Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Playoffs?

SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
My predictions from shit tier games to good games -

Carolina/Arizona - Who cares?

Cincinnati/Indy - Cinci is better on paper but Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton in the playoffs is a sure loss.

Detroit/Dallas - I thought this would be a pretty good game with Detroit's D-line vs. Dallas O-line. Without Suh though Dallas will run on Detroit. Stafford on the road and Jim Caldwell is also a sure loss in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh/Baltimore - Ahh finally a great game! Big rivalry games are always fun in the playoffs. Baltimore is really good, 5th in DVOA in fact. I kinda like them in this game especially now that Le'Veon Bell is hurt.

Thoughts???

Comments

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Carolina/Arizona: Carolina.

Cincinatti/Indy: Both teams are frauds. I'll predict the Bunglas get off the schneid.

Detroit/Dallas: Dallas

Pittsburgh/Baltimore: Pittsburgh if Bell can play. Baltimore otherwise.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2014
    Pittsburgh rushed for 30 yards against cincy and won last week. Pittsburgh has also owned this rivalry in the playoffs going 3-0 all time in playoff games against Baltimore, they are also 6-0 in games after December against Baltimore since 2008. Even with Bell injured, Pittsburgh is the smart money.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pittsburgh rushed for 30 yards against cincy and won last week. Pittsburgh has also owned this rivalry in the playoffs going 3-0 all time in playoff games against Baltimore, they are also 6-0 in games after December against Baltimore since 2008. Even with Bell injured, Pittsburgh is the smart money.

It's not just Bell's rushing yards. He's also their 2nd best receiver after Brown. 83 catches for 854 yards is very, very good for a RB. Most receiving yards, 2nd in receptions. He's one of the best players in the NFL.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bell is the only true workhorse back in the NFL. He'll be my first round pick for next years fantasy team. Huge loss if he can't suit up.

Dumervill and Suggs will tee off on big ben without Bell.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Bell is the most valuable player in the league. He won't win the award, but he's the best player in the league IMO and definitely the most irreplaceable.

Carolina
    Cincy
    Dallas
    Baltimore
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The season is over for the NFC

I still don't trust the Patriots so the AFC season will continue until the Super Bowl loser is identified in the AFC championship game
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Bell is an absolute stud. Pittsburgh this time of the year finds a way to beat Baltimore (I know, until they don't). I think they do regardless, now the following week against Denver, Pittsburgh might have achance, because Peyton has been close to dogshit the last 4-5 weeks. If they have to play New England at all, it will get ugly fast. Pittsburgh has a great chance of beating anybody but New England, with or without Bell. Even with Bell, Pittsburgh would get stompped by New England.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2014
    Detroit/Dallas / Dallas wins this one by 7+. They're playing really good football lately and I think that continues against Detroit

Arizona/Carolina / Carolina and it won't be close in this one either. Arizona gimped into the playoffs and they'll be gimping out quick with their 3rd QB. Stop relying on old QBs Arizona, just stop it.

Baltimore/Pittsburgh / Pittsburgh simply by virtue that Big Ben doesn't take 'no' for an answer. Look for Baltimore to try and smack him up a little and for Ben to rape them back for trying.

Cincinatti/Baltimore / Indianapolis; Chuck Pagano is the best coach on the field and will call whatever it takes to win, but enough on that. I don't know when the last time a ginger QB won a playoff game so a lot is on the line for Dalton, which gives me confidence his team will fail him. Further the Bengals have been battling and losing also to the crud these last few weeks. I imagine the families they have to feed are dealing with that too so t's and p's to them.

Tequila long;didn't read:
    Visiting teams go home and home teams to hit the road next week
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Dallas wins a close one
    Carolina beats the cards rather easily
    Indy beats CIN on a late FG
    Pit wins a shootout
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes