Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Upshaw

@MWCherrington: #Washington’s Robert Upshaw is averaging 22.1 points and 9.1 blocks per 40 minutes. Averaging 18.8 minutes per game. Time for that to go up.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    How many fouls per 40?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

How many fouls per 40?

I think fouls have only been an issue in two games.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

How many fouls per 40?

I think fouls have only been an issue in two games.
    This. I'm sure it will be an issue again but FT's are his biggest issue right now, fouls aren't anywhere close.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Upshaw's playing time will keep increasing. He has/had conditioning issues and Romar is taking it kind of slow with him.

He's only going to get better. He's far exceeded even the doogliest expectations.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Upshaw's playing time will keep increasing. He has/had conditioning issues and Romar is taking it kind of slow with him.

He's only going to get better. He's far exceeded even the doogliest expectations.

At this rate, Upshaw will be a better NBA prospect than NWG.
  • Options

I think everyone agrees he's a better NBA prospect than NWG.

FWIW, Chad Ford's latest top 100 rankings have Upshaw at like #60 and NWG unranked. I think Upshaw will move up quickly. I don't think anyone knows what to do with Goss. He was underrated coming out of HS and will almost certainly be underrated coming out of college as well.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Goss will always be hampered by the fact he isn't elite athletically.
    Upshaw is the better prospect, but there are issues with him. Perhaps he can develop into a Deandre Jordan type.
    Excited to see what Upshaw will be in february
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    dhdawg said:

Goss will always be hampered by the fact he isn't elite athletically.
    Upshaw is the better prospect, but there are issues with him. Perhaps he can develop into a Deandre Jordan type.
    Excited to see what Upshaw will be in february

There's so many possible outcomes for Upshaw's career. He could be out of basketball by May or a lottery pick in June or a hundred things in between. He's the ultimate high ceiling low floor player.
  • Options
    dnc said:

FWIW, Chad Ford's latest top 100 rankings have Upshaw at like #60 and NWG unranked. I think Upshaw will move up quickly. I don't think anyone knows what to do with Goss. He was underrated coming out of HS and will almost certainly be underrated coming out of college as well.
    Now we all agree. But before the season, Upshaw was nothing but rumor and questions. Whereas Goss had at least proven something on the court.

Right now Upshaw is improving while Goss looks roughly the same.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

When is the last time Chad Ford updated those? I don't get NWG not being ranked. CJ Wilcox is a first rounder, but NWG isn't even ranked in the top 100?
  • Options

dnc said:

When is the last time Chad Ford updated those? I don't get NWG not being ranked. CJ Wilcox is a first rounder, but NWG isn't even ranked in the top 100?
    This week I believe.
  • Options

dnc said:

Wilcox is an elite shooter. NWG isn't.

Wilcox has more size.

Wilcox has more athleticism.

And Wilcox went 28th. Barely a 1st rounder.

NWG isn't a 1st rounder as is.
  • Options
    NWG isn't an elite athlete but people needs to stop talking about him like he is Steve Blake.
  • Options

NWG isn't an elite athlete but people needs to stop talking about him like he is Steve Blake.

Steve Blake can shoot.
  • Options

Steve Blake can shoot.
    Athletically.
  • Options

Steve Blake can shoot.
    Athletically.
    I know...

That was me throwing shade on NWG's jump shot.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think some of you are a bit confused on blake. While the guy isn't athletically gifted vertical wise, he is very quick defensively and a very good player. He's never been flashy, and had one of the ugliest jumpers. That being said, he's much different than NWG defensively, and even as a PG.

Either way, NWG will always be a guy who is going to have to earn his spot b/c of his lack of elite athleticism. I know we all love NWG, but I could see him going undrafted or in the 2nd round if he left. IT was the last freaking pick of the draft and IT was a very good player at UW. Some guys just never will be the golden children of scouts and gms'. Guys like NWG who succeed at every level will find a way at the nba level, but i still don't think that translates to a high pick regardless of what year he leaves. His situation reminds me of IT as far as draft stock. He isn't going to improve his stock dramatically by staying another two years. All he does is get older. If he really believes in himself, he leaves after this year regardless of draft position.

Upshaw has a skillset which is rare, even in nba terms. He's still got a long way to go, but a nba team could easily talk themselves into a 7' with his athleticism and ability in the 1st round. His sketchy past may push him to the 2nd round.

Nbadraftnet has upshaw in the 2nd round, and nwg not even ranked in the top 2. Eventhough I love NWG as a husky fan, I don't think i'd take him as an NBA GM in the draft. I would sign him and see how he did at camps, but I just don't see him as being top 60 player in the nba draft(considering foreign players as well).
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@MWCherrington: #Washington’s Robert Upshaw is averaging 22.1 points and 9.1 blocks per 40 minutes. Averaging 18.8 minutes per game. Time for that to go up.

I love these stats acting as if he played 35 minutes a game he'd somehow play at the same pace as the 20-25 he's playing now. Romar is being extremely smart in handling upshaw. Let him get into shape and learn to play a little more as the season goes on. By the pac12, upshaw probably will be up to 27-30 minutes a game barring foul trouble.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yet Nik fucking Stauskas was picked eighth?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    He isn't going to improve his draft stock unless he improves his jumper. If his draft stock is all he's concerned with (which is probably the case) goss is gone, but there are a few kids who do decide to stick around for whatever reason, so it's possible however unlikely