Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2015
    If you can't see that running off QBs already here so that we can have a true freshman weighing a buck eighty on a good day throw 52 times and run for his life another 10 all a couple weeks out of having a shoulder injury isn't the best for the program than I can't help you.

FM....

BTW...nice stats. I'm going to laugh if/when Troy tears it up for Utah next year. Just hope Whittingham doesn't hurt him with too many QB runs.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

If you can't see that running off QBs already here so that we can have a true freshman weighing a buck eighty on a good day throw 52 times and run for his life another 10 all a couple weeks out of having a shoulder injury isn't the best for the program than I can't help you.

FM....

BTW...nice stats. I'm going to laugh if/when Troy tears it up for Utah next year. Just hope Whittingham doesn't hurt him with too many QB runs.

Troy is going to plunger Washington. And then lick his fingers. NTTAWWT.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

FM....

Troy was not run off. He had one foot out the door as soon as Sark left. He left on his own accord.
  • Options

FM....

Troy was not run off. He had one foot out the door as soon as Sark left. He left on his own accord.
    Of course he did...right or wrong he didn't think he was or was going to get a fair shake here at UW. Looking at Lindy and Miley now you think he got a fair opportunity here? Still going to think that if he does well at Utah next year?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

FM....

Of course he did...right or wrong he didn't think he was or was going to get a fair shake here at UW. Looking at Lindy and Miley now you think he got a fair opportunity here? Still going to think that if he does well at Utah next year?
    Fair shake? He lost out on the backup job at the start of the year then moved into that role mid season. Seems like he was given an opportunity to move up and he did. If he stuck it out he would have been the QB this year.
  • Options
    You saw Miley play, right? And the only start he got was in a monsoon where they should have started Lindy and run the read-option Swede, and no opportunity after that.

I'd have left if I was him.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Once Jakey Brownsocks committed, no QB was going to get a fair shake.

Pete is so gay for Brownsocks it's pathetic.

I like Brownsocks and think he has a lot of upside, but I haven't seen anything from him this year that makes me think we are better off with him playing than we would be with Black Power.

If there is one thing I have NO trust whatsoever in Pete on, it's the QB position. He's shown he's inflexible and short-sighted.

He just wants another Kellen Moore and if you aren't in the Kellen Moore mold, he doesn't want you.

It's that kind of rigidity that makes me think we are fucked. Troy had skills and will tear it up.

If anyone thinks Troy left because he loved Sark; come on. Troy left because it was obvious that he was never going to be the type of QB Pete wants.

There were a lot of guys who loved Sark and could've transferred more than Troy (cough;Qualls|Mathis;cough), but both of them stuck around because they knew they would play.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Brownsox is gaining valuable speriace.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Troy picked wisely.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

You saw Miley play, right? And the only start he got was in a monsoon where they should have started Lindy and run the read-option Swede, and no opportunity after that.

The Legend of Wild Swede lives on.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    OT: What round/team will Swede be drafted???
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    The Swede can't run the read-option. He doesn't know how to hand it off. But he can keep it and get back to the line of scrimmage more times than he doesn't.

The Legend of Wild Swede lives on.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I told you guys last year that it is fucking stupid to trust Petersen or any coach on the QB. Trust your eyes. Black Power didn't get a fair shake. To say he was going anyway is stupid. Petersen could have convinced him to stay by giving him a chance.

Wittingham did. You really think a guy that only wanted to play for Sark goes to Utah and Wittingham?

Petersen and his offense and his quarterback choices all suck.

Black Power baby
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    MisterEm said:

Troy picked wisely.