Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can Felix start every game?

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,521
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It's quite frustrating. But I think Kuma will eventually get it together and Paxton only gave up 2 runs. Which leads me to my main concern coming into the season. I can't fault the pitching for giving up 2 runs yesterday and losing. It's been the chic pick to have the M's winning the division and even going to the WS. I could go on for a while but I did some research and where is all this love coming from? Same pitching staff but switch out young's 3.6 era with happ's 4+. But where do people think they're going to magically going to come up with all these extra runs? Nelson Cruz is a good addition but much of his hype is based off of a career year last year which he never came close to duplicating in the past. And much of that power will be negated by hitting in Safeco. Other than that, a few minor pieces make up what is generally the same lineup from last year that couldn't score runs.

So while on paper their pitching should carry the team, I'm still waiting for someone to show me where all this extra run production is going to come from. Other than Zunino, Miller, Jackson and Ackley all magically making dramatic improvements over their God-awful numbers, I don't see it.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pretty sure someone here made it clear that the season is over.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    section8 said:

Pretty sure someone here made it clear that the season is over.

FREE PUB!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's quite frustrating. But I think Kuma will eventually get it together and Paxton only gave up 2 runs. Which leads me to my main concern coming into the season. I can't fault the pitching for giving up 2 runs yesterday and losing. It's been the chic pick to have the M's winning the division and even going to the WS. I could go on for a while but I did some research and where is all this love coming from? Same pitching staff but switch out young's 3.6 era with happ's 4+. But where do people think they're going to magically going to come up with all these extra runs? Nelson Cruz is a good addition but much of his hype is based off of a career year last year which he never came close to duplicating in the past. And much of that power will be negated by hitting in Safeco. Other than that, a few minor pieces make up what is generally the same lineup from last year that couldn't score runs.

So while on paper their pitching should carry the team, I'm still waiting for someone to show me where all this extra run production is going to come from. Other than Zunino, Miller, Jackson and Ackley all magically making dramatic improvements over their God-awful numbers, I don't see it.

I don't get it either. A lot has to go right for the M's to contend.