Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Brief history lesson for those of you who think college football history started in 2015

National championships by conference during the playoff era (1998 season to present):

SEC: 9 (1998, 2003, 2006-2012)
ACC: 2 (1999, 2013)
Big 12: 2 (2000, 2005)
Big East (RIP): 1 (2001)
Big Ten: 1 (2002)
Pac-10/12: 1 (2004)

But go on and tell me how the B1G or Pac-12 catching up to the ACC for a distant second place suddenly means the SEC sucks.

Comments

• Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Stop living in the past.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    droggins said:

Stop living in the past.

Quook post of the day.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The problem is/was you guys sucked off the Mississippi's, LSU, said Arkansas at 2-6 was better than Stanford, etc. Very few are saying the SEC sucks.

Before the year, I was in complete agreement. The SEC was great. This year Alabama was down a little and the rest of the conference was mediocre. You were sucking off the Mississippi schools and saying the SEC had three of the best four teams.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    More big black dudes are born in the south = SEC SEC SEC SEC
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2015
    2011: Two SEC teams played each other. Seems fair.

2012: Ohio St goes undefeated but gets shut out.

2007: Two loss SEC team wins NC. How many two loss teams win national championships?

SEC teams play Jackoff State, Troy, SW Carolina Trade School OOC plus only 8 conference games

There were already some doubts.

• Options

The problem is/was you guys sucked off the Mississippi's, LSU, said Arkansas at 2-6 was better than Stanford, etc. Very few are saying the SEC sucks.

Before the year, I was in complete agreement. The SEC was great. This year Alabama was down a little and the rest of the conference was mediocre. You were sucking off the Mississippi schools and saying the SEC had three of the best four teams.

Arkansas is better than Stanford.

The 6th and 8th best divisions in football are playing for the national title:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2014/conference/

Doogs like you hate facts, as always.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015

I can at least see what's going on with my own eyes to the quality of play instead of basically being a Rece Davis parrot about the SEC. Gary Danielson is less of an SEC homer than you.

I said the Mississippi's were frauds and that the only reason they were having good seasons was the rest of the conference declining. I said Alabama was down. I was right. You were wrong. I never said the SEC sucked and was in complete agreement before the year. I just didn't stick to that script like a fucktard until the very end.
  • Options

2011: Two SEC teams played each other. Seems fair.

2012: Ohio St goes undefeated but gets shut out.

2007: Two loss SEC team wins NC. How many two loss teams win national championships?

SEC teams play Jackoff State, Troy, SW Carolina Trade School OOC plus only 8 conference games

There were already some doubts.

It was the same system for every conference.

The 2011 scenario was bullshit, I'll give you that one. I still think LSU beats anyone else that they would have played, but we'll never know.
  • Options

I can at least see what's going on with my own eyes to the quality of play instead of basically being a Rece Davis parrot about the SEC. Gary Danielson is less of an SEC homer than you.

I said the Mississippi's were frauds and that the only reason they were having good seasons was the rest of the conference declining. I said Alabama was down. I was right. You were wrong. I never said the SEC sucked and was in complete agreement before the year. I just didn't stick to that script like a fucktard until the very end.
    The SEC was down this year.

So was everyone else.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015

4th and 5th. But still.
  • Options

4th and 5th. But still.
    I posted before the update from yesterday's games. I'm surprised they jumped that much, but it's close because everyone sucks.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    As a comment, Sagarin changed his formula last year and now way to much is dependent on margin of victory. For example, Florida state is 18 at 13-1, Clemson is 13 at 10-3. Fsu schedule is 22 while Clemson is 49. First, I don't like FSU, but saying they are not a top 10 team is fucktarded. Second, why would Clemson be ranked higher?

Anyways, I used to like his rankings and thought they were pretty fair. Not anymore.
  • Options
    IrishDuck22IrishDuck22 Member Posts: 17
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    Football started for me in 2014 on the exact day my two dads started their loyalty to #MyDucks 20 years ago.
  • Options
    JaveJave Member Posts: 43
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    Wish I still had the pic, but Sagarin had Moores BSU team listed as having the 8th most difficult schedule in football at one point. Yea, the same schedule that had Colorado State, Air Force, Wyoming, New Mexico, BYU, Fresno State, Nevada, and Georgia, the only decent program for the entire year. After that I ignored Sagarin, can't take him seriously.