Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Combine Thread

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi please say you got an upskirt pic of KJ Carta-Samuels.
    Dane Crane? Vita Vea?

KJ does pass the eye test. I didn't take pictures because I didn't want to be a creeper (even though I am an unabashed TBS'er) or get yelled at by someone.

Dane Crane looked really good, I still remember his HS film and it was so good. I hope he wins the job, nothing bad to say about him from today.

I should have mentioned Virta Vea. He looks to be in really good shape and just moves very well for such a massive human being. Would not shock me if he could slide out to the edge at times (like Danny) because he moves well enough.
  • Options
    To show that I can be negative. Cory Fuavai is perhaps the most unathletic athlete ever.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Actually surprised Coleman ran a 4.6. Do the pads just make him look like a slug?

I had the same thought. He runs a 5.1 in pads. Running in pads is something that should be scrutinized more closely. Some barely lose any speed, some are much slower.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment

I didn't take pictures because I didn't want to be a creeper (even though I am an unabashed TBS'er) or get yelled at by someone.

Crisped for you
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

To show that I can be negative. Cory Fuavai is perhaps the most unathletic athlete ever.

If we're going to start bashing the players I'm out
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

It's almost like DWash doesn't suck. But he does.

He just sucks at all the nuances of the game
  • Options
    Yeah, Shane Bowman is absolutely yoked out of his mind. Good call @steelheader2
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Was Bowman the kid that dmc had put on CouchWatch '15?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Actually surprised Coleman ran a 4.6. Do the pads just make him look like a slug?

I had the same thought. He runs a 5.1 in pads. Running in pads is something that should be scrutinized more closely. Some barely lose any speed, some are much slower.
    never understood why they dont run the 40 in pads. It just makes too much sense. At the very least throw a helmet or shoulder pads on them instead of skin tight underwear.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Dwayne Washington and Kevin King are the two best athletes on the team. It just proves there is more to being a football player than athleticism. Maybe fundamentals, instincts, and toughness matter?

Yup, it really does speak to that. Obviously the physical attributes help, but great players are great because of the stuff you pointed out. One of my favorite things this staff preaches is "durability is more important than ability." It probably doesn't make sense to a lot of the players or couch watchers that JO over 40 speed, but it is 100% true.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

never understood why they dont run the 40 in pads. It just makes too much sense. At the very least throw a helmet or shoulder pads on them instead of skin tight underwear.
    That should be a reality. It's actually kind of ridiculous that it's not.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Depending on what happens with Ross, I wonder if the coaching staff is thinking about moving King to CB? He's a much better fit at FS but BB is there and Zeke Turner has seems to have the size to overtake him at SS.

Sounds like Dissly and Bowman are going to be the top 2 players at DT (E. Hudson's old position).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Depending on what happens with Ross, I wonder if the coaching staff is thinking about moving King to CB? He's a much better fit at FS but BB is there and Zeke Turner has seems to have the size to overtake him at SS.

Sounds like Dissly and Bowman are going to be the top 2 players at DT (E. Hudson's old position).

Jood reported that King told him that he was bouncing back and forth between CB and safety. King is tall and lean, quick, excellent jumper, isn't a great tackler. His measurables and playing style seem like a better fit at CB.

My guess is that King will be the first DB off the bench in sub packages. Jones and Kelly at CB. Baker and Turner at safety. King will be the top back up at S. I know Hale will factor in, but he was noticeably bad last year. I think he has a long way to go before being a dependable player.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    His did the linebackers look? I'm more worried about that group than the front line