Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: A One Way Ticket to Palookaville

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Meek said:

How self absorbed do you have to be to think football fans care to see you presented with an environmental sustainability award? It's incredible if you think about it.

especially when half the fans are tossing their Husky Dog wrappers on the ground and leaving tailgate trash allover the place. Great "know your audience" as always. Fucking humblebrag leaders who just think any crowd is a great opportunity for them to get in front of it.
    Apparently you didn't get the memo from Upper Campus that the only reason they HAVEN'T nuked the football program yet is because it will draw 50-70k people 6x annually for them to parade in front of with their awards that no one has ever heard of and that no one gives a flying fuck about.
    The amount of self congratulation that UW administerso do during timeouts at football games is nauseating. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The amount of self congratulation that UW administerso do during timeouts at football games is nauseating. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else.

Boo that shit. Nobody wants to watch them jerk off. My environment? My immediate surroundings happen to be vomit covered bleachers (urinals with ducks) filled with fanatics that paid a good price to support a Football program. Sustain that program before you create a new program that you give up on (forget about) because "squirrel".

Let the band loose! You want to keep people engaged, keep the spectators guessing on when the next goat sacrifice #tequila might be.

And tits.

Why did they move the students?

$$$$$$
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

How self absorbed do you have to be to think football fans care to see you presented with an environmental sustainability award? It's incredible if you think about it.

That's the University of Washington in a nutshell ...

How more rich, white, and liberal can they be?
  • Options

Meek said:

especially when half the fans are tossing their Husky Dog wrappers on the ground and leaving tailgate trash allover the place. Great "know your audience" as always. Fucking humblebrag leaders who just think any crowd is a great opportunity for them to get in front of it.
    Apparently you didn't get the memo from Upper Campus that the only reason they HAVEN'T nuked the football program yet is because it will draw 50-70k people 6x annually for them to parade in front of with their awards that no one has ever heard of and that no one gives a flying fuck about.
    You should go to more road games ... happens on just about every campus in the nation.
  • Options
    Regarding WiFi at the stadium ...

I actually tried to connect to the wireless at the stadium as I've recently been to places around the country where you could actually do that without being a major donor (Texas A&M that was one of their priorities during their renovation) ... upon finding the WiFi hotspot and trying to connect during the game, it then asked me for a password making me realize that the only people that could connect during the game were the Butler Cabin establishment.

So, for an Athletic Department that has sent out a survey to me in the last month trumpeting how great their GameDay experience is and trying to get me excited about the food, wireless, etc. in the stadium ... your wireless is shit. Not only does my phone not pick it up when on 4G, but you don't have a free public WiFi hotspot set up for ALL fans during the game but only for those that drop the most money.

But then again, how is the Athletic Department more out of touch with the GameDay experience than they already are.
  • Options
    Kyle made some great points during the pod about highlight packages, etc. that used to be played during timeouts.

One thing that would be way more interesting during the game than some of the BS attributes that they do is to actually recognize the people that are at the games. Given that you had guys like ASJ, Kikaha, and Shaq on the sidelines for this game, putting a small highlight package together for them and putting a camera on them during the game is a no brainer.

Also a no brainer is raising up the board so that those that are sitting in the lower bowl can actually see it.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    @MikeMonan : Hilarious. 100% agree about the "new" Husky Stadium, couldn't have said it better. I've been bitching about the current pathetic GO HUSKIES! chant since they moved the student section; they cannot figure out how to do the chant anymore, and I'm afraid it will eventually go the way of the dodo bird, just like everything else Husky Football. Moving the student section was the single worst thing that came out of getting the stadium renovated. That move completely changed the dynamic of Husky Stadium.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Meek said:

You should go to more road games ... happens on just about every campus in the nation.
    In recent years I haven't gone to many road games. But I've been to virtually every stadium in the conference and nobody does it as frequently as UW does.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Good work gentlemen. Hit the nail on the head about the gameday experience. It's sad.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Meek said:

In recent years I haven't gone to many road games. But I've been to virtually every stadium in the conference and nobody does it as frequently as UW does.
    The PAC as a whole is full of a wine and cheese crowd. If you want to get engagement, the AD needs to branch out and start thinking about what stadiums in other places of the country do.

Of course, winning goes a long way. But often, it's more than that. Figure out what people want and cater to them. At a football game, I guarantee nobody gives a shit about an environmental award.
  • Options
    digits said:

@MikeMonan : Hilarious. 100% agree about the "new" Husky Stadium, couldn't have said it better. I've been bitching about the current pathetic GO HUSKIES! chant since they moved the student section; they cannot figure out how to do the chant anymore, and I'm afraid it will eventually go the way of the dodo bird, just like everything else Husky Football. Moving the student section was the single worst thing that came out of getting the stadium renovated. That move completely changed the dynamic of Husky Stadium.

The solution is simple and it means keeping the chant the way that it was before and having the students involved in the GO part ... it's a North --> South thing ... it's not a West --> East thing.

Problem with the students being the only ones running it is that it's not loud enough when it starts for anybody to even realize it has started until it is too late. It's the difference between having 10k yelling it (while getting drowned out by the PA) and 25/30k on a the side of the stadium starting it where you have the jaws to echo it off of.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

I actually tried to connect to the wireless at the stadium as I've recently been to places around the country where you could actually do that without being a major donor (Texas A&M that was one of their priorities during their renovation) ... upon finding the WiFi hotspot and trying to connect during the game, it then asked me for a password making me realize that the only people that could connect during the game were the Butler Cabin establishment.

So, for an Athletic Department that has sent out a survey to me in the last month trumpeting how great their GameDay experience is and trying to get me excited about the food, wireless, etc. in the stadium ... your wireless is shit. Not only does my phone not pick it up when on 4G, but you don't have a free public WiFi hotspot set up for ALL fans during the game but only for those that drop the most money.

But then again, how is the Athletic Department more out of touch with the GameDay experience than they already are.

Totally right about this, wifi is basically the first thing anyone cares about at an establishment.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Totally right about this, wifi is basically the first thing anyone cares about at an establishment.
    I agree. But what a pathetic reality of society. Paying to attend an event where the top concern is the ability to ignore that event and pay attention to things happening elsewhere.

And it's called progress?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Blayen said:

It isn't that they think you care about it. They know you don't. That is why they are doing it. They consider it a teaching moment. Educating you in the proper ways of thinking.
    I never thought of that. You might be on to something.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At some point we as Husky fans need to accept that we have been a bad game day experience for a long time now and that it's going to take a lot of patience and work to get back to where we once were.