Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tony Parrish: The Last of the James Gang

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited August 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageTony Parrish: The Last of the James Gang

On August 31, hundreds of former Huskies will enter newly remodeled Husky Stadium, beholding this new era of Washington football. One of them will be former hard-hitting safety Tony Parrish. Lots of UW memories will run through his mind.

Read the full story here

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    There was an effort to bring an alumni reunion together during the season, because we've always done it in the spring," he said. "I think there was an opportunity lost. To do something for Idaho State was a miscalculation on multiple levels. The school should have recognized that you only have one opening of a stadium. There's no such thing as a soft opening; it's not like a restaurant. There should have been larger festivities to make it more of a more momentous occasion for the opening of the new Husky Stadium. Bringing together the past and the present. That was a lost opportunity on multiple levels."

That comment says so much. I recall Mario Bailey being upset at how the school handled honoring the 1991 team during the last Husky Stadium home game in 2011.

Now when you read this it just further illustrates what we've been saying all along that Pool Boy doesn't get it at all.

Having the alumni get together for Idaho State????!!! The fuck? Parrish is right they should have made a HUGE deal out of the opening game.

Yet another failure by pool boy.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Not a surprise that the AD would choose the Idaho State game for an Alumni event. The ineptitude would be mind boggling if it wasn't so frequent.

Not a surprise that the AD would choose the Idaho State game for an Alumni event. The ineptitude would be mind boggling if it wasn't so frequent.

I think the fact that none of us are even remotely surprised says a lot about Pool Boy. Like you said this should be mind boggling but it's expected with this moron who is obviously in over his head.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,272 Founders Club
    edited August 2013

There was an effort to bring an alumni reunion together during the season, because we've always done it in the spring," he said. "I think there was an opportunity lost. To do something for Idaho State was a miscalculation on multiple levels. The school should have recognized that you only have one opening of a stadium. There's no such thing as a soft opening; it's not like a restaurant. There should have been larger festivities to make it more of a more momentous occasion for the opening of the new Husky Stadium. Bringing together the past and the present. That was a lost opportunity on multiple levels."

That comment says so much. I recall Mario Bailey being upset at how the school handled honoring the 1991 team during the last Husky Stadium home game in 2011.

Now when you read this it just further illustrates what we've been saying all along that Pool Boy doesn't get it at all.

Having the alumni get together for Idaho State????!!! The fuck? Parrish is right they should have made a HUGE deal out of the opening game.

Yet another failure by pool boy.

Wow, just wow. Another stroke of brilliance by Woody. I haven't been following their plans for the opening game, but I assumed it would be the big show, with guys from the past being a big part of the opening festivities. But Woody picks Idaho freakin State? This smacks of a guy trying to pump up ticket sales for a game that shouldn't even be on the schedule. Very weak sauce.

By the way, does Parrish have any eligibility left? He looks like he could still do some serious damage on the field.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    They people in charge have no sense of tradition and how to connect to the past and how to relate it to the present. They just see it as it is today and do their jobs blindly. I would expect more from O.D. He should know better than to schedule this thing for the Idaho game. Also, the player should be treated like kings when the do show up. No 300 level seats in the corner. They should all be offered sideline passes or a suite. Simple fact.
  • IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    Maybe if Tony would have won or even played in a Rose Bowl he would have been invited back for the opener. :)
  • volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    good read. Parrish was always one of my favorite Huskies growing up.

The UW A.D. still doesn't get it. Why is this so hard? Seriously, these decisions they make are really odd....almost purposefully stupid it seems. FUCK.
    I would love to see how the Pool Boy supporters defend this move of stupidity.

To not have all the alumni back for the first game but instead against Idaho State I don't understand that move.

Moves like that, along with crazy Larry is why I have absolutely zero hope for this program if Sark is fired as long as Pool Boy remains as A.D.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Did the W Club have any say in this or did Scott find a game with the most cheap seats available?
  • 4321DAWGS4321DAWGS Member Posts: 98
    i do not think any of you can see what is going on. i could be wrong. woody and sark did not want the alumni game to be the boise state game because that would distract fans from their creation. they want all the focus and praise to be on them and their vision
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    4321DAWGS said:

i do not think any of you can see what is going on. i could be wrong. woody and sark did not want the alumni game to be the boise state game because that would distract fans from their creation. they want all the focus and praise to be on them and their vision

I think most understand that, but Idaho State? That's the problem.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    Looks like we have our own Bill Fleenor now
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    4321DAWGS said:

Great Captain Obvious insider post as always.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    4321DAWGS said:

Great read as always. Do you have time to share your thoughts on whether I should subscribe to Dish or Direct TV?

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    4321DAWGS said:

How exactly would that distract fans from their unveiling of the stadium? Is the game not going to be at the stadium? Are they not going to be at the stadium all afternoon and night? Fans will be in the stadium but will be distracted bc of some players on the sideline (which they can't see anyway)?