Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How many NC's should UW claim?

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,108
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited December 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
After seeing the argument in that other thread I wanted to know what HH fans think is the correct answer. Choices are 1, 2 or 3 for 1991 (obvious), 1960, and 1984.

I also put in half a NC. Kind of like a retard option.

No Abundance, Reno or Field. Answer the fucking question assholes.

How many NC's should UW claim? 52 votes

One - Fuck you Miami we would have beat your ass.
23%
DerekJohnsonTommySQCCFetters_Nacho_LoverFire_Marshall_BillPurpleBazeQuornDawgRaccoonHarryAZDuckdrogginsMadHuskyCanardBayDawg 12 votes
Two - What the fuck kind of mascot is a Gopher anyway? Who cares. We stomped your ass in the Rose Bowl.
28%
PassionHeretoBeatmyChestAtomicDawgUWhuskytskeetTTJcreepycougchuckdoogsinparadiseHFNYGrundleStiltzkinwhatshouldicareaboutMrsPetersenGreenRiverGatorzuziPostal91 15 votes
Three - Remove one "M" from Mormon and you get Moron.
32%
SwayeiDawgtopdawgncPostGameOrangeSlicesHuskyJWThomasFremontMad_SonDennis_DeYoungGladstonebiak1DoogleshaiepawzPriceToBamaPurpleTicklersjdseatownfunk 17 votes
Half - I am a Duck/Cuog faggot so this is how I voted.
15%
RaceBannonBennyBeavergreenbloodPurpleJBlackieMisterEmoregonblitzkriegHuskyHalfBrain 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    4 - Rotham (FACT) declared us NC in 1990.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    You are supposed to put "Write-in" before you call me an asshole.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    All of them.

Why not?
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    WCTHSS
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,513
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Two - What the fuck kind of mascot is a Gopher anyway? Who cares. We stomped your ass in the Rose Bowl.
    In 1960, all the major poles cast their final votes after the regular season but before the bowl games.

However, every poll that voted after the Rose Bowl voted UW national champions.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,432
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just want to make duck cuog faggots look bad
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2014
    84's a stretch. it relies on the whole "we were the best team at the end of the season" for part of its argument, and of course about 1/2 the time some team that doesn't win it is really the best team playing at that time.

shitty system, but it did produce a champ in an undefeated BYU team, which UW would have crushed, but it doesn't matter.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,010

4 - Rotham (FACT) declared us NC in 1990.

This.

Makes a lot more sense than the 1/2 title shit that Dooks and Cuogs try to defend.

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    I had a bumper sticker in my room when I was nine years old "1984....THE REAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS"

So I can't that one as well.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    The more convoluted it gets, the weaker the claim.

The real problem is that they are all merely "claims." Such has driven the game to where it is today.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,298
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Couldn't resist
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Forgot 2008 on the poll
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I remember in 1985 there was a Mormon asshole running around Pioneer Middle School wearing a purple shirt with yellow writing that started off with BYU beat ... and then went into a number of schools until it got to who beat USC who beat Washington ... so clearly BYU is national champion.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    1960 & 1991 are legitimately recognized. 84 should have been but it wasn't.

http://www.tiptop25.com/fixing1984.html
    Major college football national championships are all in the eye of the beholder, and this beholder will never acknowledge Brigham Young '84 as a "national champion." So who is champ? For me, it's a split title between Washington and Florida. Washington had the best record and the best win (28-17 over #6 Oklahoma), but Florida played a much tougher schedule. Look at it this way-- Florida was 3-1-1 against the AP top 20, and 5-1-1 against the fixed top 25, while Washington was 1-1 against both. And Washington had 1 close win over an unrated opponent, Florida none. So for my money, Florida should definitely be #1.

On the other hand, none of those rated teams Florida defeated were top 10, while Washington did beat a top 10 opponent. Florida's results, however impressive in sum, are lacking a win with "oomph" factor like Washington got in the Orange Bowl. In other words, none of Florida's wins makes you say, "Wow, now there's a national champion," whereas Washington's Orange Bowl win does. And Washington's upset loss came to the #10 team-- higher ranked than anyone Florida beat, and higher ranked than the team Florida lost to.

So while the difference in schedule here is immense, the case for Washington has just enough merit, I think, to allow for a compromise. Move Florida up into a tie with Washington. They're both #1.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    1990 Miami had a better season and better bowel performance. On that day in Dallas, they would have plungered anyone, Washington included.

If Washington got a piece of the 90 title, I'm claiming one for Miami right fucking now, and we can have back to back halfies.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Canard does have a poont. All the titles back then are "claims." Which does make the current system produce LESS potential headaches.

So I claim three. Alabama claims 14. All kinds of schools have legit claims to old NC's...probably two or three schools per year were ranked by some ranking source as the NC - I'm too lazy to look it up so that's an assumption mind you. Now fuck off.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I just hate Mormons.