Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is Peterman delusional about his offensive struggles?

If so, what will wake him up so that he does what it takes to win?

Comments

• Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    He is young and john Smith is young, players are young. Even the field is young. Just need to wait till the coaches, players, and the field are seniors.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015
    Which seniors..... 2023?
    dongman said:

He is young and john Smith is young, players are young. Even the field is young. Just need to wait till the coaches, players, and the field are seniors.

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Postal91 said:

Which seniors..... 2023?

dongman said:

I already hate the 2023 recruiting class.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Nice 1st post dipshit. Care to state what you think Peter is delusional about? And dont spit out the obvious Johnny Smith bullshit. Has little to do with him. Ok Mayo, lets see what you got. This isnt dawgman, where you were posting this morning till boredom and kim ran you off, go ahead and feel free to speak here...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nice 1st post dipshit. Care to state what you think Peter is delusional about? And dont spit out the obvious Johnny Smith bullshit. Has little to do with him. Ok Mayo, lets see what you got. This isnt dawgman, where you were posting this morning till boredom and kim ran you off, go ahead and feel free to speak here...

*279th
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    My issue with Smiff and Petersen is that they had a shit QB last year and somehow made it work somewhat. Miley had a high completion rate and had a 17/4 TD/INT ratio. Yes he sucked I know, but Petersen put him in a situation he could "succeed" in, probably because he didn't throw further than 5 yards and didn't throw 30 times until the Coog game.

My question is why did that philosophy change with Browning? Why have entire drives depend on Browning's ability to convert 3rd and longs? Why is he throwing over 30 times a game? Petersen and Smiff have put him in a position to fail, as a true freshman... It just doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I love that gif.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

My issue with Smiff and Petersen is that they had a shit QB last year and somehow made it work somewhat. Miley had a high completion rate and had a 17/4 TD/INT ratio. Yes he sucked I know, but Petersen put him in a situation he could "succeed" in, probably because he didn't throw further than 5 yards and didn't throw 30 times until the Coog game.

My question is why did that philosophy change with Browning? Why have entire drives depend on Browning's ability to convert 3rd and longs? Why is he throwing over 30 times a game? Petersen and Smiff have put him in a position to fail, as a true freshman... It just doesn't make sense.

Because teams can load up to stop run knowing our WR's cant beat anybody off LOS, which they cant. Plus they can choose to rush just 3-4 on 3rd and long and snuff out any potential cheap conversions. Its all relative. As soon as our guard and center play improves, so too will running game (Adams is certain all pac12 at LT and RT is loaded going forward)

Dont forget Puppy said Ross' s injury was a blessing in disguise before season. (He was likely gone after this year ) Puppy was dead on as usual. Next year, as the running game really starts to assert itself, Browning will be in 3rd and 2 instead of 12, as Ross will be back just in time to blow the top off the backend of defenses, opening up the rifleman Browning to surgically dissect opponents . . Be patient assholes. This will be a very good football team. Not this year, get that through your fucking little blue bonnets.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    New OC? Sark needs a job.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Some good counter points Puppy.

JS has been too predictable on 2nd and short / medium IMHO though. He calls too many passes then rather than getting the first down...don't have the data but maybe others have noticed that as well.

In beating USC, Gaskin had 22 carries and 1 catch and Washington had 9 carries and 2 catches. Gaskin only had 18 carries against Oregon (Washington didn't play) and then 18 again @ Stanford while Washington had 1 carry and 2 catches (may not have been totally healthy). Arizona's D is two steps down from Stanford and probably not as good as USC's or Oregon's so there's no reason JS can't get those guys the same amount of touches as in the USC game.

Also with Browning back, I hope JS and Petersen aren't afraid to take a shot down field in one of the first few drives. Pending weather, they almost hit it a few times @ USC and one or two of those loosens the defense more than passing more times than they need to.

Regardless I agree with you about patience, especially as it relates to everything non-JS. JS really needs to step it up against some of the weaker D's in the conference (outside of Utah). If JS can't get it done, I don't see him coming back in 2016.

Because teams can load up to stop run knowing our WR's cant beat anybody off LOS, which they cant. Plus they can choose to rush just 3-4 on 3rd and long and snuff out any potential cheap conversions. Its all relative. As soon as our guard and center play improves, so too will running game (Adams is certain all pac12 at LT and RT is loaded going forward)

Dont forget Puppy said Ross' s injury was a blessing in disguise before season. (He was likely gone after this year ) Puppy was dead on as usual. Next year, as the running game really starts to assert itself, Browning will be in 3rd and 2 instead of 12, as Ross will be back just in time to blow the top off the backend of defenses, opening up the rifleman Browning to surgically dissect opponents . . Be patient assholes. This will be a very good football team. Not this year, get that through your fucking little blue bonnets.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

People still think Ross is going to be the same player he was? Before his injury he was an athlete playing WR that had speed, speed, speed. Without his speed he'll just blend in with the rest of the WR's we have. I also don't buy your reasoning that our WR's were somehow better last year. Mickens was the most productive reciever by a huge margin last year, news flash they sucked last year just like they do this year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2015

That must be why Gaskin ha gained 108 yards or more in the past three games, averaging at least 6 a carry. I remember Shaq running very well last year too. The running game has already asserted itself. You and anyone who agree with this needs to watch the games.

Yeah, Ross sure blew the top off every defense last year. The staff had no fucking clue how to use him. Browning throws 30+ times because that's what Petersen wants to do, but don't give us any bullshit about it being necessary because teams stacking the box, etc.

Edit: My fault for making the same points. I didn't read the rest of the posts after Puppy's and couldn't believe there are actually dipshits on the board that agree with that shit. Petersen's offense have sucked for awhile.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    This offense is fine. It's your expectations that need adjustment.

UW is achieving exactly what they're striving for with they're* football team.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

New OC? Sark needs a job.

image" />

Bring him on. I'll pitch in for the booze and blow.