Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stanford Thread

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is torture. Why the fuck did I choose Washington? I should have been a banana slug. I'm so done.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Coach Ro' needs to tell Jernard never to dribble under any circumstance. Tell him it's like playing ultimate frisbee
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I fucking hate Nastic on Stanford. I want Upshaw to go Kermit Washington on him.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    What a gag job
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huge foul call on the over the back. Hit these Upshaw.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If you want to be a PG of a major D1 team (or even in the NBA), you can't miss front end of 1 and 1's with 10 seconds left in the game.

If a coach calls a timeout with 7 seconds left in the game and you have a big that struggles in screen and roll situations moving his feet, you may want to either sub him out of the game or go zone out of the timeout because it's pretty fucking predictable what the play will be.

If it's not even further obvious after that play works to get you to OT that Stanford is going to milk the screen and roll every chance that they can, then you're FS.

And if your offense in OT is so FS that I can go watch a high quality pickup game and see people with a better idea of how to create a shot ... then you should have to walk back to Seattle from the Farm.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Fucking Shaq at the line
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    BayDawg said:

Huge gag job.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

If you want to be a PG of a major D1 team (or even in the NBA), you can't miss front end of 1 and 1's with 10 seconds left in the game.

If a coach calls a timeout with 7 seconds left in the game and you have a big that struggles in screen and roll situations moving his feet, you may want to either sub him out of the game or go zone out of the timeout because it's pretty fucking predictable what the play will be.

If it's not even further obvious after that play works to get you to OT that Stanford is going to milk the screen and roll every chance that they can, then you're FS.

And if your offense in OT is so FS that I can go watch a high quality pickup game and see people with a better idea of how to create a shot ... then you should have to walk back to Seattle from the Farm.

Romar sucks, but that play was on Upshaw. He's 7 foot. He can challenge a jumper. Give Randle a little space so he doesn't blow by.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BayDawg said:

Huge gag job.

Free pub!!111!
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

NWG misses the front end of a 1 and 1. Guaranteed 1st round material. All conference player.

Fuck off.

So you're saying first round picks never miss free throws?

And I don't actually think Goss is a first rounder, don't twist.
    Are you REALLY comparing Wroten and Goss?

No.

I'm poonting out how fucktarded it is to tie Goss' draft status to his free throw shooting.

The NBA doesn't draft free throw percentages.
    When you're a marginal player like NWG, your margin for error is much different than a player like Wroten.

Can't shoot from outside, can't make TUFF FTs. But he leads the team in TOs tonight. So that's nice.
  • Options
    That's what you drew up out of the timeout?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2015
    Fucking school must have a 50 billion endowment and their mascot is some douche in a $17 paper mache tree. Plus their band wears those stupid straw hats.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fuck.

Hell of a Sark losing streak.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cant wait till NWG goes early to the NBA KFC
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm surprised I'm surprised, but A decent coach wins this game by double digits.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    NWG confused by a zone defense. Leads to TO.

#FloorGeneral
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Romar sucks, but that play was on Upshaw. He's 7 foot. He can challenge a jumper. Give Randle a little space so he doesn't blow by.
    All you have to do is watch any amount of games where Upshaw has been asked to move his feet and at the same time respect the big man playing pick and pop and see that he sucks at it. The saving grace for him in college hoops is most bigs can't effectively shoot from 17 feet. Stanford has a few bigs that can do that.

And you can't if you are Upshaw completely give Randle space because the high ball screen leads into him shooting a 3 for the win in that example. You can't give up a clean 3 when up 2. Period.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,119
    Founders Club
    I lead a miserable and pathetic life, and even I don't have time for this shit.