Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Naijiel Hale sells Couch

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HuskyJW said:

Pete really hates CB's

Is he the 4th or 5th one he has kicked off?

Enewally, Darien Washington, Peters, Kelly, and now Hale.
    Darien left before Peterman got here, Kelly quit on his own. The other three were told to LEAVE!
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Too bad, was interested to see how he would develop with another year under Lake. Just another recruiting gem that left before living up to the hype and serves as a reminder to all the extreme TBSers to stop freaking out when a 4-5 star doesn't go our way.

Sydney Jones ftw. Gardenhire, we'll see. King is long and athletic and might be able to hide his biggest weakness (physicality) on the outside. LIPO.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Too bad, was interested to see how he would develop with another year under Lake. Just another recruiting gem that left before living up to the hype and serves as a reminder to all the extreme TBSers to stop freaking out when a 4-5 star doesn't go our way.

Sydney Jones ftw. Gardenhire, we'll see. King is long and athletic and might be able to hide his biggest weakness (physicality) on the outside. LIPO.

King is athletic?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Sydney Jones ftw. Gardenhire, we'll see. King is long and athletic and might be able to hide his biggest weakness (his neck) on the outside. LIPO.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

King is athletic?
    I know you're being sarcastic, but he's killed the last 2 "combines"
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,492
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HuskyJW said:

Pete really hates CB's

Is he the 4th or 5th one he has kicked off?

Enewally, Darien Washington, Peters, Kelly, and now Hale.
    Darien left before Peterman got here, Kelly quit on his own. The other three were told to LEAVE!
    Whoops, how did I do that? I meant Lavon Washington.

Too many Washingtons on Washington.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

King is athletic?
    Maybe i'm being wooshed, but he's arguably one of the best pure athletes on the team. He just does not have the headhunter mindset needed to play Strong Safety, which is why tiny Budda was leading the charge. He was never going to be a feared hitter in D1 and it was clear he was hesitant/scared whenever size was running down the seam.

He does have the length, quickness, and range that could make him a nightmare defending smaller guys in the slot (which there are a ton of in the Pac-12). With him it remains to be seen if he has it in him to be a football player or just an athletic guy who never got it. He's athletic enough to give it a chance.
    This is why I was hoping for the Brostek redshirt this year. He played CB in high school and just didn't look like he knew how to play safety last year, nor did he have the body for it. Despite his long ass neck, he has the athleticism to be a good CB with the proper teaching
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the nature of the position requires Petersen to go outside of OKG to find guys. There arent too many good, mild mannered CB's.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It aint a hit until Nate Dogg's son quits
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dawgman just named him a potential breakout player of the year. Kiss of death? The Dawgman jinx? Who else do we have to worry about. Free, obviously not premium content based on the source here: http://www.scout.com/college/washington/story/1570056-these-huskies-will-break-out-in-2015
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Dawgman just named him a potential breakout player of the year. Kiss of death? The Dawgman jinx? Who else do we have to worry about. Free, obviously not premium content based on the source here: http://www.scout.com/college/washington/story/1570056-these-huskies-will-break-out-in-2015

They are still driving the KJ bandwagon.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194

Im a doog for King and think he's better than most think. I'm intrigued by him playing CB.

Well then you see a lot more in him than I do.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It doesn't matter how good your vert is if you give up on every play.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2015
    Doogles said:

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Im a doog for King and think he's better than most think. I'm intrigued by him playing CB.

It looks to me like he doesn't know what he's doing. And he should have redshirted as a freshman. Maybe then he would have gotten at least one good offseason in instead of getting shoulder surgery. CB is assignment wise easiest position in football, so it could help. Or not.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

HuskyJW said:

It looks to me like he doesn't know what he's doing. And he should have redshirted as a freshman. Maybe then he would have gotten at least one good offseason in instead of getting shoulder surgery. CB is assignment wise easiest position in football, so it could help. Or not.
    Voted down for not ending with either way it will be interesting
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

HuskyJW said:

Voted down for not ending with either way it will be interesting
    Voted up for noticing that.