Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vernon Adams (EWU)

For next Oregon QB. Someone tell me what I'm missing here--seems like a no brainer. Runs a similar system. Is a fucking baller. Oregon>EWU in every single way possible for the kid. I rather have him than Braxton Miller.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He would be good, but you know it won't happen. Biggins says Travis Waller has the highest ceiling of any QB in the West. Either start him, or hold the fort with Lockie and/or Mahallak or whatever the fuck his name is for a year before Waller takes over.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If Lockie is the starter I won't watch a fucking game. 6-6 at best, including an opening week loss to EWU (pellum tryna stop that offense? lol).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

If Lockie is the starter I won't watch a fucking game. 6-6 at best, including an opening week loss to EWU (pellum tryna stop that offense? lol).

You can run Freeman and Tyner to 8 wins. Your WR's will get you another win. No way you go 6-6.
  • Options
    People underestimate how bad Lockie is. Dude can't even field a fuckin snap without pissin down his leg
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

Voted down for lying
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    ntxduck said:

People underestimate how bad Lockie is. Dude can't even field a fuckin snap without pissin down his leg

He did take a hell of a shot in the national championship. I thought he was going to get knocked out cold
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If Lockie is the best thing on the roster next year then I'm becoming a Buckeye fan.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

ntxduck said:

Voted down for lying
    True...I will tune in simply for the train wreck factor. And I'll fade the shit outta the Ducks online until Vegas smarts up by October.
  • Options

He would be good, but you know it won't happen. Biggins says Travis Waller has the highest ceiling of any QB in the West. Either start him, or hold the fort with Lockie and/or Mahallak or whatever the fuck his name is for a year before Waller takes over.

I have a buddy that always coaches at The Opening and he was telling me Mahalak has the best feet of any high school passer he has seen and because of that he always puts the ball where it needs to be. He's plenty fast enough to be a running threat as well.

With Oregon having the best group or RB's and WR's in the conference in 2015 I would be shocked if he isn't the starter. Waller's throwing motion is very similar to Miley Cyrus'.
  • Options
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Good call, NTX... Only thing I would say is that the EWU system is not like UO's system. Baldwin runs an air raid basically at EWU.
  • Options

Good call, NTX... Only thing I would say is that the EWU system is not like UO's system. Baldwin runs an air raid basically at EWU.

He can adjust. The Ducks pass a lot more in running situations than they did under Chip.

EWIWBI
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

He can adjust. The Ducks pass a lot more in running situations than they did under Chip.

EWIWBI
    Yeah, I don't doubt he can. I saw where he still has to graduate though so he will be missing spring ball and not arriving until August. The potential reward with him is worth it though.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Mosster47 said:

I have a buddy that always coaches at The Opening and he was telling me Mahalak has the best feet of any high school passer he has seen and because of that he always puts the ball where it needs to be. He's plenty fast enough to be a running threat as well.

With Oregon having the best group or RB's and WR's in the conference in 2015 I would be shocked if he isn't the starter. Waller's throwing motion is very similar to Miley Cyrus'.
    Disagree. I saw some videos on that kid (and even attended this year's Opening at Nike) and while he has an odd motion he puts MUCH more zip on the ball than Miley. Appears to be more accurate too. You can have an unconventional throwing motion, Phillip Rivers comes to mind, and still be effective. There's also the possibility that Oregon can tweak his motion enough by the time he's ready for prime time (e.g. 2016 season) so that could help too.

On the subject of Miley, it's pretty obvious by now his throws will always suck. Weird motion + no arm strength = bad situation.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    Standard Supporter
    It would be hilarious if Vernon Adams gave up his final year of eligibility at EWU (where I believe he would have a good chance at being looked at in the NFL if he had a great year), only to be beaten out by Lockie or Mahalacakak and rode the bench all year
  • Options
    If he has a good chance at being in the NFL at EWU, Lockie definitely isn't beating him out. Lockie wouldn't beat out a kid with CFL backup ceiling. Garbage.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

Mosster47 said:

Disagree. I saw some videos on that kid (and even attended this year's Opening at Nike) and while he has an odd motion he puts MUCH more zip on the ball than Miley. Appears to be more accurate too. You can have an unconventional throwing motion, Phillip Rivers comes to mind, and still be effective. There's also the possibility that Oregon can tweak his motion enough by the time he's ready for prime time (e.g. 2016 season) so that could help too.

On the subject of Miley, it's pretty obvious by now his throws will always suck. Weird motion + no arm strength = bad situation.
    Waller has some upside. But the kid also only completed 54% of his passes at the high school level. If you asked a magic 8 ball the answer would be Outlook cloudy. Ask again later.

If Oregon had any faith in what they have at QB, they wouldn't be chasing one-and-dones. Although I'm curious to see what Malhalak can do in the spring game.
  • Options

It would be hilarious if Vernon Adams gave up his final year of eligibility at EWU (where I believe he would have a good chance at being looked at in the NFL if he had a great year), only to be beaten out by Lockie or Mahalacakak and rode the bench all year

AJ Feeley rode the pine to Joey Harrington and went on to have a pretty decent NFL career. Matt Cassel comes to mind as well behind Leinart. If you can ball the NFL knows it.
  • Options
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter