Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I was right

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    OZONE said:

topdawgnc said:

Weird.

Your team is about to play for the Pac12 championship and a spot in the final four and you are trolling half brains?

What's weird about it? Even though you guys are half brains and little brothers, it is still one of the better boards around.
    Inferiority complex is alive and well
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

Link?

Here, let me google that for you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_boat
  • Options

OZONE said:

topdawgnc said:

Weird.

Your team is about to play for the Pac12 championship and a spot in the final four and you are trolling half brains?

What's weird about it? Even though you guys are half brains and little brothers, it is still one of the better boards around.
    Inferiority complex is alive and well
    12 in a row.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    OZONE said:

You guys were only good enough to get 3rd in the Pac 12 North. Again.

What did that get you this year, 8th in the Pas 12 overall and a chance to play in the cactus bowel?

Enjoy watching big brother in the Pac 12 championship game.

What a bunch of doogs.

Wrong bored faggot. That's Doogman

But keep throwing up the strawman if it makes your little dick harder.

I notice your sorry ass is here
  • Options
    OZONE said:

topdawgnc said:

Weird.

Get the fuck out of here faggot. You are not welcome.

Go fingerbang your mom/sister while she's on her period again trailer trash.

• Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

Link?

Here, let me google that for you...

A flying boat is a fixed-winged seaplane with a hull, allowing it to land on water, that usually has no type of landing gear to allow operation on land.[1] It differs from a float plane as it uses a purpose-designed fuselage which can float, granting the aircraft buoyancy. Flying boats may be stabilized by under-wing floats or by wing-like projections (called sponsons) from the fuselage. Flying boats were some of the largest aircraft of the first half of the 20th century, exceeded in size only by bombers developed during World War II. Their advantage lay in using water instead of expensive land-based runways, making them the basis for international airlines in the interwar period. They were also commonly used for maritime patrol and air-sea rescue.
    Their use gradually tailed off after World War II, partially because of the investments in airports during the war. In the 21st century, flying boats maintain a few niche uses, such as for dropping water on forest fires, air transport around archipelagos, and access to undeveloped or roadless areas. Many modern seaplane variants, whether float or flying boat types, are convertible amphibious aircraft where either landing gear or flotation modes may be used to land and take off.
    Contents [hide]
    1 Flying boats today
    2 Gallery
    3 See also
    4 References
    5 External links
    Flying boats today[edit]
    See also: History of the seaplane
    The shape of the Short Empire, a British flying boat of the 1930s was a harbinger of the shape of 20th century aircraft yet to come. Today, however, true flying boats have largely been replaced by seaplanes with floats and amphibian aircraft with wheels. The Beriev Be-200 twin-jet amphibious aircraft has been one of the closest "living" descendants of the earlier flying boats, along with the larger amphibious planes used for fighting forest fires. There are also several experimental/kit amphibians such as the Volmer Sportsman, Quikkit Glass Goose, Airmax Sea Max, Aeroprakt A-24, and Seawind 300C.
    The ShinMaywa US-2 is a large STOL amphibious aircraft designed for air-sea rescue work. The US-2 is operated by the Japan Maritime Self Defense Force.
    The Canadair CL-215 and successor Bombardier 415 are examples of modern flying boats and are used for forest fire suppression.
    Dornier announced plans in May 2010 to build CD2 SeaStar composite flying boats in Quebec, Canada.
    Gallery[edit]

Chinese Harbin/Shuihong 5

U.S. PBY Catalina serving as an aerial firefighting plane

Japanese ShinMaywa US-2

Canadair CL-215

Canadair CL-415

Russian Beriev Be-200
    See also[edit]
    List of seaplanes and amphibious aircraft
    Ground effect vehicle
    Maritime patrol aircraft
    References[edit]
    Notes
    Jump up ^ E. R. Johnson, American Flying Boats and Amphibious Aircraft: An Illustrated History, McFarland and Company, Inc., ISBN 978-0-7864-3974-4
    Bibliography
    Davies, R.E.G. Pan Am: An Airline and its Aircraft. New York: Orion Books, 1987. ISBN 0-517-56639-7.
    Yenne, Bill. Seaplanes & Flying Boats: A Timeless Collection from Aviation's Golden Age. New York: BCL Press, 2003. ISBN 1-932302-03-4.
    External links[edit]
    Wikimedia Commons has media related to Flying boats.
    When Boats Had Wings, June 1963 detail article Popular Science
    [hide] v t e
    Lists relating to aviation
    General
    Aircraft manufacturers Aircraft engines manufacturers Airlines Defunct airlines Helicopter airlines Airports Aerobatic teams Civil authorities Gliders Museums Registration prefixes Rotorcraft manufacturers Timeline
    Military
    Air forces Experimental Missiles Unmanned Weapons
    Accidents / incidents
    Commercial airliners by location Fatalities by death toll General aviation Military By registration
    Records
    Airspeed Altitude Distance Endurance Firsts Large Most-produced aircraft Most-produced rotorcraft
    Categories: Flying boatsSeaplanes and flying boats
    Navigation menu
    Create accountLog inArticleTalkReadEditView history

Main page
    Contents
    Featured content
    Current events
    Random article
    Donate to Wikipedia
    Wikimedia Shop
    Interaction
    Help
    About Wikipedia
    Community portal
    Recent changes
    Contact page
    Tools
    What links here
    Related changes
    Upload file
    Special pages
    Permanent link
    Page information
    Wikidata item
    Cite this page
    Print/export
    Create a book
    Download as PDF
    Printable version
    Languages
    العربية
    Deutsch
    Español
    Esperanto
    Français
    한국어
    Hrvatski
    Bahasa Indonesia
    മലയാളം
    日本語
    Polski
    Slovenščina
    Suomi
    Svenska
    Tiếng Việt
    中文
    Edit links
    This page was last modified on 21 November 2014 at 16:32.
    Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.
    Disagree.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    TommySQC said:

OZONE said:

topdawgnc said:

Weird.

Way to keep it classy. I suspect you know all about living in a trailer.
  • Options
    OZONE said:

TommySQC said:

OZONE said:

topdawgnc said:

Weird.

Fuck classy retard. It's my bored....Are you new here?

Pay attention to the game as it's the highlight of your life wearing your "We want Bama" shirt.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

You guys were only good enough to get 3rd in the Pac 12 North. Again.

What did that get you this year, 8th in the Pas 12 overall and a chance to play in the cactus bowel?

Enjoy watching big brother in the Pac 12 championship game.

What a bunch of doogs.

*PAC
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Mad RichRod is best RichRod
  • Options
    TommySQC said:

OZONE said:

TommySQC said:

OZONE said:

topdawgnc said:

Weird.

Fuck classy retard. It's my bored....Are you new here?

Your board? Are you the dev? Because... while you have some good posters... you have a shitty interface.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stop plagiarizing my shit ,fucko
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2014
    OZONE said:

How many times do I have to explain to you doogs the difference between a float plane and a flying boat?

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,448
    OZONE said:

How many times do I have to explain to you doogs the difference between a float plane and a flying boat?

There is no difference.

HTH
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No way I'm touching that link.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I like to enjoy a championship victory by my team by gloating on the board of a team we've beat 11 years in a row. I like to do that.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    TommySQC said:

OZONE said:

topdawgnc said:

Weird.

Get the fuck out of here faggot. You are not welcome.

I for one never used to led the red river get in my way. Now that I'm old and limp, it grosses me out.

Good Lord I was one horny fucker back in the day.

[SIGH]
  • Options

I like to enjoy a championship victory by my team by gloating on the board of a team we've beat 11 years in a row. I like to do that.

Indeed. Especially when it is little brother.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    OZONE said:

Indeed. Especially when it is little brother.
    Oh the irony...