Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I'm hearing...

insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited December 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
Harbaugh to Michigan cause Kim is always wrong

"Harbaugh's problems with SF started when he wanted an extension of his contract. he wanted to be paid like, or more than pete Carroll. harbaugh has a huge ego and that ego is filled by his pay check. he's looking to become the highest paid coach in the NFL. For that reason, no way does he go back to college football. It won't happen.

Kim Grinolds

Managing Partner"

Expect Bleenor to report it a couple hours after it hits the Twitterverse.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I actually agree with Kim (FMFYFE). Harbaugh thinks Michigan's there for him whenever he wants it. He wants the massive contract and a ring before he goes there. Not sure he's getting the ring. He'll get a big money deal though.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Harbaugh's a Bay Area guy who lives in Palo Alto and has little kids around kindergarten age...he'll give Oakland every chance to hire him.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Meek said:

Harbaugh's a Bay Area guy who lives in Palo Alto and has little kids around kindergarten age...he'll give Oakland every chance to hire him.

What does being a Bay Area guy have to do coach with coaching in LA?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Problem with him in the NFL is that there's no way that SF cuts him loose without compensation. The only teams willing to give him compensation are the absolute dreck that can't afford to give up the picks to get him.

I would imagine that he could get out of his contract to go to Michigan though.

Problem in the NFL, as Harbaugh has found out here, is that even with all of the success that he's had, you're an aging roster away from being door.ass.out. Not only does he want the ring in the NFL, but he wants more control of the player side of things (which honestly, I don't blame any coach for wanting to be closely dialed in with the GM on those matters given that ultimately the coach is the one with his ass on the line). He gets player control in the college game.

There's no question that I think Michigan's all in on trying to get either Harbaugh or Les Miles at this point. It could be ugly for them if they don't get either.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Harbaugh is 50. He can recruit. He'll be the ESPN darling. He'll go to Michigan for $35/5 guaranteed w/rollover, with huge buyouts and set himself up for the NFL job he wants with an owner he wants, when he's 55-57 like Pete Carroll did.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Meek said:

The Rams are going to LA, not the Raiders
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Problem with him in the NFL is that there's no way that SF cuts him loose without compensation. The only teams willing to give him compensation are the absolute dreck that can't afford to give up the picks to get him.

I would imagine that he could get out of his contract to go to Michigan though.

Problem in the NFL, as Harbaugh has found out here, is that even with all of the success that he's had, you're an aging roster away from being door.ass.out. Not only does he want the ring in the NFL, but he wants more control of the player side of things (which honestly, I don't blame any coach for wanting to be closely dialed in with the GM on those matters given that ultimately the coach is the one with his ass on the line). He gets player control in the college game.

There's no question that I think Michigan's all in on trying to get either Harbaugh or Les Miles at this point. It could be ugly for them if they don't get either.

The Patriots are having a nice belly laugh with this post. NFL success is directly connected to a teams quarterback play. You can have the greatest skill players and line known to man, but except for the 2000 Baltimore Ravens, if you don't have a statistically elite quarterback, your team isn't winning shit.

San Francisco has regressed because Kaepernick has gone from one of the most dynamic quarterbacks in the game to a punchline.
  • Options
    Your success is greatly aided by having an elite QB. But at the same time, an elite QB without the right pieces around him turns into dog shit.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Meek said:

Abundance
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Your success is greatly aided by having an elite QB. But at the same time, an elite QB without the right pieces around him turns into dog shit.

An elite QB is average without good pieces around him, but he certaintly wouldn't be dog shit. What elite QB has taken that big of a regression because of talent alone?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

An elite QB is average without good pieces around him, but he certaintly wouldn't be dog shit. What elite QB has taken that big of a regression because of talent alone?
    Sorry for confusion ... the dog shit comment was in reference to the team.

And to me, dog shit means being .500 or worse.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

Drew Brees is 5-8 this year, and Eli has two Super Bowls. There are always exceptions.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Brady just won his 12th straight division title with varying amounts of talent. Not enough to get to the Super Bowl anymore but Brady keeps them contending. Look at the AFC East qbs over the years he goes against
  • Options

Brady just won his 12th straight division title with varying amounts of talent. Not enough to get to the Super Bowl anymore but Brady keeps them contending. Look at the AFC East qbs over the years he goes against

They're getting to the Super Bowel this year.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Maybe. It's been since 2011 and haven't won since 04. But Brady has kept them relevant which is the point
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

dnc said:

Maybe. It's been since 2011 and haven't won since 04. But Brady has kept them relevant which is the point
    Dammit Eli!
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Fans may not see much difference between college and pro football, but coaches definitely do. Winning a Super Bowl is the absolute pinnacle of the profession. No NFL coach who sincerely thought he was good enough to win a Super Bowl has ever voluntarily left for a college job, except for maybe Ray Perkins. Saban, Petrino, Mora, etc realize they have limitations, so they decided to go to the minor leagues. Even Lou Holtz and Bud Wilkinson had to give the NFL a try, and failed.

As long as he has NFL suitors, Harbaugh is not going to Michigan.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014

Fans may not see much difference between college and pro football, but coaches definitely do. Winning a Super Bowl is the absolute pinnacle of the profession. No NFL coach who sincerely thought he was good enough to win a Super Bowl has ever voluntarily left for a college job, except for maybe Ray Perkins. Saban, Petrino, Mora, etc realize they have limitations, so they decided to go to the minor leagues. Even Lou Holtz and Bud Wilkinson had to give the NFL a try, and failed.

As long as he has NFL suitors, Harbaugh is not going to Michigan.

Agree to some extent, but I think the NFL and College are completely different animals suited to different traits. The recruiting aspect in college is something a lot of successful NFL coaches can't manage.

The League is all about the Xs and Os because everyone is world class, while the college game is about the jimmies and Joes because the majority of the roster is there for class.

I think Petersen has the mental capacity to be a good NFL coach, but I think he relishes the opportunity to change human lives at such an influential point over barking at a QB making 4times as much as him.

But you are right, the NFL is a pure football, no bullshit league, and is definitely seen as the pinnacle of coaching accomplishment, and there is no way ultra-competitive Harbaugh goes to Michigan while his brother brings a super bowl ring to thanksgiving.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2014
    After seeing Mike Riley to Lincoln and Gary Anderson to Corvallis, I believe it's a fool's errand to try to predict which coach goes where. If Vegas laid odds on the aforementioned in September, I'm guessing the dude that had either one of those $100 tickets would be set for life.

Not Damone set, but pretty well off, if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    Everything I'm hearing on twitter says Harbaugh is named Michigan coach this week. The fact Kim says otherwise and is so confident just seals the deal for me.

Will be interesting to see the Wolverines in Husky Stadium in 2020!