Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Scott Woodward's Job: Keep UW Football Moving Forward

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited August 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageScott Woodward's Job: Keep UW Football Moving Forward

As the way Husky Stadium used to be fades into memory, a newly improved version awaits its debut on August 31. This is in thanks to UW AD Scott Woodward. But as HereToBeatMyChest pontificates, Woodward's job has only just begun.

Read the full story here

Comments

• IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    Great Read!!!!

I agree 100% with the story. It's nice to see a story that talks about the concerns about the Husky Program and where it is going without trying to sensationalize every little move Sark makes. It's not often I read views about Husky Football that I can say "Ditto" to. This is one. Nice to see a point of view that isn't from the "Dawgman" or "HHB" perspective.

I think this article is where the largest portion of HUSKY fans fall.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    IMALOSER_ said:

Great Read!!!!

I agree 100% with the story. It's nice to see a story that talks about the concerns about the Husky Program and where it is going without trying to sensationalize every little move Sark makes. It's not often I read views about Husky Football that I can say "Ditto" to. This is one. Nice to see a point of view that isn't from the "Dawgman" or "HHB" perspective.

I think this article is where the largest portion of HUSKY fans fall.

What is the HHB perspective. I'm curious. My guess is you don't get it.
    One of the two groups believes Sark can do no wrong.
    One of the two groups believes Sark can do no Right.

Most wanted Mora as head coach, as I did.

Sark cuts practice short. James would never do that. Mora did it this week as well.
    Sark integrates drills/competitions into spring game. James would never do that. Mora did it as well.

The HHB perspective is to take every little non-story, that most Husky Fans don't give a shit about, and try to make it out to be important. They take one stupid comment from a Dawgman moron and try to apply it to a large portion of the fan base.

Recruiting and development of OL is a concern.
    Special Teams play is a concern.
    Defense was a huge concern a couple years ago.
    Offensive output last year is a concern.
    Keith Price regression after Nuss leaving is a concern.
    Going on a cruise on Puget Sound..... who gives a fuck.
    What uniforms the team wears.....who gives a fuck.
    Whether Sark announces suspensions or not.....who gives a fuck.
    What Sark says to the media.....who gives a fuck.

Just win games!!! Don't try to justify losses, don't try to minimize wins. Stanford was a great win. LSU, Oregon, WSU and Arizona games are unacceptable.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    IMALOSER_ said:

Sark cuts practice short. James would never do that. Mora did it this week as well.
    Sark integrates drills/competitions into spring game. James would never do that. Mora did it as well.

The HHB perspective is to take every little non-story, that most Husky Fans don't give a shit about, and try to make it out to be important. They take one stupid comment from a Dawgman moron and try to apply it to a large portion of the fan base.

Just win games!!! Don't try to justify losses, don't try to minimize wins. Stanford was a great win. LSU, Oregon, WSU and Arizona games are unacceptable.

Sark's record says he does right just as often as he does wrong.

Hope this helps.
    edited August 2013
    Which is what most fans see. The two extremes are right 1/2 the time, I guess.

HTH
    IMALOSER_ said:

Yep, you don't get it.
    edited August 2013
    When Mora "cut practice short" are you referring to Monday when players were fighting and he made the team run sideline gassers for 30 minutes?

When Mora "cut practice short" are you referring to Monday when players were fighting and he made the team run sideline gasses for 30 minutes?

No one has ever accused you of being accurate. 10 minutes, 30 minutes.........

"Mora had the team run for 10 minutes, chewed out those involved in the altercation and lectured the team. He ordered players to huddle and left the field with most of his staff."

If Sark did the same thing half the morons on this site would be bitching that he cut practice short. They would call him a pussy for having a problem with players fighting. They would say he has lost control of the team.......blah, blah, blah.

That's my point. I don't care that Sark cut practice short and I don't care that Mora cut practice short. Some on here like to make it out to be a big thing.
    edited August 2013
    IMALOSER_ said:

When Mora "cut practice short" are you referring to Monday when players were fighting and he made the team run sideline gasses for 30 minutes?

"Mora had the team run for 10 minutes, chewed out those involved in the altercation and lectured the team. He ordered players to huddle and left the field with most of his staff."

If Sark did the same thing half the morons on this site would be bitching that he cut practice short. They would call him a pussy for having a problem with players fighting. They would say he has lost control of the team.......blah, blah, blah.

That's my point. I don't care that Sark cut practice short and I don't care that Mora cut practice short. Some on here like to make it out to be a big thing.
    Stop being a dumbass. Mora did exactly what I suggested Sark should have done. Instead he storms off to change his tampon.

bruinsnation.com/ucla-bruins-football-preason-2013/2013/8/13/4616890/day-5-evening-practice-starts-hot-ends-hotter-and-early
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    IMALOSER_ said:

Which is what most fans see. The two extremes are right 1/2 the time, I guess.

HTH

Disagree. Most fans see a guy who they still hope can be successful.

They don't see the evidence smacking them in the face.

IMALOSER_ said:

Stop being a dumbass. Mora did exactly what I suggested Sark should have done. Instead he storms off to change his tampon.

bruinsnation.com/ucla-bruins-football-preason-2013/2013/8/13/4616890/day-5-evening-practice-starts-hot-ends-hotter-and-early
    No disciplinary action against those involved? You end practice early and then give the players involved a get out of jail free card? No accountability, he is losing that team. Starting to resemble his time in Atlanta and Seattle where he lost both teams.

:)
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

No disciplinary action against those involved? You end practice early and then give the players involved a get out of jail free card? No accountability, he is losing that team. Starting to resemble his time in Atlanta and Seattle where he lost both teams.

:)
    Straw man much?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    But he doesn't like Sark
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2013
    The below is a small sample, but it's a good indicator. No one knows if the chances of success are a low 7%, but a look at history beyond the PAC suggests the chances are way less than 50/50. I said many times during his first year, Steve had to make his mark no later than 2012. He failed. There is no positive spin to recast the F grade.

"A poster on the Dawgman.com forum studied all the pac-10 coaches and how they performed if they did not win 9-10 games in their first four to five years. The study showed that if a coach didn’t win 10 games in his first 4 years then he had a 7% chance of winning 10 games in the future. "
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

The below is a small sample, but it's a good indicator. No one knows if the chances of success are a low 7%, but a look at history beyond the PAC suggests the chances are way less than 50/50. I said many times during his first year, Steve had to make his mark no later than 2012. He failed. There is no positive spin to recast the F grade.

"A poster on the Dawgman.com forum studied all the pac-10 coaches and how they performed if they did not win 9-10 games in their first four to five years. The study showed that if a coach didn’t win 10 games in his first 4 years then he had a 7% chance of winning 10 games in the future. "

How quickly did that thread get deleted or what was Kim, Eklund, F3 spin on that?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

How quickly did that thread get deleted or what was Kim, Eklund, F3 spin on that?
    The posted poasted it on a thread that was already 2-3 pages deep. I don't think many people saw it.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    Actually one post that I put up, "2012, The Year of Living Dangerously" was on the first page for a couple days and had several comments.

I got my ass ripped, but it was not deleted. This was in 2009 so saying we were screwed if we didn't have results by 2012 was not that objectionable to the dogboy staff. Mentioned were no blowouts, line develpment, toughness, discipline, etc and winning at least 9, 10 regular season games. This package won't be delivered this year either. (Nine games won't cut it for 2013.)