Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bow Down to Willingham

I paid $10 for the digital version of this book to read on a flight over the weekend. Sorry Derek but I think that $10 would have been better spent on a monthly subscription of doogman. Awful writing and terrible value for the price. And what is up with the not so subtle right-wing propaganda?!

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    You should pay the additional $10 for the behind the scenes manuscript.

The shit gets real crazy, you have to pay DJ's PayPal account, then he mails it to you.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Maybe now Derek can pay the derekjohnsonbooks.com hostage demands.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I paid $10 for the digital version of this book to read on a flight over the weekend. Sorry Derek but I think that $10 would have been better spent on a monthly subscription of doogman. Awful writing and terrible value for the price. And what is up with the not so subtle right-wing propaganda?!

Dude.

Respect da bidness.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It's a good read and had some fascinatingly damning insights on the Ty W era.

The last chapter really hurt it a lot though and was unnecessary.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

That's my primary regret about the book. If I was doing it again I would have omitted the epilogue.
  • Options
    BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Funds are low right now.

Could you summarize the regrettable portion as part of my Hardcore Husky subscription?

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gladstone said:

That's my primary regret about the book. If I was doing it again I would have omitted the epilogue.
    YRYK
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Funds are low right now.

Could you summarize the regrettable portion as part of my Hardcore Husky subscription?

Coke
    Hookers
    Website
    Bankruptcy
    Website shutdown for not paying your bills

You know ... just another day at HHB
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You're 10$ would have been better spent on this

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    all you sheep rushing to defend DJ have probably never even read that sorry excuse for a book. you guys are no better than Kim's minions who eat up all the bullshit he drops on his boards.

fuck you guys and fuck that book.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

all you sheep rushing to defend DJ have probably never even read that sorry excuse for a book. you guys are no better than Kim's minions who eat up all the bullshit he drops on his boards.

Yeah because you're not falling in line with every worthless, sensitive Seattle liberal in complaining about the "right wing propaganda." I'm glad you think 10$ is so valuable that you need to make a butthurt post about it.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    haie said:

Yeah because you're not falling in line with every worthless, sensitive Seattle liberal in complaining about the "right wing propaganda." I'm glad you think 10$ is so valuable that you need to make a butthurt post about it.
    It's not often that I can express my dissatisfaction with a book directly to the author so yeah, i'm going to fucking do it.

take DJ's cock out of your mouth for a second and think for yourself.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

It's not often that I can express my dissatisfaction with a book directly to the author so yeah, i'm going to fucking do it.

take DJ's cock out of your mouth for a second and think for yourself.
    I read the book, formulated my own opinion about it, and decided to call you a whiny cunt, because you clearly are one. How's that for autonomous thought?

You hated a book because its political undertones are opposite yours and because you spent 10$ on it. Get a fucking life.