Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Neuheisel selling the couch

2»

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Some of you fucktards need to go back and watch game tape, especially half time adjustments. A "terrible coach" would not have made those adjustments to win.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club

Some of you fucktards need to go back and watch game tape, especially half time adjustments. A "terrible coach" would not have made those adjustments to win.

I never said he was terrible. Just that he was far from very good and Seven did a better job at Washington than he did at UCLA.

Think about how you feel about Sark, now think if he'd done significantly worse. What would you call him?
  • Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248
    edited March 2015
    HuskyJW said:

His last game as coach was backing into the in the Pac 12 Championship Game as a dead man walking after a 50-0 curb-stomping by Lane Kiffin despite having all of the of 'awesome' players that Mora inherited

Doogles said:

I never said he was terrible. Just that he was far from very good and Seven did a better job at Washington than he did at UCLA.

Think about how you feel about Sark, now think if he'd done significantly worse. What would you call him?
    And Neu did a better job at Washington than your lover Seven, so what's your point?
    edited March 2015

Doogles said:

And Neu did a better job at Washington than your lover Seven, so what's your point?
    Point is a very good coach can build and sustain a program. He pushed the right buttons in 2000 and got herculean effort from tui to win a rose bowl.

After that, his best season was beating lambo in the holiday bowl. He left question marks at both CU and UW. UCLA was the job that would answer the haters. He didnt, he failed.

I was shocked bc I thought he would take over or at least compete with Carroll. I was wrong.

Remove your mouth from his cock Nega.
    edited March 2015
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Point is a very good coach can build and sustain a program. He pushed the right buttons in 2000 and got herculean effort from tui to win a rose bowl.

After that, his best season was beating lambo in the holiday bowl. He left question marks at both CU and UW. UCLA was the job that would answer the haters. He didnt, he failed.

I was shocked bc I thought he would take over or at least compete with Carroll. I was wrong.

Remove your mouth from his cock Nega.

Actually the RoseBowl win was more than ONE game worth of coaching. It is you who needs to remove Seven's cock from your tonsils. A horrible coach does not win most of those games. And saying he failed at UCLA is KimFS, especially given his QB situation. Mora didn't have the holes or gaps to fill and Rick let him a pretty decent parting gift in Hundly. Rick is so much better than Seven its DoogFS to even suggest otherwise. Facts are facts, and his 87-59 head coaching record speaks for itself. Let's not forget his Bowl record, with a 24-20 loss to #6 11-1 Kansas State and a loss to #5 Texas, 47-43, or mentioning he was the last coach to beat Oregon, because we all know Seven never got close.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    edited March 2015

He earned it. Better TV analyst than coach, IMHO...

He's a great TV personality, no question, but... better than he was as a coach?

He won a fucking Rose Bowl

He earned it. Better TV analyst than coach, IMHO...

He's a great TV personality, no question, but... better than he was as a coach?

He won a fucking Rose Bowl
    And helped ruin Colorado and UW. Also "stellar" at UCLA, with access to top recruits. I stand by my statement.
    Rick is one of the worst coaches ever to win a Rose Bowl. Sorry, I know some here can't look at that way but the Rose Bowl is a total aberration in his career. I'm very thankful of him for that and loved him when he was here but he is not a good coach.
    Agree with this and I don't know how anyone can objectively come to any other conclusion. Colorado and UW were both worse off after his time as HC. Most annoying for many Husky fans is that he quickly allowed the culture of physical toughness that had spanned the previous three head coaches and nearly four decades, to completely atrophy. His track record at UCLA also speaks for itself, not particularly good, he was fired for good reason.

I appreciate Rick's role in coaching UW to a Rose Bowl win, but IMO, the team itself was key. Tui was a significant cog in that machine, as a driven leader on and off of the field. The bad asses Lambo recruited deserve credit too. The difference in the games against Miami in 2000 and 2001 are all you need to see to understand this. I get a kick out of Rick as a analyst, I appreciate his continued support of UW, and I did enjoy the way he spun oregon up, but IMO, it's accurate to describe him as "not a good (head) coach".
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
    edited March 2015
    Tequilla said:

Corso is an embarrassment institution for College Football GameDay ... he's there until he decides he's had enough of it.

edited March 2015
    Nega what happened to you? I never said it was one game. The implication was tui's effort and heroic performance throughout the season was a big factor to a rose bowl championship.

Sevens tenure at UW was better than Rick's at UCLA. I think seven is a shit coach, I'm not the one getting emotional about a fact.

Then you go and make every doog excuse in the book:

Did you see how highly ranked the teams he lost in bowls to were? I mean gee he had to play TEXAS!

He had no QB! I mean he had been with the program for 4 years, but still not his fault. He was such a nice guy for saving a TRUE FRESHMAN (who left early anyway) for Mora.

He beat Mike Bellotti's Oregon! Nothing else matters!

Jesus Christ back to doogman with you.