Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    3 game Apple Cup losing streak Mike Leach?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Cuogs gonna cuog.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    LOL, read some of the comments.

At least Leach said they got their ass handed to them and didn't try to play the Faulk card.
  • Options
    PurpleTicklerPurpleTickler Member Posts: 215
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    He made me nervous when he was first hired. I thought he was a home-run hire for WSU at the time.

College football has adapted to his system.
  • Options
    mobey said:

At least Leach said they got their ass handed to them and didn't try to play the Faulk card.

Correction, didn't hear the whole interview. He's such a Dbag.
  • Options

The loss wwas brutal today. Enough said.

What actually continues to bother me over the 34 years of attending Cougar games is our own fan behavior. Yes, I've seen abhorrent behavior from Husky fans, too, but today, I was completely embarrassed for our fan base when many of the drunken 19-30 year olds in the Cougar section start chanting the "F*** the Huskies" chant.

Really? Is this the best we can do?

I note that this chant is even less effective when we are getting our tails handed to us, but I observed downright vitriol and hatred from many of our own fans. Don't get me wrong; I'm not a prude. I also don't have any love for most Husky fans, but...hate? Really?

Today, I watched some of the more demonstrative Cougar "fans" intently, aggressively screaming and sweating while flipping the bird to...the Husky fans, I guess. Red in the face, angry and intoxicated to varying levels really plays right to the hand of the dawgs fans. Again, I know there are idiots on all sides. I just hoped that we would be a little more high brow than what several hundred of our fans represented today.

High Brow and Cuogs.

LOL
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

What actually continues to bother me over the 34 years of attending Cougar games is our own fan behavior. Yes, I've seen abhorrent behavior from Husky fans, too, but today, I was completely embarrassed for our fan base when many of the drunken 19-30 year olds in the Cougar section start chanting the "F*** the Huskies" chant.

I note that this chant is even less effective when we are getting our tails handed to us, but I observed downright vitriol and hatred from many of our own fans. Don't get me wrong; I'm not a prude. I also don't have any love for most Husky fans, but...hate? Really?

Today, I watched some of the more demonstrative Cougar "fans" intently, aggressively screaming and sweating while flipping the bird to...the Husky fans, I guess. Red in the face, angry and intoxicated to varying levels really plays right to the hand of the dawgs fans. Again, I know there are idiots on all sides. I just hoped that we would be a little more high brow than what several hundred of our fans represented today.

I bet it was just a bunch of Huskies trying to make Cuogs look bad.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    mobey said:

mobey said:

Correction, didn't hear the whole interview. He's such a Dbag.
    Actually, in context, I didn't think the comment was so bad. But, it did reinforce that both WSU coaches, and players, (LIKE FUCKING IDIOTS) actually believed they were the better team.

WSU will ALWAYS be the CUOGS and will ALWAYS plus a fucking day, be our little brothers (or sisters).

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2015

First of all, every team has moron fans. The question is how many. Is it pervasive.

Secondly, don't feel too bad. An oregon fan would never make a post like yours.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

He made me nervous when he was first hired. I thought he was a home-run hire for WSU at the time.

College football has adapted to his system.

He's a good hire for them. He'll get to a bowel game every two or three years, and that's good enough for their fanbase. His offense is kind of fun to watch when it works so the entertainment factor works to his advantage.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    When I see and hear about Coug fans acting like this so consistently, it just further cements to me little brother behavior.

It's fucking football ... no reason for the disgusting behavior to others for supporting where they went to school or whatever. It's stupid.

It's why I always say that I only hate the Cougs one week or day a year on Apple Cup because of their behavior. All other days, I don't care.