Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gaskin ESPN 1ST Team Frosh AA

2»

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

6-6

NOC

Fuck you for not praising Gaskin at every available opportunity
    Gaskin is mediocre. Just like the rest of the team. HTH.
    were you watching the games?
    You don't get it. At all.
    yeah....

Explain it to me. This ought to be good.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

6-6

NOC

What part of 6-6 did you not understand?
    Careful, @whatshouldicareabout was pick'em gawd this season, he? might have a thing or two to say.
    Then he should know that we? went 6-6.

Individual awards are for doogs grasping for meaningless validation in a team sport.

Again, our? team went 6-6.
    Dude, chill. I'll worry if Gaskin gets lazy and comes back next year with an extra ten pounds of fat. This is classic ESPN commenter whining about hustle and teamwork.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

I like how @Dennis_DeYoung upvotes both sides of the argument.

It's like he wants J and I to fight to the death.

J and me*
    me is not a letter of the alphabet. J and I are.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,999 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

6-6

NOC

yeah....

6-6
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

6-6

NOC

What part of 6-6 did you not understand?
    Careful, @whatshouldicareabout was pick'em gawd this season, he? might have a thing or two to say.
    Then he should know that we? went 6-6.

Individual awards are for doogs grasping for meaningless validation in a team sport.

Again, our? team went 6-6.
    Dude, chill. I'll worry if Gaskin gets lazy and comes back next year with an extra ten pounds of fat. This is classic ESPN commenter whining about hustle and teamwork.
    Huh?

I never said Gaskin was bad. Or lazy.

I said we? went 6-6. I've reminded people of this in every stupid individual award thread started by the plebs on this bored.

Win some games and maybe I'll fucking care about who got 2nd team all-conference or whatever.

CHRIST.
    Approaching Sven-level annoyance mang. I get it, no really I get that individual awards should only be celebrated by winners. But really, wgaf, I'm not going to die on that hill if someone wants to talk about it. It was one thread, unlike the 23 threads about the DL.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Approaching Sven-level annoyance mang. I get it, no really I get that individual awards should only be celebrated by winners. But really, wgaf, I'm not going to die on that hill if someone wants to talk about it. It was one thread, unlike the 23 threads about the DL.

It wasn't one thread.

And thank you.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

6-6

NOC

yeah....

6-6
    6-6 doesn't make any individual mediocre. It says the team is.

I get it. It's not cool to celebrate individual awards when the team kind of sucks. I look at it as a positive sign.
    FFS he wasn't better than Derrick Henry. Shut the fuck up.

Yeah it's obvious to anyone watching that he is good. Duh. The point is we went 6-6 and I don't fucking care who was good on a mediocre team when it's a team game.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    Henry is a volume back. It's that simple. He won't do shit in the NFL. Runs too upright. He put the the #'s at Bama because they ran the fuck out out him but anyone can see that he isn't a special talent. Winning the Heisman means nothing to me.

PFF grades every play for every college football player and they say Gaskin better than Derrick Henry. They aren't arbitrarily ranking players and pulling shit out of their ass. It is fact based. McCaffrey was #1, Elliot #2. Freeman #4. etc etc

I hate that we went 6-6. Mediocre as fuck. It frustrates the hell out of me. We blew some games. But I feel Washington football is all about defense and running the ball, two areas for which we did exceptionally well at. If Browning can cut down on the turnover's this is easily a 10 win team.
    So you think Gaskin could have run for 2000 yards at Bama?
    PurpleJ said:

Yeah it's obvious to anyone watching that he is good. Duh. The point is we went 6-6 and I don't fucking care who was good on a mediocre team when it's a team game.

What? He was a freshman that wasn't used to the full extent of his abilities by a fucktarded coaching staff. This is starting to get embarrassing for you.

PurpleJ said:

What? He was a freshman that wasn't used to the full extent of his abilities by a fucktarded coaching staff. This is starting to get embarrassing for you.
    So he's better than the Heisman winner? Got it. Fuckin doog round here.
    pat_hm said:

Henry is a volume back. It's that simple. He won't do shit in the NFL. Runs too upright. He put the the #'s at Bama because they ran the fuck out out him but anyone can see that he isn't a special talent. Winning the Heisman means nothing to me.

PFF grades every play for every college football player and they say Gaskin better than Derrick Henry. They aren't arbitrarily ranking players and pulling shit out of their ass. It is fact based. McCaffrey was #1, Elliot #2. Freeman #4. etc etc

I hate that we went 6-6. Mediocre as fuck. It frustrates the hell out of me. We blew some games. But I feel Washington football is all about defense and running the ball, two areas for which we did exceptionally well at. If Browning can cut down on the turnover's this is easily a 10 win team.

Glad we're talking about his NFL stock as if it has any bearing on what he did THIS year. He ran for 2000 yards, a shit ton of TDs, and won the Heisman. But I guess that all means nothing because he had a good OL and head coach. Fuck me.
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Where did I say that? Since when were you such a pressing fag.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Since...ever.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

You were responding to my response to the guy who said he was better than Henry. So by jumping in, I inadvertently assumed you were agreeing with him. Please accept my deepest condolences with this pimp my ride meme.