Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Creepy Cewg

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    My brother has lived in that area since '95 or '96 I think. If Miami isn't winning 10 games, their bandwagon fans don't show. It's a small alumni base.

He says their fanbase is a mixture of ghetto types, Jews, and white preppies fwiw. I doubt more than 35,000 asses were in seats at Mudshark Joe Robbie Stadium today.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

WASHINGTON will never be back

Probably true, but *we* still won't suffer from apathy on a Miami level. Shit is embarrassing
    This is the kind of come back that makes you a legend in theeze parts.

It wasn't a comeback

HTH
    I like to [try to] make witty comebacks and then back off of them when they don't have quite the effect I was hoping for. That's what I like to do.

#fanbasesuperiorityguy #isellblowattheU #imadumbfuck
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

WASHINGTON will never be back

Probably true, but *we* still won't suffer from apathy on a Miami level. Shit is embarrassing
    This is the kind of come back that makes you a legend in theeze parts.

It wasn't a comeback

HTH
    I like to [try to] make witty comebacks and then back off of them when they don't have quite the effect I was hoping for. That's what I like to do.

#fanbasesuperiorityguy #isellblowattheU #imadumbfuck
    It was a (true) observation, not a comeback.

Cool hashtags though. Trying really hard.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Is MIAMI back? What's the deal with the Adidas uniforms? Is Miami too classy for Nike? Why is the stadium half empty? Don't they know that Nebraska is a classy powerhouse with a coach that does more with less? You know where I can score an 8 ball? Where my CANES at?!?!?! SNORT!!!!1

Miami will be back when they can make the classy Nebraska fans give them a standing ovation like they did Washington, which they'd not done before 100 times and haven't done since 100 times, because they took a pole in Lincoln and 100% of those poled said '91 Warshington is the best team in the history of college football.

Miami can't compete with that.

So, no.
    Miami will be back when at least half of the 2 deeps have felony charges.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2015

PurpleJ said:

Miami will never be back

I don't hate PGOS. I just find him annoying in an unentertaining way. He likes to gum up the works but falls short of being a detriment to the board. I don't ever recall reading one of his posts and thinking "Hey, that's an interesting point" or "I think he's spot on about that." He's made 6,731 posts, so maybe it's happened and I don't recall it. He's made me truly LOL twice, maybe three times. So there's that.

But he's still here.
    When you sell blow in the u district by aurora and don't think anything of it, get back to me. Orange slices is our resident bad ass.
    You forgot 7-11 parking lot
    I'm assuming you have a
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Is MIAMI back? What's the deal with the Adidas uniforms? Is Miami too classy for Nike? Why is the stadium half empty? Don't they know that Nebraska is a classy powerhouse with a coach that does more with less? You know where I can score an 8 ball? Where my CANES at?!?!?! SNORT!!!!1

Miami will be back when they can make the classy Nebraska fans give them a standing ovation like they did Washington, which they'd not done before 100 times and haven't done since 100 times, because they took a pole in Lincoln and 100% of those poled said '91 Warshington is the best team in the history of college football.

Miami can't compete with that.

So, no.
    will be back when at least half of the 2 deeps have felony charges.

My brother has lived in that area since '95 or '96 I think. If Miami isn't winning 10 games, their bandwagon fans don't show. It's a small alumni base.

He says their fanbase is a mixture of ghetto types, Jews, and white preppies fwiw. I doubt more than 35,000 asses were in seats at Mudshark Joe Robbie Stadium today.

If by "white preppies" you mean all the Cubans in Hialeah, then yeah, your brother's right.

So is it small alumni base or bandwagon? I think it's small alumni base, because those are the people who come whether you're winning or losing. But even that has its limits; with Washington's massive fan base, there are empty seats now, just not as many as at a typical Miami game.

Miami has always been a 'big game' town. Unless they are on a run, the game needs to be against a big-name opponent and with something riding on the outcome. Playing at night helps a lot down there too.

But they've always struggled a bit in this area, even during runs of greatness. Night game against undefeated Notre Dame or Va. Tech.? Sure, sold out. Day game against Arkansas? Probably not.

Even during the era when they were playing Oklahoma and Nebraska in Orange Bowl Classics, they could never compete with programs who travel well, even when those programs were traveling to Miami's backyard. I've been to two Miami/Nebraska tilts in the O bowl, and the stadium was over 50% red each time. It's astounding.

But whatever. If it's admirable that a good number of people here turn out rain or shine to watch a shit show, then so be it. That is not Miami; guilty as charged.