Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ted Cruz SCHOOLS journalist on CLIMATE CHANGE...

d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
edited March 2015 in Tug Tavern
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JX6nDrqUKKA

But Up-Chuck Todd on Meet the Depressed said he can't win...

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    did Todd say the GOP was blowing it with Cruz?
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Government control of the energy sector...and every aspect of our lives. He's a dumb fuck but he's good.

The right needs to chill with the whole well scientists in the past said that so we can't trust this now. Going to walk into a well they say the earth is round now but they use to say it was flat so who really knows zinger eventually.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    He sure does a good job parroting Rush Limbaugh. "17 year cooling period" and "in the 1970s..."

Do you really want to elect a delusional person?

Wait. Oh yeah. I'm talking to death. Of course you would elect a delusional person.
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109

did Todd say the GOP was blowing it with Cruz?

yes
    edited March 2015
    2001400ex said:

He sure does a good job parroting Rush Limbaugh. "17 year cooling period" and "in the 1970s..."

Wait. Oh yeah. I'm talking to death. Of course you would elect a delusional person.

So, you haven't given up on Global Warming?

Derek? I really don't think you want me going down that path?
    d2d said:

2001400ex said:

So, you haven't given up on Global Warming?Derek? I really don't think you want me going down that path?
    Here, I'll save you 4 hours of spamming the board with lies.

photo 1escalator_2012_500_zpshsl0gvib.gif
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,967
    2001400ex vs. reality:

2001400ex vs. reality:

It's settled then. You are right 90% of the world's scientists are full of shit.
    edited March 2015
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex vs. reality:

It's settled then. You are right[,] 90% of the world's scientists are full of shit.
    stały
    I want to thank so many people for this honor; Race, Houston, Swaye, Sarktastic, Doogles, ... see, our hard work has paid off. And a special thanks to Barack Hussein Obama; your complete incompetence and egocentric narcissistic personality has made this all possible. Thank you.
    edited March 2015
    The 90% is a lie to...like pretty much most everything you say around here. Go look at the "online" survey" that generated the number...its been discredited to the T. (Notice as well you don't dispute the graph I posted...its a simple fact).

Then again, an on-line survey around here rating your intelligence might be pretty accurate. Maybe I should reconsider.

Lemming.

edited March 2015

The 90% is a lie to...like pretty much most everything you say around here. Go look at the "online" survey" that generated the number...its been discredited to the T. (Notice as well you don't dispute the graph I posted...its a simple fact).

Then again, an on-line survey around here rating your intelligence might be pretty accurate. Maybe I should reconsider.

Lemming.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveys_of_scientists'_views_on_climate_change

There's multiple surveys that show the same. Death even posted a survey showing 80% plus of the meteorologists say humans at least partially to blame for a warmer climate.

But you and death are way smarter than our climate scientists and meteorologists. And study this for a living. And I'm the lemming.

Fuck you guys are stupid.
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    2001400ex said:

Lemming.

http://en.m.WIKIPEDIA.org/wiki/Surveys_of_scientists%27_views_on_climate_change

There's [are] multiple surveys that show the same [thing]. Death even posted a survey showing [that] 80% plus of the meteorologists say humans [are] at least partially to blame for a warmer climate.

But you and death are way smarter than our climate scientists and meteorologists. A[, a]nd study this for a living. A[, a]nd I'm the lemming.

Fuck[,] you guys are stupid.
    Did you graduate from high school?
    For fuck sake, wikipedia again? Race? Seattle Central Community College? No way this fuck stick graduated from my Alma Mater.

Finally, get your facts straight if you are attempting to quote me.
    FORBES MAGAZINE

A recent survey of American Meteorological Society members shows meteorologists are skeptical that humans are causing a global warming crisis. The survey confirms what many scientists have been reporting for years; the politically focused bureaucratic leadership of many science organizations is severely out of touch with the scientists themselves regarding global warming issues.

Other questions solidified the meteorologists’ skepticism about humans creating a global warming crisis. For example, among those meteorologists who believe global warming is happening, only a modest majority (59%) believe humans are the primary cause. More importantly, only 38% of respondents who believe global warming is occurring say it will be very harmful during the next 100 years.

Other questions solidified the meteorologists’ skepticism about humans creating a global warming crisis. For example, among those meteorologists who believe global warming is happening, only a modest majority (59%) believe humans are the primary cause. More importantly, only 38% of respondents who believe global warming is occurring say it will be very harmful during the next 100 years.

In another line of survey questions, 53% of respondents believe there is conflict among AMS members regarding the topic of global warming. Only 33% believe there is no conflict. Another 15% were not sure. These results provide strong refutation to the assertion that “the debate is over.”

Overall, the survey of AMS scientists paints a very different picture than the official AMS Information Statement on Climate Change. Drafted by the AMS bureaucracy, the Information Statement leaves readers with the impression that AMS meteorologists have few doubts about humans creating a global warming crisis. The Information Statement indicates quite strongly that humans are the primary driver of global temperatures and the consequences are and will continue to be quite severe. Compare the bureaucracy’s Information Statement with the survey results of the AMS scientists themselves.

In contrast to the AMS survey, where all respondents are AMS meteorologists, a majority have Ph.D.s and fully 80% have a Ph.D. or Masters Degree, position statements by organizational bureaucracies carry little scientific weight. For example, a position statement recently published by the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) and frequently cited as the “definitive” indication of scientific consensus on global warming was authored by a mere 23 persons. Of those 23 persons, only five had Ph.D.s in a field closely related to climate science, an equal number (5) were staffers for environmental activist groups, two were politicians, one was the EPA general counsel [an attorney] under the Clinton administration and 19 of the 23 had already spoken out on behalf of global warming alarmist prior to being chosen for the panel. Clearly the scientific weight of the NAS statement pales in comparison to the AMS meteorologist survey.
    You are the lemming. Online surveys are now fact...surveys where 30% respond and the questions are ambiguous and leading at best are now "fact". There are surveys were meteorologists are split on whether they "believe" (the appropriate term for the religion it is)...yet you ignore those because they disagree with your preconceived notion. And the reality of it is who fucking cares what a bunch of people that either don't study it in detail or even who are fully vested by making a living advocating one side think.

Compare the actual fucking data to the models that "prove" GW. The models are fundamentally based on a greenhouse mechanism and were built to match the warming data in the 80s and 90s (and before) when the CO2 level went from ~338ppm in 1980 to ~365ppm in 1998 and the temperature data says the globe warmed 0.3 degrees or whatever the number is. Apply that logic to the next set of data...specifically the last 18 years when CO2 levels went from 365ppm to now 400ppm and low and behold the temperature hasn't statistically moved. I don't need my graduate science degree (hey...I can call myself a scientist too...how come I've never gotten a survey) to know after that simple fact saying the models are correct (when they don't match shit) or that increased CO2 levels is the direct driving force behind global warming is Fucking Stupid.

And yes, you are a lemming to the nth degree...as you prove it here daily. You have a point of view that is regurgitated from others without thought, and you can't even argue it...you gargle talking points (90% surveys being a good example) without having a single clue about the underlying concepts or issues. You are lecturing me on what "scientists" think without having the least bit of understand of absolutely any of the science and having no clue as to my science background.

Keep gargling lemming.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,341 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

d2d said:

2001400ex said:

So, you haven't given up on Global Warming?Derek? I really don't think you want me going down that path?
    Here, I'll save you 4 hours of spamming the board with lies.

photo 1escalator_2012_500_zpshsl0gvib.gif

I like to parse 40 years out of 14 billion and call it a trend, I do that.

I distinctly recall sitting in class at the UW in the late 90s and being told the greatest threat to our climate is another ice age. Would you like to discuss the subsequent 15 year 'trend' since as proofs? Please advise.
    edited March 2015
    Human beings occupy only 1% of the earth's surface. Earth is almost 80% salt water. Of the 20% that is dry land, much of it uninhabitable desert. One entire continent, Antarctica, is completely void of humans.

I've sailed across the Pacific Ocean AND DIDN'T SEE A SINGLE FUCKING HUMAN BEING!

Humans need fresh water to survive. The vast majority live within 100 miles of the coastline, AND next to a river or other source of fresh water.

The nakedly conceited idea that humans can be THE major factor affecting worldwide global warming OR cooling should be astonishing to any independent thinking person.

This map clearly shows that the vast majority of the world's human population live in China and India, both of which are exempt from the Kyoto Protocol. Another CONTINENT which is almost void of humans, Australia, HAS A CARBON TAX? Eat shit and die, Honda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6YdNmK77k&feature=player_detailpage
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    as annoying as he may be on occasion, the man does have a point that passes the reasonable man theory.
    Honda's Global Warming Expert...

edited March 2015
    Congresswoman Claims Climate Change Will Turn Women Into Prostitutes:

“Women will disproportionately face harmful impacts from climate change,” Lee’s Congressional resolution reads. It continues claiming, “Food insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health.”

She must be facebook friends with Honda?

breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/26/congresswoman-claims-climate-change-will-turn-women-into-prostitutes/
    Wow coming out in droves. Starts with a grammar check. Goes to bash Wikipedia (even tho the survey YOU posted last month said essentially the same thing). Then posts a few irrelevant things about religion and prostitution.

You can't divert from the FACTS that the earth is warmer and the majority think it's at least partially human caused. When it's politics and your politician wins 51% of the vote, you declare victory and act as if it's America's call to fully implement your view of America (and we all know how educated voters are). But when it's 70%, 80%, 90% whatever percent of scientists, now you don't believe it. Because your politician and news source says you shouldn't.

For fucks sakes. Use your brain, not cartoons about religion and prostitution.

BTW, who ever said I graduated college, let alone the same college you graduated from? You should be embarrassed that a dude with an eighth grade education has more knowledge about the topic you get the biggest boner over then you do.