Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vernon Adams to Oregon?

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Oregon is signing him to keep him away from UW

[Deleted User] liked your post.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The whole idea is pretty damn interesting really. I'd be real curious to see how he'd do at Oregon and how they'd use him...also whether he'd even win the #1 job.

I've only seen Adams play twice, against OSU in 2013 and against UW. He was fuckin spectacular both times. He was able to elude a pretty decent UW defense for the most part and have an almost perfect game throwing the ball. Some of his best throws were on plays he created with his legs.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Mosster47 said:

beelzebub said:

you know this board has jumped the sark when Mosster is voice of reason.

Always have been. Doog hope is such a sweet jewel though. I like to hoard it like the Hebrews do with diamonds. Then I let just a little out to keep demand high.
    Always about the Hebrews
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,142
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

If I'm Adams, I'd only transfer if I'm guaranteed a starting position. He's only 6' 190 lbs and caught the Huskies at the right time as they were changing defenses and the secondary was a mess (not helped by Peters going psycho, getting a 15 yard penalty to keep a drive alive, and getting benched).

He threw some impressive dimes in Husky Stadium but if Mariota got banged up in Oregon's offense at 6'4" 215 lbs, how will a guy do who is 4 inches shorter and 25 lbs lighter? He's more like Keith Price and KP was never able to make it through a full Pac-12 season without getting beaten up...much different than Eastern's schedule.

But maybe he doesn't have to be guaranteed because what does it say about Oregon's QBs on the roster if one guy will be a RS-Soph (Lockie) and one will be a RS-Frosh (Morgan M.) if they are trying to bring in Adams from EWU? Maybe it's not only a matter of talent but depth too.

And now the obligatory "either way it will be interesting".

How many games did Mariota miss? Stupid fucking doogs act like QBs only get dinged in "Oregon's offense". Mariota started all 41 games at Oregon.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,142
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

From Adams perspective which offense would be best situated for his success next season????
    UW, EWU or UO

No brainer.

EWU has the best OL.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Vernon Adams is a baller. But I think it is too easy for people to say that he will be amazing like he was at EWU.

If you watch his games he makes a ton of really bad plays that make you scratch your head. The system they run at EWU is not the same as UO, it is way more similar to WSU than UO. They throw the ball a ton and it is a great producer of QB numbers. Beau Baldwin is a fantastic coach in that regard.

If you are going to run Adams, he is going to get hurt. He will cramp at some point and become a non-threat on the ground during games.

If they have him sitting in the pocket and throwing dimes then he will be pretty successful. Oregon is loaded with talent, so as long as they rely on their ground game and short passing they should be fine. But I just think people need to pump the brakes a bit out there.

I think he will be good, but I agree. He will be playing in a new offense and playing in the PAC 12 is a lot different than the Big Sky.

He will have good WR's and god RB's which should help. It's a big pick up by Oregon, but I agree about the need to LIPO.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2015
    So...are you saying he didn't get banged up in Oregon's read-option offense?

While you untwist your panties about your boyfriend, allow me:

Mariota injured his knee against UCLA in 2013, had 12 days to recover, and then re-injured it again vs. Stanford:

usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/11/11/oregon-ducks-marcus-mariota-knee-injury/3502901/

Scott Frost says here that Mariota got banged up in the WSU game and then wasn't 100% in the home loss to Arizona:

nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000404619/article/marcus-mariota-oregon-falter-at-home-in-loss-to-arizona

And finally, Mariota took numerous hits in the running game and when trying to throw the ball against tOSU:

collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/25/marcus-mariota-admits-to-sprained-ac-joint-injury-vs-buckeyes/

But again, my main point wasn't about Mariota...it was that Vernon Adams is likely to get more banged up in the same offense than Mariota did since he is 4" shorter and 25 pounds lighter.

dtd said:

HFNY said:

If I'm Adams, I'd only transfer if I'm guaranteed a starting position. He's only 6' 190 lbs and caught the Huskies at the right time as they were changing defenses and the secondary was a mess (not helped by Peters going psycho, getting a 15 yard penalty to keep a drive alive, and getting benched).

He threw some impressive dimes in Husky Stadium but if Mariota got banged up in Oregon's offense at 6'4" 215 lbs, how will a guy do who is 4 inches shorter and 25 lbs lighter? He's more like Keith Price and KP was never able to make it through a full Pac-12 season without getting beaten up...much different than Eastern's schedule.

But maybe he doesn't have to be guaranteed because what does it say about Oregon's QBs on the roster if one guy will be a RS-Soph (Lockie) and one will be a RS-Frosh (Morgan M.) if they are trying to bring in Adams from EWU? Maybe it's not only a matter of talent but depth too.

How many games did Mariota miss? Stupid fucking doogs act like QBs only get dinged in "Oregon's offense". Mariota started all 41 games at Oregon.
    dtd said:

HFNY said:

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

He was already on the best football program in the state of Washington.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,492
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

If they were, they would've won on the field this year.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Taller qb's don't get injured???... check.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Size has very little to do with a QB getting injured. Adams is probably more compact than Mariota anyways, so I'm not sure that is a good point. Adams could get hurt, or he won't. It's football. Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Mosster47 said:

If they were, they would've won on the field this year.
    The better team lost that day.

Mike Bellotti
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

beelzebub said:

you know this board has jumped the sark when Mosster is voice of reason.

Always have been. Doog hope is such a sweet jewel though. I like to hoard it like the Hebrews do with diamonds. Then I let just a little out to keep demand high.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    You clearly have a simple mind so did you go to the JC we know as Oregon? A bigger frame usually means more weight and generally bigger / stronger QBs are less likely to get injured.

And as RoadDawg mentioned, genetics are also a factor as some guys are simply more injury prone than others. If Adams is prone to cramping, a HUNH read-option offense would be the worst offense for him outside of Paul Johnson's triple option. 6' 190 lbs, a step-up in competition, and prone to cramping? Yikes.

Taller qb's don't get injured???... check.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    I wouldn't say very little but I agree with you that some of it genetics and there's also some luck involved.

However, I wouldn't call Adams compact at 6' 190....Russell Wilson is compact at about 5'10 1/2" and 206 lbs. Adams has a slight build more like Keith Price.

Size has very little to do with a QB getting injured. Adams is probably more compact than Mariota anyways, so I'm not sure that is a good point. Adams could get hurt, or he won't. It's football. Either way it will be interesting.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    my simple mind is telling me the #2 team in the country wants Vernon Adams to come lead their team next season and they think he's perfect for what they like to run.

I think it may also be time for you to change your tampon.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    If Chip Kelly was still at Oregon, this attempt would get the benefit of the doubt. But he's not and makes one wonder how bad Lockie and Mahalak are.

As for your panties, why are they so in bunch simply because people are questioning if Helfrich is getting desperate? OTOH and looking at it from another angle, maybe Helfrich wants to ride Adams as long as he can and then if he gets injured, only then does he have to turn to Lockie or Mahalak.

Personally and as someone else said, I think he'd be a better fit in an Air Raid type offense since he'd probably last longer.

my simple mind is telling me the #2 team in the country wants Vernon Adams to come lead their team next season and they think he's perfect for what they like to run.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HFNY said:

If Chip Kelly was still at Oregon, this attempt would get the benefit of the doubt. But he's not and makes one wonder how bad Lockie and Mahalak are.

As for your panties, why are they so in bunch simply because people are questioning if Helfrich is getting desperate? OTOH and looking at it from another angle, maybe Helfrich wants to ride Adams as long as he can and then if he gets injured, only then does he have to turn to Lockie or Mahalak.

Personally and as someone else said, I think he'd be a better fit in an Air Raid type offense since he'd probably last longer.

With the receiving talent Oregon is bringing back next year, the offense might have a lot more air raid to it. I know they have Tyner and Freeman, but they'll have Allen, Stanford, Carrington, Marshall, and Addison from injury. Oregon has so much wealth on the outside, they can't ingore it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    That is true, would love to have Oregon's WRs talent / depth.

HFNY said:

With the receiving talent Oregon is bringing back next year, the offense might have a lot more air raid to it. I know they have Tyner and Freeman, but they'll have Allen, Stanford, Carrington, Marshall, and Addison from injury. Oregon has so much wealth on the outside, they can't ingore it.