Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CB David Long (Stanford Commit)

Biggins says Long will officially visit UW this weekend or next weekend and will set up an in-home with the coaches soon afterwards.

UW was his clear 2nd choice when he committed to Stanford. If they can flip him, a DB class of him, Gilchrist, Love, and Rapp would be tits.

Biggins also said, UW has as good of a chance as anyone of landing WR Javon McKinley. Earlier in the day, Eklund said UW was all but out of it for McKinley.

Comments

• Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Eklund has been throwing darts blind for 2 years about Pete's recruiting. I really like McKinley. Watched his game vs Mater Dei this week. Eklund quit doing position breakdowns on who Dawgs were recruiting when he did a full list of wr's we were after........ 2 hours later Aaron Fuller commits Who was of course not on the list. Although Scout reporter from Midlands area should have had a clue.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    McKinley would be HUGE.... But I just don't see it happening, he is big time and we haven't really landed a big time WR with this staff yet.

Long I would love too, but I think Michigan might actually be the team to beat now.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Weren't we recruiting Long as a WR?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Weren't we recruiting Long as a WR?

I think that was Byron Murphy. Long wants to play DB and special teams
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Long is not visiting this weekend and is instead visiting in January. He's checking out UCLA instead this weekend. Hopefully UW can get him up that weekend when Eifler and all those other guys are visiting.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Long is not visiting this weekend and is instead visiting in January. He's checking out UCLA instead this weekend. Hopefully UW can get him up that weekend when Eifler and all those other guys are visiting.

Thanks Boat
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Ektard is your source? I think he'll visit and commit this weekend.

Cook it!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    Standard Supporter
    I'd love to get a DT in this class (Boss T?).

I'd love to get a top WR...should be attractive for one after Browning took his lumps as a true frosh (and so did Trey Adams and McGary as a RS-Frosh).

I'd love to throw tons of coffee cups at Eletise too but maybe he drinks tea.

Would love to DOOG OUT and get Eason too. Would he be willing to RS though? Probably not and Georgia still makes the most sense for him in terms of PT fast. Florida could also be attractive but Harris will be a JR and Grier will be a RS-Soph. Not much better than Browning as a true soph and there's always a chance Browning leaves after starting for 3 years so Eason would be a RS-Soph who could leave after starting two years (if the production matches the hype).
  • Options
    UCLA just dropped a DB commit, I am worried about Long and UCLA. I think that is our main competition for him.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

UCLA just dropped a DB commit, I am worried about Long and UCLA. I think that is our main competition for him.

You are just worried that Coach Meat is going to get his claws into him
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

He gets a good education at either school. If he wants to play in the NFL, UW is the better place.
    Ya but coach meat speaks Ebonics and is hip. This isn't the wac. If he canceled his visit and doesn't come before the army game he gone.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    " Oh Stewardess, I speak jive"
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    Standard Supporter
    I hope Kentrell Love stays on board. Those 3 guys would make for a pants tightening CB class.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    HFNY said:

I hope Kentrell Love stays on board. Those 3 guys would make for a pants tightening CB class.

Jimmy Lake can easily show footage of Jones, King, Gardenhire and Baker all excelling on the field at the same time.

When did michigan come into the picture?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

HFNY said:

Jimmy Lake can easily show footage of Jones, King, Gardenhire and Baker all excelling on the field at the same time.

When did michigan come into the picture?
    They've always been there. Harbaugh at Michigan is going to be pretty annoying for UW. He has a lot of roots in the bay and the competition in the area is going to increase. Already a lot of top 4 lists with UW and Michigan fighting it out. Petersen needs to take the next step on the field to legitimize what he's selling.
  • Options
    Michigan was my concern, as you can see above.

Good news is he has already visited Michigan and he has not visited here. We are in a terrific spot.