Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen is better than sark and Willingham

Things faggot doogs say

Comments

• Options
    TyronesGhostTyronesGhost Member Posts: 20
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yeah damn right. I didn't drink...I made YOU drink baby!

I'm a giver.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was ready to be pissed off at this thread
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Petersen is better than Sark and Willingham He will leave his replacement the best talent of the lot.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,125
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    skookum said:

tallest midget:

smartest one in the dumb row:

Behold the fabled chart?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    as good as Sark. Unless you count close losses as moral victories. I'm sure there is some metric that shows how Petersen is better, but Sark had a better conference record (9-9 vs Pete's current 6-10) and had more quality wins.

In Sark's first two years, he played LSU, Notre Dame, and Nebraska. Petersen's toughest non conference game is Boise State.

Sark's first two years > Petersen's.

Last time I checked Pete has 1 player starting on the offensive line and WR left over from Sark's recruiting classes. What a coach Sark was.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The worst part is that Petersen hasn't been as good as Sark. Unless you count close losses as moral victories. I'm sure there is some metric that shows how Petersen is better, but Sark had a better conference record (9-9 vs Pete's current 6-10) and had more quality wins.

In Sark's first two years, he played LSU, Notre Dame, and Nebraska. Petersen's toughest non conference game is Boise State.

To be fair, Sark won with Ty's "shitty players" and none of Sark's "monster recruiting classes" are left. Well except Mickens and a few other "studs".
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

The worst part is that Petersen hasn't been as good as Sark. Unless you count close losses as moral victories. I'm sure there is some metric that shows how Petersen is better, but Sark had a better conference record (9-9 vs Pete's current 6-10) and had more quality wins.

To be fair, Sark won with Ty's "shitty players" and none of Sark's "monster recruiting classes" are left. Well except Mickens and a few other "studs".
    Ex, stick to the tug. We dont need another forum overrun with ignorance and wing jobs. You graduate your econ 101 course from GVCC yet? Good thing there isnt a class or text book on college football to plagiarize from on this forum.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    Sark left a 6'2 220 WR in the cupboard, but Petersen ran him.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2015
    Don't really like the Sark comparisons. I actually think Sark inherited more - Locker, Kearse, Polk, a good Kavario Middleton, Ta'Amu, Donald Bultler, Mason Foster, Daniel Te'O Neaheim, Devin Aguilar, Victor Aiyewa, mature Juan Garcia (and an OL and DB whose names I can't remember).

What drives me nuts is the complex scheme that results in a freshman QB turning the ball over, the failure to teach a 2-minute offense that a freshman can run, and over-emphasis on the passing game with a young QB and pedestrian WRs.

As a result, when the team fails a "loser mentality" gets engrained. "Here we go again."

Sark inherited a more seasoned team, but Petersen's approach to what he inherited is not good.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Don't really like the Sark comparisons. I actually think Sark inherited more - Locker, Kearse, Polk, a good Kavario Middleton, Ta'Amu, Donald Bultler, Mason Foster, Daniel Te'O Neaheim, Devin Aguilar, Victor Aiyewa, mature Juan Garcia (and an OL and DB whose names I can't remember).

What drives me nuts is the complex scheme that results in a freshman QB turning the ball over, the failure to teach a 2-minute offense that a freshman can run, and over-emphasis on the passing game with a young QB and pedestrian WRs.

As a result, when the team fails a "loser mentality" gets engrained. "Here we go again."

Sark inherited a more seasoned team, but Petersen's approach to what he inherited is not good.

Sark inherited some good players, but Greg Christine started on the OL. Talia Crichton and Nate Fellner started as true freshmen. Quinton Richardson was one of the worst CB's I've ever seen. He didn't inherit Juan Garcia and he shouldn't be included because he was horrible anyways.

A lot of those guys listed were young guys (Kearse, Ta'Amu, Kelemete, Polk, Aguilar) that weren't proven. If you use those guys than you have to include Victor, Bierria, Qualls, Mathis, and King for guys Pete inherited.

Petersen also inherited some good players. There were also weak spots. If Petersen was actually good (I'm doubtful), I don't think we would have went backwards. I know there are some examples of that happening with good coaches, but from what I watch it's not good.

We see glimpses here and there, but it's hard not to think the coaching is shitty and like you said, "a loser mentality" looks to be engrained.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Thanks for the Quinton Richardson double-move flashbacks. He was worse than JAG out there.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Things faggot doogs say

Good point. After all, they all have the same record.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    mobey said:

Things faggot doogs say

Good point. After all, they all have the same record.
    They're all losers