Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do Offensive Woes Portend to a Makeover?

http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2015/10/6/9465861/do-offensive-woes-portend-a-makeover

Very good article. Pretty much notes everything that has been said here by various poasters.

Last paragraph...

I certainly can’t predict what Petersen will do at the end of the season and the offense may yet come alive but my guess is that without significant improvement there will be more than soul searching going on at Montlake. This is not a rant on Smith but if the results are not clear and I mean by that consistent, tangible improvement then some change might be inevitable. There are coaches out there like Mike Sanford who is sharing duties right now at Notre Dame who might be interested in a job where he has total control. However, it is likely that Petersen would have to forsake the Boise State coaching tree and go to someone like Doug Nussmeier who had that National Championship team at Alabama and has now resurrected the long dead Florida offense. Would he do that or will we be asked to swallow the patience pill for another year? One has to wonder though when will we reach the point that transition and youth are just descriptors not excuses.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    One thing that I thought was a really good point was the impact that Herman leaving Ohio State has had ... hadn't really thought about it like that. But definitely they are having problems getting all the pieces to fit combined with a too many chefs in the kitchen causing them to really lose a bit of their identity.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Wtf'd for linking uwdoogpound, I'm surprised this post wasn't flagged over there for being too nega.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

One thing that I thought was a really good point was the impact that Herman leaving Ohio State has had ... hadn't really thought about it like that. But definitely they are having problems getting all the pieces to fit combined with a too many chefs in the kitchen causing them to really lose a bit of their identity.

Seattle losing their defensive coordinator has had an impact as well.

Atlanta 4-0 ... Seattle 2-2 ...
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Damnit, that is a really good article. Lot of arguments that many of us have made on here, we should have crowdsourced an article.

Anyways, I agree with that article because it is basically what all of us have been saying. Petersen needs to admit defeat on offense and pull a Patterson.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    The one thing that article did not mention is that in modern day football, where offense has ALL of the advantages there is no reason to not expect that making an overhaul on offense can not turn the offense around immediately. There doesn't need to be excuses next year if UW makes an OC change, if it is the right hire they can get better right away.

• Options
    We already knew that huskyfaninaz is a closet doog, but I didn't know Chester was slurping up on Nuss as well.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Great story. Particularly great was the comment that there is no clear sense what Smith is trying to do, or what identity he is trying to establish.

It's just random crap until we line up to punt the football.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,532
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    This guy is from Texas and coaches down in New Mexico but man, I like his resume:

golobos.com/coaches.aspx?rc=81&path=football

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

We already knew that huskyfaninaz is a closet doog, but I didn't know Chester was slurping up on Nuss as well.

I did say it was a good article. I didn't say anything about Nuss.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2015/10/6/9465861/do-offensive-woes-portend-a-makeover

Very good article. Pretty much notes everything that has been said here by various poasters.

Last paragraph...

I certainly can’t predict what Sark will do at the end of the season and the defense may yet come alive but my guess is that without significant improvement there will be more than soul searching going on at Montlake. This is not a rant on Holt but if the results are not clear and I mean by that consistent, tangible improvement then some change might be inevitable. There are coaches out there like Mike Sanford who is sharing duties right now at Notre Dame who might be interested in a job where he has total control. However, it is likely that Sark would have to forsake the USC coaching tree and go to someone like Josh Wilcox who had that Fiesta Bowl team at Boise State and has now resurrected the long dead Tennessee defense. Would he do that or will we be asked to swallow the patience pill for another year? One has to wonder though when will we reach the point that transition and youth are just descriptors not excuses.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    You have a true freshman QB. Nobody on that offensive staff is going anywhere. You would be mediocre regardless of coach.
  • Options
    90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Great article. They jacked a lot of points made here, brought more data, and removed the fucks, kills, rapes, and tits that are present in the posts made here.

In other words, a valid (but boring as fuck) article. Shit... a large part of us being on HH is to have a laugh about the fucks, kills, rapes and tits on posts here. Now, where is that Keely Hazell thread?!

• Options
    edited October 2015

Hopefully we can brainstorm some other material for the lurking UWDawgpound to use for their articles.

How about: LEAVE!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    With this lack of technical writing gifts? I don't think so.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,218
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2015

Great article. They jacked a lot of points made here, brought more data, and removed the fucks, kills, rapes, and tits that are present in the posts made here.

If you're going to bash fucking and tits, I'm out.
  • Options
    devildawgdevildawg Member Posts: 67
    Mosster47 said:

You have a true freshman QB. Nobody on that offensive staff is going anywhere. You would be mediocre regardless of coach.

We wouldn't be reading articles like this if they were even mediocre? Wtf ? Mediocre would be fine for now we'd probably be sitting at 4-0 the problem is were DFL again in year two and about to get fucking smoked by Sark!