Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Congrats to EWU ...

DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
Founders Club
... for proving that you can't expect basketball success without a big name head coach, first class facilities, and a talent rich local high school basketball scene.

I think we all know the legend of Jim Hayford, the huge $$$ that EWU had to pay him to get him to their campus and his national name recognition among elite recruits.

And, the hoop facilities at EWU ... well ... someday if the UW manages to scrape enough shekels together, maybe they can build something comparable.

Lastly, the hot bed of hoops talent that stretches from Medical Lake to Steptoe Butte is as rich as it gets. The Dawgs can only dream of having that sort of local talent to pick from.

Nice work by the Eagles.

Fuck.

Comments

• Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Agree, hard working blue collar 100% effort, no prima donnas

Fuckin-A, I'm turning into AOG
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

EWU has a roster full of white guys?
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    With about 3 minutes to go, EWU scored and called time out. They were down 9.

That big bearded Aussie dude for EWU walked into the huddle and just went off on his teammates and Hayford just stood there and let the big dude roll. Was fucking awesome.

At the end of the time out, during which Hayford talked for about 15 seconds, he gave the bid dude a hug and sent his team out to win the game.

Brought a tear to my eye.

Reminded me of Jernard Jerreau ... not so much.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The best team in Southern California, top 10 in the nation, has 3 graduates on the Huskies Cougarss Eagles.

Big Sky schools seem to be pretty resourceful with recruiting. Go to Oakland (Lillard, Cherry), go to SoCal (Harvey), go to western Washington, go to Australia. Develop relationships. Know what you're doing. Shantay Legans was a solid player at Cal/FSU, and I think he is a really sharp recruiter. The Eagles have more Washington players than we do. They have more players from California than we do. We do have more players from Connecticut, Wisconsin, Louisiana, and Georgia than they do.

Plus, Hayford won 80% of his games at Whitworth. How could we ever expect to get a coach like that?!!
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Half the field is mid-major tourney champs that are happy to be fodder for the 1-4 seeds. EWU making it is irrelevant to us missing out.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It's pretty easy to win when you have homegrown talent every year like they do in Cheney, WA and use overseas agents to direct players to your program. Romar won't do that. Never has, never will.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Half the field is mid-major tourney champs that are happy to be fodder for the 1-4 seeds. EWU making it is irrelevant to us missing out.

Yeah, but still...
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The Woodinville Falcons say hello
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The kid from Federal Way at EWU was unc
    DHD said:

With about 3 minutes to go, EWU scored and called time out. They were down 9.

That big bearded Aussie dude for EWU walked into the huddle and just went off on his teammates and Hayford just stood there and let the big dude roll. Was fucking awesome.

At the end of the time out, during which Hayford talked for about 15 seconds, he gave the bid dude a hug and sent his team out to win the game.

Brought a tear to my eye.

Reminded me of Jernard Jerreau ... not so much.

Venky Jois is a beast.

Their sixth man from Federal Way was an uncommitted senior out of high school. Snagged his EWU offer after a spring game.

Local talent reset?
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I know you are just being humorous, but that is impossible.