Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wild Swede

What the fuck is the point?

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    UW Football: Where Dreams Go To Die
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dwash participating in any plays highly disagrees with this statement
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    How is lindy even involved on the field to begin with? The more and more I watch it, the only reason another QB should step on the field is if they were so close in battles you're swapping series or quarters or something. Here's a clue UW, even fucking Ohio state picked a fucking QB.

But no, we are smarter than everyone and put a highly inferior qb on the field(ice cold btw) to do what exactly? Christ, I will give them a pass and say the first couple games the eyear you throw shit at the wall and see if it sticks. However in week 9 you still think this works?

I thought by this morning the xanax would kick in and i'd be calmed down, but instead I get more fired up thinking how much better a Win would have been for the weekend.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The color guy said some call showed how creative smiff is. DDY is right. That's all these fuckstick coaches care about
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2015
    This is the only wild Swede I ever want to see again.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

Kevin shockey of kjr asked smith about the swede package and smith said lindy is the team captain and they want him to be part of it.

So, okay... just let's pretend that my real reaction to this is not a) i fucking knew it, and b) burn down the world...

You're telling me that we elected shit bags for captains and we play them because the players are so retarded they don't know who to elect for captains? FFS.

Holy fuckall.
    It's pretty telling to me that the players care more about their butt buddies feelings than winning. Think Empterman gave a fuck about the 3rd string QBs feelings? Win motherfuckers, or I will kill you was all he cared about. As it should be. Our team is full of fags.

This is where "Built for life" fails hard. Can we just be a "Built to win" school, and let all that other life shit sort itself out by somebody else later?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Shit I know I might be lit up for this but I think the Swede role
    could be productive. It's just very, very poorly used. 95%
    of the time it's so predictable with a simple handoff but change
    it up a bit and it might work. Run Lindquist from a wildcat or zone read, or let the guy fucking air it out, or a shovel pass to Gaskin. The basic idea is not bad to give
    Browning a break if he has a few bad series and needs to calm down but Jesus,
    throw some creativity into it to keep the defense guessing.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Kevin shockey of kjr asked smith about the swede package and smith said lindy is the team captain and they want him to be part of it.

This tells me that the coaches want their "friends" to play even if they aren't good enough. Prioritizing something else over winning is the ultimate death knell for a program. Smith and Petersen are terrible.
    This was exactly my thought.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Using a play to set up a trick 10 games later is DOOR-ASS-OUT!!!! I'd rather direct snap the crap to Gaskin than have the Swede in there. Browning should never come out at this point unless we are up 30. Hopefully he finds a Smart car and drives it up Smiff's ass in hopes he finds a clue.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Postal91 said:

Using a play to set up a trick 10 games later is DOOR-ASS-OUT!!!! I'd rather direct snap the crap to Gaskin than have the Swede in there. Browning should never come out at this point unless we are up 30. Hopefully he finds a Smart car and drives it up Smiff's ass in hopes he finds a clue.

This. How the fuck are we still doing this wild swede bullshit, but we've just now seen Gaskin in the wildcat? So fucking confusing.