Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

But for an improbable Coop fumble...

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
...UW is ranked right now. And is sitting at #2 in Pac12 power rankings with two up arrows.

It truly won't take Peterman long.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014
    TTJ said:

...UW is ranked right now. And is sitting at #2 in Pac12 power rankings with two up arrows.

Your power rankings are worse than Aubbie's. We still wouldn't be #2. How would we be above a UCLA team with fewer losses that beat us handily? Same with ASU. Stanford and UW would both be 5-4 and they also beat us.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Some doog on Twitter during the apple cup plunger said "imagine if Pete had taken a knee against Arizona"... I replied, "UCLA would be in the pac12 championship and we'd still be going to a crappy bowel"

I hate our fans sometimes
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TTJ said:

Your power rankings are worse than Aubbie's. We still wouldn't be #2. How would we be above a UCLA team with fewer losses that beat us handily? Same with ASU. Stanford and UW would both be 5-4 and they also beat us.
    Those teams would still rank above UW in traditional conference standings, yes. I guess I think of power rankings as something different, for better or worse, in that they have a strong recency bias. In the scenario I described above, UCLA, ASU and Stanford all would have lost since UW. And West Coast pundits would be talking about UW playing "the second best football in the league right now."

It's all bullshit anyway. UW lost that game. I just think Peterman was #thatclose to being the toast of the league right now.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    5-4 is not the toast of the league when you have a team on the verge of the final 4
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

Those teams would still rank above UW in traditional conference standings, yes. I guess I think of power rankings as something different, for better or worse, in that they have a strong recency bias. In the scenario I described above, UCLA, ASU and Stanford all would have lost since UW. And West Coast pundits would be talking about UW playing "the second best football in the league right now."

It's all bullshit anyway. UW lost that game. I just think Peterman was #thatclose to being the toast of the league right now.
    You're fucking kidding..............right?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Shitty QB play in the conference of quarterbacks isn't going to help with the toasting parade.