Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I like to say this year will be the first real NCAA football champion..

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited December 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
and all others before this year were MNC's... I also like to say the NCAA hasn't recognized a NCAA football champion prior to this year... I'm also a dumbfuck duck..

http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Awfully warm for Jan. 12th
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Curiously enough, I didn't read Alabama x15 or UWx3 in that list.

Certainly pre-1998 is a festival of stupid outcomes and nebulous claims to shit not awarded by any reputable organizations.

And 1871 was special.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Alabama Crimson Tide football team represents the University of Alabama (variously Alabama, UA, or 'Bama) in the sport of American football. The Crimson Tide competes in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) and the Western Division of the Southeastern Conference (SEC).[5] The team is currently coached by Nick Saban. The Crimson Tide is among the most storied and decorated programs in NCAA history. Since beginning play in 1892, the program recognizes 15 of the national championships awarded to the team,[2][6][7] including 10 wire-service (AP or Coaches) national titles in the poll-era, the most of any current FBS program.[8] From 1958 to 1982, the team was led by Hall of Fame coach Paul "Bear" Bryant, who won six national championships with the program.[6] Despite numerous national and conference championships, it was not until 2009 that an Alabama player received a Heisman Trophy, when running back Mark Ingram became the university's first winner.[9]

As of the completion of the 2013 season, Alabama has 838 official victories[a][b] in NCAA Division I (an additional 21 victories were vacated and 8 victories and 1 tie were forfeited), has won 28 conference championships (4 Southern Conference and 24 SEC championships) and has made an NCAA-record 60 postseason bowl appearances. Other NCAA records include 23 10-game+ win streaks and 19 seasons with a 10–0 start. The program has had 32 10–win seasons (plus one vacated),[10][11] and has 35[b] bowl victories, both NCAA records.[12] Alabama has completed 10 undefeated seasons, 9 of which were perfect seasons. The Crimson Tide leads the SEC West Division with ten division titles and nine appearances in the SEC Championship Game. Alabama holds a winning record against every current and former SEC school. The Associated Press (AP) ranks Alabama 4th in all-time final AP Poll appearances, with 51 through the 2013 season.[13][14]

Alabama plays its home games at Bryant–Denny Stadium, located on the campus in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.[1] With a capacity of 101,821,[1] Bryant-Denny is the 10th largest non-racing stadium in the world and the seventh largest stadium in the United States, behind only Michigan Stadium, Beaver Stadium (Penn State), Kyle Field (Texas A&M), Neyland Stadium (Tennessee), Ohio Stadium (Ohio St.), and Tiger Stadium (LSU).
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Canard said:

Certainly pre-1998 is a festival of stupid outcomes and nebulous claims to shit not awarded by any reputable organizations.

And 1871 was special.

The hilarious thing is despite all those stupid outcomes and nebulous claims by irreputable organizations, nobody has ever picked Oregon for any of them.

Maybe it wasn't quite so easy to win an MNC and pop off, after all.
    Perhaps

But still
  • Options

UCLA didn't really win 10 titles and 7 in a row because many of them were in a 16 team tourney

#ThingsLosersSay

Lol. As if UCLA "chose to recognize" some self-important fucktards with a beyond obscure poll published from momma's basement "awarding" them a basketball championship.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Canard said:

And 1871 was special.

The hilarious thing is despite all those stupid outcomes and nebulous claims by irreputable organizations, nobody has ever picked Oregon for any of them.

Maybe it wasn't quite so easy to win an MNC and pop off, after all.
    Have I ever claimed oregon football has won jack shit? No.

I am bemused by the practice of post hoc "recognition" of MNCs based upon the thinnest of pretexts.

Laugh all you want to, but pre-98 NCs are debased.
  • Options

So if the ducks win it this year they are the greatest football program of all time, correct? They would have won the most national championships.

The sad thing is there are many many duck fans who think this way. Just like the "nothing before 1998 counts" shit that the dumbfuck in this thread has already posted.

No. However, if Oregon takes it this year, they will have had the toughest path ever to claim one. If you think that aspect of the playoff is debatable, you're fucking delusional.

There's none of that, "we'd have killed BYU" or "Miami didn't deserve to share," and other hypothetical shit.

Cut through the defending and undefeated champ and then take out the preeminent program of the era if Alabama is in Dallas?

That trophy will be unassailably earned if the Ducks pull it off.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Canard said:

So if the ducks win it this year they are the greatest football program of all time, correct? They would have won the most national championships.

The sad thing is there are many many duck fans who think this way. Just like the "nothing before 1998 counts" shit that the dumbfuck in this thread has already posted.

No. However, if Oregon takes it this year, they will have had the toughest path ever to claim one. If you think that aspect of the playoff is debatable, you're fucking delusional.

There's none of that, "we'd have killed BYU" or "Miami didn't deserve to share," and other hypothetical shit.

Cut through the defending and undefeated champ and then take out the preeminent program of the era if Alabama is in Dallas?

Ugh, your schedule this year, even with the two bowl game playoffs (assuming you win) would not be the toughest path to claim a NC. I'm too lazy to research it but i seriously doubt your schedule matches up the the toughest ever. Shit, I think UW 1991 was harder than yours this year with playing SC, Cal, Nebraska, Michigan. Michigan State, Arizona (lol), Florida State, and Alabama not that much different.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    Founders Club

and all others before this year were MNC's... I also like to say the NCAA hasn't recognized a NCAA football champion prior to this year... I'm also a dumbfuck duck..

http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

Wait, I do not see Washington's name listed for 1960.

Todd Tuner!! True??
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    LawDawg1 said:

Canard said:

Ugh, your schedule this year, even with the two bowl game playoffs (assuming you win) would not be the toughest path to claim a NC. I'm too lazy to research it but i seriously doubt your schedule matches up the the toughest ever. Shit, I think UW 1991 was harder than yours this year with playing SC, Cal, Nebraska, Michigan. Michigan State, Arizona (lol), Florida State, and Alabama not that much different.
    Oregon would have snapped a 29 game winning streak, and beaten the greatest college coach in the modern era in back to back weeks. They would also have victories over another top 10 team, a top 15 team on the road, and another top 15 team for the conference crown.

You my friend are a moron
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2014

LawDawg1 said:

Canard said:

Oregon would have snapped a 29 game winning streak, and beaten the greatest college coach in the modern era in back to back weeks. They would also have victories over another top 10 team, a top 15 team on the road, and another top 15 team for the conference crown.

You my friend are a moron
    He is a moron, but Catard somehow manages to always be the biggest dunce on every thread he participates in.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Canard said:

WTF'd for saying the Pac-12 North champions had a tough road.