Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    FIRST!!!1!!

Looking forward to listening!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    I knew about this pod several hours ago.

I really did. GLAA.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Did I get a shout out?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Did you answer any of the Twatter questions for once?
  • KoolAidManKoolAidMan Member Posts: 319
    Nice podcast and good discussion. Awkward sexual tension.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Did Dwayne Washington get the RoadDawg seal of approval curse?

Follow up question: will he defend him as long as he defended Cyler Miles?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2015

This again? I mostly blame the coaches for Dwayne Washington's lack of production. That isn't to say the criticisms aren't valid. I even agree with them, but Washington has a lot of talent. Find some ways and put him in spots to get some production.

This offensive staff couldn't even use John Ross correctly and lined him up outside probably 90% of the time. I think he took one or two handoffs all last season. Oregon would have put him in the DAT role and he would be an All Conference player if not an All American.
  • SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    Road I was a doog for Washington too but no more. He's just a guy or at best will be an decent 3rd down back going forward. I hope he proves me wrong but I won't hold my breath.

Road I was a doog for Washington too but no more. He's just a guy or at best will be an decent 3rd down back going forward. I hope he proves me wrong but I won't hold my breath.

I don't see it happening either. He will have spurts though, especially against shitty teams. Kind of like last year.
    And I don't mean to defend Washington because he sucked and there were a few plays where he blew it. I only wanted to point out the other RB's ran 6 times for 4 yards.

The OL not opening the holes was a bigger problem than any RB. The real problem is coaching.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    Washington has talent? If you define talent as big/strong/fast, then no doubt he's got it in spades. What he doesn't have is RB instincts.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,591
    Since BSU's D was geared towards stopping the run as its #1 priority, Smith did a decent job getting Washington the ball outside of the running game....in fact, Washington's 7 catches for 53 yards led the team in both categories so that's putting him in spots to get some production.

As for JR, Ross' knee bothered him most of last year (he sat out the Georgia State game) yet he still put up better numbers all across the board in 2014 than he did in 2013 when he was healthier and had Keith Price throwing him the ball.

He also started more games at CB than he did at WR since our secondary had some big problems after Peters went loco and got kicked off the team.

It's reasonable to criticize the staff for some things but John Ross shouldn't be one of them.

This again? I mostly blame the coaches for Dwayne Washington's lack of production. That isn't to say the criticisms aren't valid. I even agree with them, but Washington has a lot of talent. Find some ways and put him in spots to get some production.

This offensive staff couldn't even use John Ross correctly and lined him up outside probably 90% of the time. I think he took one or two handoffs all last season. Oregon would have put him in the DAT role and he would be an All Conference player if not an All American.
    I think Strausser is very good OL coach, much better than Tuff Guy Cozz.

With the loss of Dex Charles, is there any other guy one could've imagined winning some sort of All Conference recognition in 2015? Charles was probably an honorable mention type guy.

Let's face it, Sloppy Steve left a shit sandwich of an OL....the looks test is the first thing you notice when comparing the recruits (Coleman Shelton, Brostek, Eldrenkamp, Kirkland, Fuvai, Crane vs. McGary, Adams, Sosebee, Roberts, Burleson, etc).

And I don't mean to defend Washington because he sucked and there were a few plays where he blew it. I only wanted to point out the other RB's ran 6 times for 4 yards.

The OL not opening the holes was a bigger problem than any RB. The real problem is coaching.

edited September 2015
    HFNY said:

Since BSU's D was geared towards stopping the run as its #1 priority, Smith did a decent job getting Washington the ball outside of the running game....in fact, Washington's 7 catches for 53 yards led the team in both categories so that's putting him in spots to get some production.

As for JR, Ross' knee bothered him most of last year (he sat out the Georgia State game) yet he still put up better numbers all across the board in 2014 than he did in 2013 when he was healthier and had Keith Price throwing him the ball.

He also started more games at CB than he did at WR since our secondary had some big problems after Peters went loco and got kicked off the team.

It's reasonable to criticize the staff for some things but John Ross shouldn't be one of them.

Smith didn't do a decent job at anything. Having a swing pass to a RB be a staple of the offense isn't a good thing.

Ross barely played in 2013 because the team had good WR's and he was a true freshman. Wow, just wow if you think this coaching staff did a good job with him or that he wouldn't have destroyed those numbers at other schools in the conference.

I had no problem with him moving to CB because the staff had rendered him basically useless on offense and the secondary needed him.
    I'm surprised they didn't deploy Darrell Daniels down the seam. The staff didn't want to test our WRs vs. their CBs and safety help deep but someone like Mickens could've run a deep route to draw the safety away from the middle of the field and then Browning could've had a mis-match with DD vs. a LB down the seam in single coverage at 20+ yards.

As for the RBs, I'd like to see more of Gaskin until the OL shows more improvement. Washington has speed, size, and strength but he can't utilize it unless a play is very well blocked for him. Gaskin is more like Sankey where he can make a guy miss if a play isn't blocked well so 2nd and 10 can be 2nd and 6.
    Swaye said:

I'm with you. Outside of our OL, which honestly seemed okay in pass pro and showed flashes at other times, I have not seen one position group on the O side of the ball that seems well coached.

Gameplan - crap.

RB's - crap.

QB - young so hard to tell, but crap last year.

TE - who?

WR - boltonlol.gif