Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FedWay LB's stock on the rise

'16 Federal Way LB Andrzej Hughes-Murray's stock is on the rise. Currently only offered by Air Force, with some interest from UW, WSU and San Jose St. Some are saying he's the best LB in this state, even with Joel Dublanko. In any case, the interest may grow now that UTR has put a spotlight on him:

Andrzej Hughes-Murray's UTR Spotlight

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Honest question, after 3 years of hearing how Joel Dublanko was a homegrown Bosworth, I haven't heard a thing about him in a year. He dropped off, hit ceiling?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    From what I've heard, Dublanko was projected as a can't miss, future 5-star, high school all American as a 9th grader. He apparently hasn't improved much since then. I read somewhere that he didn't even make first or second team all-league in whatever 2A division Aberdeen is in.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Outside of UW, the other two schools interested are worse then his current offer. Hard to say his stock is rising.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Here's to hoping he blows up his Sr year.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

From what I've heard, Dublanko was projected as a can't miss, future 5-star, high school all American as a 9th grader. He apparently hasn't improved much since then. I read somewhere that he didn't even make first or second team all-league in whatever 2A division Aberdeen is in.

Gotta admit, the highlighted part made me LOL...
  • Options
    JamesChristiansonJamesChristianson Member Posts: 45
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Testing 1

Aberdeen was a 1A/2A blend last year. There were reportedly some politics involved because people did not like Aberdeen moving into a league as they did. In any event, Joel has offers from Tenn & Miss. St. and has interest from every other major program in the country and he continues to participate with an All-American team. Everyone in the "circuit" knows how good he is and their opinions are not influenced by a local, small-town voting poll.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Thanks for the info.

Do you think he ends up getting a Washington offer?

Aberdeen was a 1A/2A blend last year. There were reportedly some politics involved because people did not like Aberdeen moving into a league as they did. In any event, Joel has offers from Tenn & Miss. St. and has interest from every other major program in the country and he continues to participate with an All-American team. Everyone in the "circuit" knows how good he is and their opinions are not influenced by a local, small-town voting poll.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Thanks for the info.

It would be a total guess at this point. So I can't say. I generally don't like making any predictions without having my own insider info or pretty tangible evidence.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

It's kinda hard to improve on those accolades since there is no such thing as a 6-star recruit or high-school all-universe.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Thanks for the info.

Since my last post, I have sources that tell me that as a life-long Husky fan, the Dublanko camp is disappointed that there has not been any offer...so it seems the longer the Huskies wait, the less chance they have to get a commitment, especially since some top college coaches and nationally renowned high school program coaches think he's the best LB in the country. To wit, bigger programs are showing Joel much more love than the Huskies are.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I guess the real question is... Why aren't the Huskies offering the #1 LB in the country, who lives in their back yard?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    A greater question might be why hasn't Dublanko received more offers now that the spring evaluation is in full-swing?

It's not like the Huskies are the only team who hasn't offered so far. Only WSU has offered him so are other Pac-12 schools thinking he doesn't have much room to improve? Not a diss on JD at all but most guys peak in high school football

I guess the real question is... Why aren't the Huskies offering the #1 LB in the country, who lives in their back yard?

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Petersen is still learning how to recruit in the Pac 12....