Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dallas

HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
They matchup ok with the Hawks but I don't see what others are seeing.

They've beaten no one. Redskins? A Colts team with nothing to play for who tanked it. Beat Philly on the road after Seattle softened them up.

They are the 6th best team in DVOA and SRS. Their defense is 20th in SRS and 24th in DVOA.

When they beat the Hawks, Chancellor was out and Wagner and Maxwell got hurt in the second quarter. Also, the offense was a total disaster with the bubble screens to Harvin and Lynch only getting a few carries.

Even if Dallas can score 20, how the fuck would their shitty defense hold the Hawks under 20?

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I like Dallas to beat Detroit ... which is huge for the Hawks.

I don't think that Dallas will win 2 games in Seattle ... but they worry me just a little more than Green Bay does because I do think that defensively they can pose more problems for us while offensively their willingness to stick with the run is greater than that of Green Bay and is what is needed to beat Seattle.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2014
    The Seahawks will do enough to keep themselves under 20, Dallas doesn't have to do anything. Problem for Dallas is that I don't see them scoring more than 13-14 the next time they play in Seattle. The Seattle defense is back to last year's form. Seahawks will win it all and bring a 2nd NFL title to the city of Seattle, which doesn't deserve it.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    They aren't getting past Green Bay, so this thread is dumb.

Bonus stupidity: Dallas beating Detroit doesn't really help Seattle. Seattle is going to plunger DET/CAR/ARI in the divisional round.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I could see Dallas beating Green Bay. They can run on them.
  • Options

Bonus stupidity: Dallas beating Detroit doesn't really help Seattle. Seattle is going to plunger DET/CAR/ARI in the divisional round.

Would prefer to not have to deal with Detroit ... they are just dangerous enough to be a matchup problem for Seattle with Stafford potentially blacking out and Megatron being Megatron.

This Seattle team isn't as dominant as last year's team IMO (although it may be moreso defensively). Fortunately Green Bay/Dallas isn't as good as San Francisco.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

DET can exploit the Seahawks Oline more than any other playoff team
    That game has 16-13 written all over it
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dallas is the only team I want to avoid. They have a good OL. Actually, their whole offense is good, QB, RB, OL, WR, TE. Pro bowlers at each spot.

They can score the 20+ points it will take to beat the Seahawks. Green Bay can too, but their OL is pretty bad. For some reason they don't worry me.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    CHRIST. If Seattle can't plunger rape Detroit on a Saturday night after a bye week, they don't deserve to win the NFC again.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

CHRIST. If Seattle can't plunger rape Detroit on a Saturday night after a bye week, they don't deserve to win the NFC again.

Detroit will beat themselves. Dallas has a lot of confidence which makes them dangerous in my opinion. A first round exit could change that. As always
  • Options
    Dallas doesn't worry me after 2 slugfests against the NFC North when the Hawks will be tanned, rested, and ready after a bye and then the Carolina/Arizona dreckfest game.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Dallas is the only team I want to avoid. They have a good OL. Actually, their whole offense is good, QB, RB, OL, WR, TE. Pro bowlers at each spot.

They can score the 20+ points it will take to beat the Seahawks. Green Bay can too, but their OL is pretty bad. For some reason they don't worry me.

Dallas should be more concerned about getting by Dallas than any other opponent. Dallas has one playoff win since 1998, and they have a propencity to beat themselves when the season is on the line. I have as much faith in Dallas' big game composure as I did Florida St. in the 90's in close games vs. the Canes.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Future Seahawk Suh is suspended so DeMarco will run for 150+ I bet romosexual tries to go all game to Dez on the left side if they play...which is disaster. I don't see any one touching the mehawks at home. And that's depressing
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Jim Caldwell still in the NFL?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Dallas peaked at the perfect time. Tough out for anyone featuring a punishing O Line and downhill ground game. But Dallas always seems to fuck it up...so there is that...
  • Options
    The road to Seattle for Dallas goes through GB.
    If Dallas even makes it to Seattle (if the Seahawks make the NFCCG of course) after winning in Seattle earlier in the season I'd be pretty worried.
    I doubt they make it to Seattle, if Detroit gets good Stafford on Sunday I believe Detroit wins (big if) and even then GB just seems like a terrible matchup for them with their defense
  • Options
    GB is an easier out for the Seahawks IMO than Dallas is.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    I'm even more confident GB beats them pretty handily barring a superhuman performance from murray