Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rape culture: spousal edition

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
edited July 2015 in Tug Tavern
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-lawyer-you-cant-rape-your-spouse-125262381116.html

Maybe this attorney is about as knowledgeable as @d2d

“You’re talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as a private individual who never raped anybody,” Cohen told the Daily Beast’s Tim Mak. “And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”

“It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

Cohen, though, was clearly mistaken. In 1984, New York’s Court of Appeals struck down the state’s “marital rape exemption” law, becoming the 18th state to deny that “wives are property” and ruling that married men, and women, could be prosecuted for rape. It’s now the law in all 50 states.

“As an attorney, husband and father there are many injustices that offend me, but nothing more than charges of rape or racism,” Cohen said on Tuesday. “They hit me at my core. Rarely am I surprised by the press, but the gall of this particular reporter to make such a reprehensible and false allegation against Mr. Trump truly stunned me.”

Comments