Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coach Pete on the D and O coaching staff...

ThumpThump Member Posts: 793

When asked if he expected the D to be this good:

“...I just think that we’ve got some really good coaches over there, we’ve got some really good kids that really bought into their coaching, and they’re competing really, really hard, and that’s all we can really ask.”

Has anybody ever heard him say we have really good coaches on the O side? I've heard him say good stuff about the OL coach and the RB coach.... but that's it.

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Why don't you ask him that question.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Thump said:

“...I just think that we’ve got some really good coaches over there, we’ve got some really good kids that really bought into their coaching, and they’re competing really, really hard, and that’s all we can really ask.”

Has anybody ever heard him say we have really good coaches on the O side? I've heard him say good stuff about the OL coach and the RB coach.... but that's it.

Pete hasn't had a good offense since Harsin left. I think he hasn't recovered from the revolving door of assistants at BSU on the offense side, but fortunately he was about to replace Wilcox with Kawasaki and find some great assistants with Choate, Gregory, and Lake.

FWIW, Strausser has been with Petersen since the start of time and our RB coach is also our recruiting coordinator, and he seems to be doing a great job there, so they've received some praise.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    It's interesting that in referencing the defense he said "over there." Kinda suggests where he spends most of his time.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,588
    BSU was 17th in nation in scoring in 2013 (Petersen's last year there).

Other than that, good post.

Thump said:

Pete hasn't had a good offense since Harsin left. I think he hasn't recovered from the revolving door of assistants at BSU on the offense side, but fortunately he was about to replace Wilcox with Kawasaki and find some great assistants with Choate, Gregory, and Lake.

FWIW, Strausser has been with Petersen since the start of time and our RB coach is also our recruiting coordinator, and he seems to be doing a great job there, so they've received some praise.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

The 2013 team that put up 6 points against UW and 23 against Oregon State
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Why don't you ask him that question.

I miss LeLarry's tuff questions to the coaching staff's FACE!
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

HFNY said:

The 2013 team that put up 6 points against UW and 23 against Oregon State
    Putting up 60, and 63, against UT-Martin and Southern Miss, on the blue turf, is always special.