Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biggins poops all over the LPT agenda

Apparently there was a big TBS camp over the weekend called Pylon. Greg Biggins reported that in all his years of covering these things, he's never heard so many elite-level athletes talking highly about UW (despite what Eklund reported every year Sark was here). He said many of these kids claimed UW coaches were recruiting them harder than anyone and almost all the kids UW is targeting are very high on UW at this point.

Of course none of this matters until next February but it's nice to hear that Pete is learning and adjusting.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    El Oh El at Pete learning and adjusting ...

Alpha players want to win ... plain and simple ...

Pete knows how to win ...

Players go play for winners ...

Not rocket science.
  • Options
    We're lucky KJV cares so much about Washington high school hoops
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Kids and parents may actually respond to the no bullshit attitude CP and Company have? IE, his record of when he makes an offer he doesn't yoink it. He doesn't play games. He tells kids/parents how it is and he expects the same from the kids.

I really wonder why players may gravitate towards that in todays world of constant BS by coaching staffs(cough cough sark).
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Kids and parents may actually respond to the no bullshit attitude CP and Company have? IE, his record of when he makes an offer he doesn't yoink it. He doesn't play games. He tells kids/parents how it is and he expects the same from the kids.

I really wonder why players may gravitate towards that in todays world of constant BS by coaching staffs(cough cough sark).

As I've said before, his recruiting style is very similar to Chip Kelly's, which was the exact opposite of Sark's (see Arik Armstead recruitment). This is a good thing
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I don't recall what style chipper had as I don't follow it all that much, especially for other schools. What did Chip do which was similar?
  • Options

I don't recall what style chipper had as I don't follow it all that much, especially for other schools. What did Chip do which was similar?

Made an offer special ... didn't offer 200 guys hoping people stuck ... was treated as a serious offer instead of some hype show ... never showed up to HS events in a party bus with drinks free flowing.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Made an offer special ... didn't offer 200 guys hoping people stuck ... was treated as a serious offer instead of some hype show ... never showed up to HS events in a party bus with drinks free flowing.
    To add:

Kelly: didn't accept a commitment until a kid visited campus and showed real interest in the school and program. Sold Oregon:s program to kids and parents by sitting down and explaining why Oregon was special. No dog and pony shows for recruits.

Compare that to Sark and his frat: Showing up at kids houses in UW helmets and barking like dogs. Calling commits of other schools and "proposing" to them. All American game party bus. Playing Madden on the huskytron. Selling the program with light shows, music, and PowerPoint presentations.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chip is a no nonsense guy, but Oregon recruited with plenty of sizzle that comes automatically from Nike, the uniforms, and facilities.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

To add:

Kelly: didn't accept a commitment until a kid visited campus and showed real interest in the school and program. Sold Oregon:s program to kids and parents by sitting down and explaining why Oregon was special. No dog and pony shows for recruits.

Compare that to Sark and his frat: Showing up at kids houses in UW helmets and barking like dogs. Calling commits of other schools and "proposing" to them. All American game party bus. Playing Madden on the huskytron. Selling the program with light shows, music, and PowerPoint presentations.
    If Sark did the same recruiting tactics as Kelly, would Sark have gotten any recruits?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Didn't Oregon make custom Jordan's for one of their recruits who was a known huge Air Jordan shoes fan?
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Didn't Oregon make custom Jordan's for one of their recruits who was a known huge Air Jordan shoes fan?

I remember that "incident" but it proved to just be rumor. Sounds like something Kim would have made up when he thought Oregon was getting the death penalty.