Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sarkisms still strong at doogpound

http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2015/4/21/8456217/a-humble-plea-to-bring-back-the-spring-game

I didn't read the article but I saw the poll at the bottom which said fans know more than the coaches about how to run the program. I went up and scanned the article and saw people were agreeing with the idea that there should be more fan engagement and bullshit instead of getting our QBs more reps because they all suck right now. I think the coaches know what they're doing. They also want fans to call plays during the spring game like Rich Rod. Fuck that. Sounds like they have too much Sark in them still.

Comments

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Saw someone on twitter today saying that Petersen is boring and now the spring game is boring and that seems to be the theme of the Petersen Era.

I always hated Spring Games. It makes sense when you used to have like 80 guys available in the spring, but now most teams have around 60 available (although there is usually around 10 guys that are out from offseason injuries) to them and 10 of them at least are walk-ons and what not. There isn't much of a point to put on a game just for the fans and run the risk of injuries occuring (like Virta Vea getting hurt last Saturday during scrimmage portion of practice. Plus, you can learn just as much if not more from an open practice (which the spring game is now) if you know what to look for.

In short, spring games are stupid, so just have a regular practice and get better. Fuck the fans that want sizzle. Idiots.

What does this have to do with eating hot dogs?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Saw someone on twitter today saying that Petersen is boring and now the spring game is boring and that seems to be the theme of the Petersen Era.

I always hated Spring Games. It makes sense when you used to have like 80 guys available in the spring, but now most teams have around 60 available (although there is usually around 10 guys that are out from offseason injuries) to them and 10 of them at least are walk-ons and what not. There isn't much of a point to put on a game just for the fans and run the risk of injuries occuring (like Virta Vea getting hurt last Saturday during scrimmage portion of practice. Plus, you can learn just as much if not more from an open practice (which the spring game is now) if you know what to look for.

In short, spring games are stupid, so just have a regular practice and get better. Fuck the fans that want sizzle. Idiots.

Agree. It's usually crap anyway, plus now that they are all televised they have become overly-scrutinized, which I'm sure teams with big QB competitions would like to avoid heading into summer and fall.

I've also heard recruits can't be on the sidelines for a game, but they can for a "practice". Just what I'm hearing...
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,683
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

What time is the wiener dog race?

Always about weiners?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm actually quite happy with some of the changes that I've seen for Saturday ...

VIP parking (nice benefit to season ticket holders)
    Tour of the tunnel (looking forward to the excitement on the faces of my "nephews" as they continue to be converted into UW fans for life)
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You don't need more fan engagement. You don't need hotdog-eating contests. You don't need fans calling plays. More along.
  • Options
    sjdsjd Member Posts: 270
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I want to know if I click the link, will I have the urge to take a swan dive?

#DueDiligence
  • Options
    sjdsjd Member Posts: 270
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Dick Rod lets his 4 wildcat fans call plays because no one gives a fuck about them.

And Chantel Jennings goes wild!

#Subtweet
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    the biggest problem with a spring game is that nobody knows who'd even be playing since Woody got on the job... would it be the blacks jerseys v white helmets? about the only "fans" interested in watching that game would be edgy recruits from big cities in California who never sign with us anyway.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2015
    Meek said:

the biggest problem with a spring game is that nobody knows who'd even be playing since Woody got on the job... would it be the blacks jerseys v white helmets? about the only "fans" interested in watching that game would be edgy recruits from big cities in California who never sign with us anyway.

That's why Petersen had Junior Day behind closed-doors.

Petersen doesn't want his recruits to see our fans.

I can only imagine how many kids tLPT cost us over the years... imagine if recruits saw both them and all the doogs in our stands?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    What time is the dance off?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,930
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Dick Rod lets his 4 wildcat fans call plays because no one gives a fuck about them.

Don't get me started. I watched about three minutes of it and Rodriguez let some 11 yr. old girl call a play. Everyone was laughing and whooping it up. The score was like 70-50. Thesefaggot marketing morons don't know when to stop.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Uhh...wasn't it Sark who nixed the spring game in favor of the wiener dog races and goal post competition?

UWDawgpound is essentially the disciples of grinolds.

There are names I recognize from the Seattle Times forums there