Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

An Apple a Day?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2015
    CMBTvet05 said:

HuskyInAZ said:

In your post, you quote Shaq, "no one listens to a nutritionist." Perhaps that should be your first clue. And based on the body types of last year's OL, I'm pretty sure they ignored the nutritionist as well.

Get the right type of player, they will heed the advice of the nutritionist and reap the benefits. But at the end of the day, they are 18-23 year olds. At that age, I'd have told a nutritionist to pound sand as well.

@HuskyInAZ I hear ya but i'm suggesting that nutrition can make such a huge difference in player development and performance that it should be treated like other aspects of training. Did Shaq decide to blow off practice or not watch film? No, because it's mandatory. At the very least they should have prepared meals 5 days a week during the season. It's an expense that is necessary.

Apparently there is some sort of nutrition plan and a nutritionist but think of it this way. Arguably your biggest impact player last year didn't figure out that veggies and proper nutrition helps performance until a few weeks ago after he leaves for the draft. This is a guy who was an all in hustle type of guy who never cut corners with training or preparation and he listened to the coaches and bought in to their program. That tells me that the nutritionalist and/or the nutrition program wasn't considered an important part of training or the football program which is a shame because it's such a basic part of athletic performance and development.
    Not sure where this is coming from. I never suggested that nutrition is not a huge deal. IMO, it is as important as strength and conditioning. My point is that we're talking about relatively entitled 18-23 year olds who have grown up with Big Macs and KFC. Tough to change their habits, particularly when they have some success in college.