Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,592 Swaye's Wigwam
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    That is unfortunate, but i'm going to be optimistic about the DBs. I know he was ahead of guys before the injury, but the writing may have been on the wall with the emergence of jones.

Also, maybe this is a sign that Kevin King's switch to CB is going well which is intriguing because although his physicality for safety was lacking, he is one of the most athletic guys on the roster.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Doogles said:

That is unfortunate, but i'm going to be optimistic about the DBs. I know he was ahead of guys before the injury, but the writing may have been on the wall with the emergence of jones.

Also, maybe this is a sign that Kevin King's switch to CB is going well which is intriguing because although his physicality for safety was lacking, he is one of the most athletic guys on the roster.

King is one of the biggest pussies on the roster. He wears the red no-contact jersey in games. Corners need to hit and tackle too. No thanks, transfer him out and BEG Kelly to come back.
    I thought the red jerseys were just UW's latest alternate school color.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    edited May 2015

Doogles said:

King is one of the biggest pussies on the roster. He wears the red no-contact jersey in games. Corners need to hit and tackle too. No thanks, transfer him out and BEG Kelly to come back.
    I agree he looked tentative when going into contact, especially playing next to Buttah. I remember a highlight where they both converge on a tackle and Budda creates a fumble while King noticeably protects himself.

That being said, the tackling onus is considerably lessened moving from Strong Safety to Cornerback. King might just excel in coverage and be better than most cbs who, minus a few absolute studs, are all ankle biters. Hell even in the NFL guys get big millions who dive at feet. It's not ideal, but it's easier hidden outside against a WR than a TE up the seam.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited May 2015
    dnc said:

Of all the transfers we've seen this is one of the biggest bummers to me. I loved Jermaine Kelly coming in.

FUCK

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited May 2015
    Turner ran painfully slow and had a terrible vertical leap at the UW combine. Yeah, measureables aren't everything, but those and the fact Brian Clay ran with the one's all spring don't give me much hope for Turner being an instant impact guy. He only played one year of Juco football. King has been playing in the Pac 12 for two seasons and is a way better athlete.

When Lake was asked about Turner he said something to the extent of Turner being a guy that will show up once the pads come. My translation was that Turner can hit and that's about it.

King is going to factor in at CB and/or safety. With Kelly gone, it's almost a certainty that Austin Joyner will get playing time too.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    edited May 2015
    Agree, I was really high, drunk, and methed out on him going into this season.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Kelly hid from Kiffin to sign with Sark. Think about that.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Being from Shelton, I thought this was a given?
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 951

Being from Shelton, I thought this was a given?

I'm surprised you're surprised
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Turner ran painfully slow and had a terrible vertical leap at the UW combine. Yeah, measureables aren't everything, but those and the fact Brian Clay ran with the one's all spring don't give me much hope for Turner being an instant impact guy. He only played one year of Juco football. King has been playing in the Pac 12 for two seasons and is a way better athlete.

When Lake was asked about Turner he said something to the extent of Turner being a guy that will show up once the pads come. My translation was that Turner can hit and that's about it.

King is going to factor in at CB and/or safety. With Kelly gone, it's almost a certainty that Austin Joyner will get playing time too.

Uhh Dick Baird pointed out Zeke as an impact baller too. Has nothing to do with his VJ. Baird said "this k I d gonna play"...translation? wait till pads come on, tha t s when Zeke brings it. Give him more than 15 practices to adjust. He's basically a true sophomore that burned his shirt in a glorified high school league last year.