Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to tequilla

LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
...from my bayloor beaoor uncle in law who sent this BCC email to apparently everyone he knows

I call total Bull$hit!
The committee (who has too many cooks in the kitchen) is completely overlooking that it's NOT just 1 loss by each team (TCU/Baylor) to separate teams, BUT TCUs one loss is to the very team 3 behind them & is a team in their same conference, where they virtually play the same schedule! The big 12 does not do round-robin like the SEC. Each team plays each big 12 team. This would be the equivalent of Alabama beating Auburn head to head in conference, but Auburn still being 3 ahead of them in rankings, even though each only had 1 loss. It would never happen! Folks in Alabama would burn the State off the map!

On a side note, it's completely being overlooked that in the game Baylor lost & in last weeks close one, their Heisman candidate QB was seriously hurt (with a painful fractured back @ WV, & he was out from the 3rd qtr on with a concussion @ TCU).

From the beginning of history in sport, "head to head" has always been THE determining factor!...until now! So, next time any team comes from behind in any sport in a deciding game to win (like a team in a game 7 World Series behind 5 runs in the 7th inning, who comes back to win in the 9th), then let's not give them full credit, cause they were behind a lot at one point & that other team really out played them for 7 innings. BS!!!
I'll even go biblical here - "right will be wrong & wrong will be right, in the end".

Now, if we go lay an egg Sat, please disregard all I've said- ha!

PS: I may very well body slam Herbstreit Sat. when I see him. Pray for me cause I'm serious. The guy who says his "eye test" tells him TCU is "much" better. This is the same guy whose eye test has told him OU would be #1 & win it all the last 2 years & Baylor has scourged them each year. Time to be held accountable for your words & eyes Herbie!

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    someone needs to tell the author that a round-robin is actually what the Big 12 does, and to not be such a giant pussy in terms of OOC scheduling
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    THEY DIDN'T PLAY MINNESOTA
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    If Baylor really wanted to be national champions, they shouldn't have lost that one game.
  • Options
    I'm not a TCU fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I love what the committee is doing on account of sending a clear message that pussy OOC schedules will actually get you fucked with by the committee, and also fuck the Babtists.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    That email is one of the biggest reasons why I hate Baylor so much ... they are such a whiny bunch of bible thumping fucktards I've ever seen in my life ...

I went to a game in College Station once where aTm played Baylor ... I'm sitting in the stands with my buddy and Baylor's getting drilled like they historically have. Sitting nearby is a Baylor dude that clearly looks like he rarely leaves his basement because the Dungeons and Dragons game he's playing on (the) line is way too fucking stressful. Even while getting their ass kicked, this dbag is sitting there the entire game yelling "Sic Em Bears" and doing the ridiculous bear claw sign with his hand ... did I mention yet that we were sitting basically at the top of the stadium in the endzone so nobody on the field had a chance whatsoever to hear him?

Baylor's spent most of their existence getting their ass kicked by everybody. Baylor was plenty involved with Will E Lyles. One of the big problems with Texas the last 5+ years has been that they've been very pissed that their recruiting hasn't been great because too many local area schools are too busy paying players ... wonder who they may be pointing their fingers at (allegedly).

Baylor will do just about ANYTHING to get a win and get out of the shadows of their more successful neighbors. Which is also why they are so butthurt about TCU (one of their biggest rivals and threats for success) being ranked ahead of them.

The ONLY thing Baylor has to hang their hat on in this debate was that they beat TCU.

They can't explain away that TCU looks like the more impressive team.

They can't explain away that TCU wiped the field with them for 50 minutes and it took 10 terrible minutes of play from TCU + officials help to get Baylor the win.

They can't explain away their lack of OOC schedule.

They can't explain away the fact that if you look at the cumulative point totals in Big 12 play that there's a strong likelihood that TCU will be +50 points in point differential compared to Baylor.

Instead, Baylor points to the fact that their QB was hurt for portions of a game as an excuse. TCU's had their share of injury issues as well and just plugged in and went from there.

On a neutral field, I would expect TCU to beat Baylor probably 70% of the time. They are the better team.
  • Options
    TCU lost to Baylor but fuck Baylor
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I dislike Baylor. Their sideline antics are worse than sarks. In fact it's where sark got the idea to mimick that shit after the Alamo bowl.

That being said. They beat tcu head to head and this whole argument is fucktarded.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I despise Baylor, hate that team, coach, city, fans, everything.
  • Options

I don't care too much who goes, but TCU being 3 spots above a team that beat them is pretty ridiculous.

I realize it is a bit apples and oranges, but you could make the same argument about Oregon/Arizona or even Alabama/Ole Miss.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

I don't care too much who goes, but TCU being 3 spots above a team that beat them is pretty ridiculous.

I realize it is a bit apples and oranges, but you could make the same argument about Oregon/Arizona or even Alabama/Ole Miss.
    Except for, you know, the records aren't the same.

I've never been of the "head to head trumps everything else" ilk, but even those who do ascribe to that worldview don't try to apply it when one team has more losses than the other. Unless they're, you know, coogs.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's 2000 redux.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Except for, you know, the records aren't the same.

I've never been of the "head to head trumps everything else" ilk, but even those who do ascribe to that worldview don't try to apply it when one team has more losses than the other. Unless they're, you know, coogs.
    You clearly didn't read the "it's a bit apples and oranges" part of it ...

And with respect to Oregon vs. Arizona, you could very easily argue that the PAC South >>> PAC North.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

It's 2000 redux.
    That was one spot and it was after all games had been played but I was going to mention it. That being said I think I've brought up before that my brother went to TCU so in this case I don't really give a fuck about what's fair. I just want to see the frawgs go to the playoff so I can turn up.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

I'm not a TCU fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I love what the committee is doing on account of sending a clear message that pussy OOC schedules will actually get you fucked with by the committee, and also fuck the Babtists.

Does not apply to SEC
  • Options
    Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Tequilla said:

That email is one of the biggest reasons why I hate Baylor so much ... they are such a whiny bunch of bible thumping fucktards I've ever seen in my life ...

Absolutely, Baylor's whining and lobbying with state politicians are a huge reason why we didn't become the Pac-16 three years ago.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2014
    I generally don't give a fuck what's going on in Texas. It's the world's biggest shit hole. Well behind India and some other places.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Must be part of God's plan to keep them out of the playoff.

Pretty arrogant of Baylor fans to question Him.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    After Ohio and FSU lose this weekend and Baylor wins don't the Bears get in too?

LIPO
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Its not like TCU played a tuff non con schedule. They didn't. They play an equal conference schedule. And Baylor won the head to head

Ohio State is being penalized for playing doog legend Frank Beamer, a power 5 team, allegedly, with a first time freshman starter at QB. Ohio State is unbeaten if they played either of TCU or Baylor's non conference schedule.

Go ahead and say the B1G sucks because

MINNESOTA