's camera angle. There was absolutely no basis for a delay-of-game flag in that situation.

Wisconsin's probably my second-favorite CFB team. But this was a problem entirely of the Badgers' creation, starting with a fucktarded playcall by Gary Andersen.
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

You don't fuck around with kneel plays with no TOs and only :18 left. Least of all for the marginal benefit of moving the ball from the hash to the middle of the field. Just kick the fucking ball.

And you sure as hell don't run a kneel play anything like what Stave did. Get down, stay down, then hand the ball to the ref. If you're not willing to lose five yards in the process, then once again YOU SHOULDN'T BE FUCKING AROUND WITH A KNEEL PLAY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Diving on that ball was a heady play by the ASU defense, who never saw Stave's knee hit the ground. I understand there are photos on the twitters showing his knee was down, but I sure couldn't tell from ESPN's camera angle. There was absolutely no basis for a delay-of-game flag in that situation.

Wisconsin's probably my second-favorite CFB team. But this was a problem entirely of the Badgers' creation, starting with a fucktarded playcall by Gary Andersen.
    I didn't say that there should have been a flag for ASU for delaying the game.

The officials should have stopped the clock for a delay spotting the ball.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,625 Standard Supporter

They blew the play dead, so if they are going to cut ASU slack and not CORRECTLY call delay of game for falling on the ball with a running clock 3 seconds after the whistles blew, then they should have cut Wisconsin some fucking slack and stopped the clock to spot the ball. There were a fuckton of blown calls in this game.

Andersen and Stave and the officials blew it, big time. But the officials should never impact a game like that. And I want a pony for my birthday.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,625 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2013
    TTJ said:

What the fuck does it matter if his knee hit the ground, he attempted a kneel and that's all that matters. What the fuck does it matter if ASU saw it or not? Do you know what the whistle means? Are you deaf? Do ASU players know what the whistle means? 3 fucking seconds after they started blowing the whistle an ASU player landed on the ball. If you're going to make judgments on what happened, get a gdamn clue about what the actual rules are. Like many calls it is subjective based on the context of the situation. If it's midway through the 2nd quarter and some guy goes running down the field with the ball on a fumble return after the officials called it an incomplete pass, it doesn't fucking matter. When there are 15 seconds left in the game, and a defender falls on the ball, preventing the officials from spotting it, it's fucking delay of game.
    Water is wet, and players scramble for fumbles long after the whistle blows. sven makes a reasonable but debatable point that the refs could have simply stopped the clock to reset the ball (which would have provoked ASU cries of "...officials should never impact a game like that..."). But no fucking way is that a delay penalty.
    TTJ said:

Water is wet, and players scramble for fumbles long after the whistle blows. sven makes a reasonable but debatable point that the refs could have simply stopped the clock to reset the ball (which would have provoked ASU cries of "...officials should never impact a game like that..."). But no fucking way is that a delay penalty.

They had no logical choice but to stop the clock. A member of the defense was lying on the ball.