Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Military Morale Hits Alltime Low Under Obama.

d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
edited April 2015 in Tug Tavern
But NOGAF in here other than Swaye and me...
USA TODAY:
Army morale low despite 6-year, $287M optimism program

"More than half of some 770,000 soldiers are pessimistic about their future in the military and nearly as many are unhappy in their jobs, despite a six-year, $287 million campaign to make troops more optimistic and resilient, findings obtained by USA TODAY show.

Twelve months of data through early 2015 show that 403,564 soldiers, or 52%, scored badly in the area of optimism, agreeing with statements such as "I rarely count on good things happening to me." Forty-eight percent have little satisfaction in or commitment to their jobs."
usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/16/army-survey-morale/24897455/

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Swaye said:

Nobody wants to talk about the reasons people in the military are unhappy of course. It would be uncomfortable to hear that the all volunteer force disagrees strongly with many of the feel good politically motivated decisions of the last 40 years.

Why do you leave Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, and Nixon out of this?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Almost every decision GWB made for the military was wrong. The one thing he got right was hiring Robert Gates as SecDef. About the only military decision Obama got right was keeping Gates around. Panetta and Hagel have been terrible.

Frankly, I view both sides at fault for the clusterfuck that is happening right now in the military. The sequester is what is killing morale. People have been busting their asses for 12 years, and now are getting pink slips because Congress and the President can't get their shit together and devise a reasonable military budget.

Obama has replaced the chain of command getting his own guys in there.

If Obama wanted to keep soldiers in after 12 years and let them retire after 20+ years, he would do that. He chose to go with free agency rather than resigning veterans.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

If Obama wanted to keep soldiers in after 12 years and let them retire after 20+ years, he would do that. He chose to go with free agency rather than resigning veterans.

Obama just needs 5 more years to get his own guys in there.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,111 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Obama just needs 5 more years to get his own guys in there.
    I can't wait for the first openly gay Chief of Staff...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,042 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Nobody wants to talk about the reasons people in the military are unhappy of course. It would be uncomfortable to hear that the all volunteer force disagrees strongly with many of the feel good politically motivated decisions of the last 40 years.

Because Obama is the CIC
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109

The top ten reasons for bad morale are the same as they always have been, bad leadership. It doesn't matter if it's a company, a football team, or an infantry Regiment.

Compare Don James to Tyrone Willingham. Compare Patton to the losers Obama hired. Think about your own work situation... working for Derek or Kim and Fatters.
    Maybe the young soldiers just don't fully appreciate the comportment lessons from Obama's train of command?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,648
    edited April 2015
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Jake Almighty, he's six+ years into his administration. Doog POTFD.

RN won the Rose Bowel, Obama cratered military morale.

WIW.
    edited April 2015
    dnc said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Jake Almighty, he's six+ years into his administration. Doog POTFD.

RN won the Rose Bowel, Obama cratered military morale.

WIW.
    Perfect. You're on Honda Stupidity Patrol. Thanks for volunteering.

BTW, do you think it has anything to do with the uniforms?
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    So they had a higher morale when we started an unjust war in Iraq and during Vietnam? And I'm suppose to take their opinions seriously, why exactly?

So they had a higher morale when we started an unjust war in Iraq and during Vietnam? And I'm suppose to take their opinions seriously, why exactly?

I don't give a damn what you do.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,379 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's a terrible time to be an American

Interest rates are down
    gas prices are down
    401K's are up
    Housing prices are up

Horrible. I don't know I'm gonna make it through....guess I will just go back to the garage (am in middle of AR build) whole i wait for our new house in Orchards to get built
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,648
    edited April 2015

None of the military guys I know had a problem with the war in Iraq when it started. Hell, Hillary didn't even have a problem with the war in Iraq when it started.

Vietnam? No argument there.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,042 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

It's a terrible time to be an American

Interest rates are down
    gas prices are down
    401K's are up
    Housing prices are up

Horrible. I don't know I'm gonna make it through....guess I will just go back to the garage (am in middle of AR build) whole i wait for our new house in Orchards to get built

Sounds like America is a country of those who have and those who are going to have.

APAG? True?
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    Wtf is an optimism program?

... Who got the contract... And who in Congress are they related to?
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

An optimistic program with a happy ending?