Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Tree vs Pups Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    but if we fire romar we risk losing everything!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    What is there to lose? All this passion?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dorsey 0-3 FG, 4 TOs, 3 Fouls, 0 pts. Nice.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dear christ. the roster is so dependent on one player that we go from marginal to worthless?

lifetime contract
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    LOL at Johnny Dawkins FS having to bring his starters back in
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My favorite part of every game we are down by 20 is when the announcers preach for 5+ minutes about how great a Coach Romar is. Then they usually show a graphic saying:

-Longest tenured Pac coach
    -3 time COY/conference champ
    -his overall record

If it is a home game this will happen in addition to them talking about how hard it was to play at Washington and reference the intimidation factor back in the day and how Romar will have the building rocking again no question. All while showing only 16 of the nerdiest students standing while their unattractive asian girlfriends stare at a calculator.

This shit has got to stop.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Tequilla, I agree with your opinions on Romar, but Upshaw is pretty fucking good. He's maybe not an All American, but he's probably the best big guy in the conference. And a big reason for him not being an All American (other than the fact he played half a season) is recognition. He could make a 2nd or 3rd team if he played for a basketball school.
  • Options
    Not trying to minimize Upshaw because he had an ability to cover holes on the roster ...

That being said, no team should be made or broken by one player. And IF that is to happen, it's got to be a player that is a difference maker on both sides of the court. Upshaw is a massive difference maker defensively. He's hit or miss offensively.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

@Tequilla, I agree with your opinions on Romar, but Upshaw is pretty fucking good. He's maybe not an All American, but he's probably the best big guy in the conference. And a big reason for him not being an All American (other than the fact he played half a season) is recognition. He could make a 2nd or 3rd team if he played for a basketball school.

Yeah, blame the media bias for Upshaw's deficiencies on the court. He's not an AA.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015

Yeah, blame the media bias for Upshaw's deficiencies on the court. He's not an AA.
    If Upshaw played at Kansas or Louisville he would make some AA teams. If UW was the top 15 team like they were ranked earlier this year, he might make it. For a mediocre team, no.

He doesn't score enough for first team. Okafor has that spot locked up, but Upshaw would make some second or third teams like Jeff Withey and Cole Aldrich were. He's the leading shot blocker in the country and averages 11 and 8, trending up with the increase in minutes. 12, 9, and 4.5 is worthy of some post season honors.
  • Options

If Upshaw played at Kansas or Louisville he would make some AA teams. If UW was the top 15 team like they were ranked earlier this year, he might make it. For a mediocre team, no.

He doesn't score enough for first team. Okafor has that spot locked up, but Upshaw would make some second or third teams like Jeff Withey and Cole Aldrich were. He's the leading shot blocker in the country and averages 11 and 8, trending up with the increase in minutes. 12, 9, and 4.5 is worthy of some post season honors.
    AAs don't get kicked off the team mid-season. AA's aren't one dimensional players (unless that dimension is scoring).

You were wrong about Miles, and now you're doubling down on Upshaw after being wrong again?

Give it up man.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

AAs don't get kicked off the team mid-season. AA's aren't one dimensional players (unless that dimension is scoring).

You were wrong about Miles, and now you're doubling down on Upshaw after being wrong again?

Give it up man.
    Good effort, good job. Obviously I know Upshaw isn't making an AA team.

Your dumbass was the one thy was wrong on Upshaw.

Fremont- "Don't you think of Upshaw was going to be a first round draft pick he would be listed somewhere on mock draft?"

RD- "nobody knows about him. He will be."

Weeks later he's the #1 ranked sophomore. We should bump that thread.
  • Options

Give it up man.

Fremont- "Don't you think of Upshaw was going to be a first round draft pick he would be listed somewhere on mock draft?"

And days later he's not playing basketball.

You suck at this.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Give it up man.

You suck at this.
    I only commented about his on court performance. Having more blocks than every other Pac 12 team is pretty good. So is averaging 12 and 9.5 in Pac 12 play. His skills are certainly first round worthy. If he was from Seattle, you'd slurp it right up. There has always been the "if he stays in line" caveat with Upshaw.
  • Options

Give it up man.

You suck at this.
    I only commented about his on court performance.
    This is a textbook example of the "if only" behavioral bias
  • Options

Give it up man.

You suck at this.
    I only commented about his on court performance. Having more blocks than every other Pac 12 team is pretty good. So is averaging 12 and 9.5 in Pac 12 play. His skills are certainly first round worthy. If he was from Seattle, you'd slurp it right up. There has always been the "if he stays in line" caveat with Upshaw.
    Try looking at the big picture and not just the select few items that fit your agenda.

Agendas are bad ya know.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015

Give it up man.

You suck at this.
    Try looking at the big picture and not just the select few items that fit your agenda.

Agendas are bad ya know.
    I don't even care that much. Your agenda has been that Upshaw isn't that good. I disagree. Upshaw's ability was evident when he played. He's the only reason the team was somewhat improved from the previous season.