Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This just in re Jake Browning!

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2014

This just confirms that Biffins is a fucktard just like the rest of them, and y'all need to stop slobbing his knob.

This. I'm sure he's a nice guy and he does a good job interacting with customers, but this just shows he's a total fucktard. He uses TBS camps, most of which are without pads, for his rankings.
    You guys are being whiny little bitches on this.

This is one of the deepest years in California for QBs in a long long time. The top8 Ca QBs are high level prospects.

They have JB 6th in the state right now (Donald Jones had a post here where he rated JB 4th). Rosen (UCLA) Barnett (Alabama) are obviously better 5star elite prospects. Brady White (ASU) Ricky Town (SC) Travis Waller(Oregon) are right there with Browning. I actually think the duck QB is over-rated, as he seems to be rated all on athletic upside, but has a very broken delivery. Either way - 3rd vs 6th - cry me a river. They are all 4stars, have been the entire time. Shades of gray picking between those 4 QBs.

Browning is also rated above Sherion Jones (Florida) and Sam Darnold (USC). Just an incredibly deep year for QBs in California with all top 8 guys rated 4 stars and going to top national programs. It's not like Scout had Browning as some unrated 3star nobody.

Huffman does NorCal, I'm sure he saw Browning and that's why he rated him a 4star QB a while ago.
    It has nothing to do with where Browning is ranked. I don't give a shit where he's ranked or how he compares to those other QB's. It has to do with the fickleness of recruiting by these experts.

Browning has a good championship game and Biggins is now all about Browning. Of Browning played poorly, he probably would have dropped.

Browning was punished rankings wise for not going to the camps run by Biggins' employer. Now he's going to rise because Biggins finally saw him play and he played well. It's not because Browning shattered records all season long. It's because Biggins finally saw him play.

The guys who attend TBS camps and do well in no pads setting, shoot up the rankings. The guys who always text and return Biggins and Huffman's calls get preferential treatment. If it's a close call between two players, the one that has given the Scout TBSers more access and attended the right camps gets the nod. You are fucking naive to think this doesn't play a part in the rankings.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    edited December 2014
    What fickleness? Someone at scout, though not Biggins apparently, rated Browning a 4star top 150 player well over a year ago.

I ageee with the general complaint you have about the system, I 100% agreed with it on the safety from Steliacroom. I don't see how that complaint applies to Browning unless you really really care that he is rated a 4star top 100 instead of a four star top 150, which you said you don't give a shit about...Allegedly
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I'm sticking with #2 player overall as reported in USA Today.

It's MUCH easier to project Off-Season consensus natty's this way.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

"Browning didn't want to compete"

Screams red flag

Well documented arm-prone-to-fatigue problem as well.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,725 Swaye's Wigwam

What fickleness? Someone at scout, though not Biggins apparently, rated Browning a 4star top 150 player well over a year ago.

I ageee with the general complaint you have about the system, I 100% agreed with it on the safety from Steliacroom. I don't see how that complaint applies to Browning unless you really really care that he is rated a 4star top 100 instead of a four star top 150, which you said you don't give a shit about...Allegedly

Browning was the #6 QB in the country last year and in the Top 100 (in the 80s) after his Junior season.

Scout dropped him because he didn't compete in the summer circuits despite not getting worse or anyone else getting significantly better.

RoadDawg is right.
    edited December 2014
    My point exactly he's been a highly rated 4-star the entire time.

If you are complaining about the travesty of being 6th vs 12th or 80th vs 140th, that is some doog shit and you should probably DIAFF. But RD doesn't give a shit about rankings, he said so.

Disagree on no one getting better, this was an exceptionally deep year in California and the top8 Californians are 4 or 5star QBs going to big programs.

My point exactly he's been a highly rated 4-star the entire time.

If you are complaining about the travesty of being 6th vs 12th or 80th vs 140th, that is some doog shit and you should probably DIAFF. But RD doesn't give a shit about rankings, he said so.

Disagree on no one getting better, this was an exceptionally deep year in California and the top8 Californians are 4 or 5star QBs going to big programs.

I don't give a shit where he is ranked. You can think I do though. I'm fine with getting a guy who broke every passing record and has an impressive offer sheet. Whether he is ranked 1st or 20th makes no difference to how he will play in college. Keep pressing though. Maybe one day I will be as dialed in as you when it comes to teen boys.
    Okay, I guess I just get confused when people start threads on a recruiting board complaining about rankings later say they don't care about rankings.

Seems like you cared.
  • kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    I agree completely on the flawed nature of the rankings - highly hypocritical to give better ratings to the campers and guys that return calls. OTOH, the camps give them a visual on the recruits rather than relying on film. I'd much rather a scout see a guy with his own eyes than rely on a highlight reel.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    kh83 said:

I agree completely on the flawed nature of the rankings - highly hypocritical to give better ratings to the campers and guys that return calls. OTOH, the camps give them a visual on the recruits rather than relying on film. I'd much rather a scout see a guy with his own eyes than rely on a highlight reel.

See a guy wearing sweatpants at a combine or see a guy in full pads playing 11 on 11 in games that matter? Not that I have an issue with sweatpants.

Okay, I guess I just get confused when people start threads on a recruiting board complaining about rankings later say they don't care about rankings.

Seems like you cared.

Where did I say that? I only agreed that Biggins is a retard and that no padded camps played too big of a role in the evaluations. Biggins shouldn't be seeing Browning for the first time in Browning's last game of his senior year.
    edited December 2014
    Last response from me here, because it's going around in circles.

Huffman does NorCal, not Biggins. As a result of JBs jr year play they rated him a 4star even against a bumper crop (hardy har har) QB year in SoCal. Someone in this thread said JB fell from 7th to 12th rated QB nationally after the summer. Who cares? Maybe as a result of his play in the state title game he rises up to 7th. Once again, who cares? He's been a 4star top 12 QB the entire time.

I get complaining about the ranking process, lots of kids get fucked over by it. But it doesn't apply to Browning, he was identified early as a high level 4star QB and has remained in a narrow band in the rankings the entire time (+/- 5 spots nationally).
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,725 Swaye's Wigwam
    Let's just all agree that recruiting rankings and stars are shit and my own personal evaluation on 2 minutes of highlights is superior to everything else
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

This just confirms that Biffins is a fucktard just like the rest of them, and y'all need to stop slobbing his knob.

This. I'm sure he's a nice guy and he does a good job interacting with customers, but this just shows he's a total fucktard. He uses TBS camps, most of which are without pads, for his rankings.
    You guys are being whiny little bitches on this.

This is one of the deepest years in California for QBs in a long long time. The top8 Ca QBs are high level prospects.

They have JB 6th in the state right now (Donald Jones had a post here where he rated JB 4th). Rosen (UCLA) Barnett (Alabama) are obviously better 5star elite prospects. Brady White (ASU) Ricky Town (SC) Travis Waller(Oregon) are right there with Browning. I actually think the duck QB is over-rated, as he seems to be rated all on athletic upside, but has a very broken delivery. Either way - 3rd vs 6th - cry me a river. They are all 4stars, have been the entire time. Shades of gray picking between those 4 QBs.

Browning is also rated above Sherion Jones (Florida) and Sam Darnold (USC). Just an incredibly deep year for QBs in California with all top 8 guys rated 4 stars and going to top national programs. It's not like Scout had Browning as some unrated 3star nobody.

Huffman does NorCal, I'm sure he saw Browning and that's why he rated him a 4star QB a while ago.
    It has nothing to do with where Browning is ranked. I don't give a shit where he's ranked or how he compares to those other QB's. It has to do with the fickleness of recruiting by these experts.

Browning has a good championship game and Biggins is now all about Browning. Of Browning played poorly, he probably would have dropped.

Browning was punished rankings wise for not going to the camps run by Biggins' employer. Now he's going to rise because Biggins finally saw him play and he played well. It's not because Browning shattered records all season long. It's because Biggins finally saw him play.

The guys who attend TBS camps and do well in no pads setting, shoot up the rankings. The guys who always text and return Biggins and Huffman's calls get preferential treatment. If it's a close call between two players, the one that has given the Scout TBSers more access and attended the right camps gets the nod. You are fucking naive to think this doesn't play a part in the rankings.
    All that being said, Jake Browning sucks.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,149 Founders Club

Since I read that Browning is the #2 recruit in USAToday, yesterday, I'm pretty sure this is the only time I posted this. But, I think you should read all the threads in this forum and count them just so you can be sure.

The Sarktastic posting model.

1. Gargle Petersen's sack every chance you get.

2. Remind everyone hundreds of times that Sark sucks.

Out of your 2,000+ posts, at least 97.81% consist of those two bullet points. The only other post I have ever read from you is a doogish one saying who gives a fuck about Juco's and UW shouldn't worry about those fuck ups. Oh, and one sucking Lindquist's dick. But I love ya anyway buddy. TTYL BFF ;)
    You aren't very good at this. I hope you're good at something.
    I'm good at life.